• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Words that cannot be said

It's just my opinion, but in a NT/ASD relationship I believe being willing to compromise or alternate concessions is essential. I don't see how it could be a fair and satisfactory arrangement otherwise.

Sounds like you both want different things. The route of least pain would be to end it. I spent years in a relationship with someone who wanted different things and it was torture.

Walk away. If he follows, decide whether you're willing to go back to him. If he doesn't, you need to understand that you can't fix all the injured animals in the forest.

IMHO, we are not fit to determine whether a couple should break up or stay together based on a just little bit of text provided by one side. More information would be needed, such as closely observing your dialogue and body language when you're together.

All I can tell you is how I would have felt in his shoes.

I could never fulfill what people call a normal couple or truly being together.
There was a love emotion for a couple of guys, but, it just was not strong enough
to make me want to be with them 24/7, marry or live with them, and I never wanted children.
Also, in my case, making a romantic asexual relationship work just doesn't.

Living together I would feel confined, controlled, never at ease.

As far as the Happy Birthday request, again, I would feel I was being told what to do and
loss of control.
I might say it, if it weren't requested. Just let it come naturally.

Aspychata said it correctly...we are unconventional.

Is this the same guy you mentioned in this thread two years ago?

The most incredible guy I have ever met
It is :(

I realise now that im still asking the very same questions I was asking back then.

Thank you for all the responses. Its really interesting to hear your thoughts. And I have to admit that each and every 2 cents input Ive received makes complete sense.

I am constantly asking for more, even when I consider them to be small things.

Happy late birthday Ms Brit!

Autistic guy here: AUTISM IS NO EXCUSE TO TREAT A LOVED ONE POORLY.

Let me reiterate that. There is no excuse whatsoever to engage in an immoral and emotionally abusive lifestyle such as he attempts to impose.

Happy late birthday Ms Brit!

Autistic guy here: AUTISM IS NO EXCUSE TO TREAT A LOVED ONE POORLY.

Let me reiterate that. There is no excuse whatsoever to engage in an immoral and emotionally abusive lifestyle such as he attempts to impose.
Thank you Gerontius. I dont believe he is being immoral or emotionally abusive, but I guess that is open to interpretation.

I haven't heard from him since Tuesday when I left his apartment, not a single message, feeling so sad and desperate. The silent treatment is just the worst for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom