• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Winter Wonderland - NOT

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Snow bells are ringing
As my brain is fleeing

Eggnog is deleting
My tension and seething

What a beautiful nite for a good family fight
In this winter wonderland

Try not to mock my scrawny xmas tree
The angel resting at top is gender-free

While credit card bills leave me popping pills
In my winter wonderland

Fried a turkey for that dinner party
Burnt my house down, now l am sorry

My winter wonderland
Needs a script of klonipin
Now the healing finally can begin.........

Feel free to create your own horrible jingle and giggles are free. Or what do you hate about the holidays?

Last edited:
I no longer celebrate that festival.

When I did, I enjoyed it at first, because it was pretty magical and my husband was really into it, so tons of goodies etc, but all that effort for ONE DAY and the next day, is a day, when sales are on, so one has to spend a lot of money beforehand and often getting into heavy debt and also, found all that magical atmosphere changed the next day and all seemed rather gaudy.

When I was studying the bible and came to see that Jesus was not born on the 25 of December ( mind, never did celebrate for that reason) and that it is actually a pagan festival, dressed up to look good. I decided that I would not and could not celebrate anymore and feel so relieved and hate this time of year, because it offends my God.

Due to not celebrating, I can see and hear and sense things. So, take all those exmas songs. Many are only related to winter and that is hardly to do with xmas; that is advertising at its best - or worst! And, because, mostly snow starts to fall in January lol

I am pretty sure that God's above being offended by people having celebrations, however tacky. God's got bigger stuff to think about. I quite like to have a pleasant special day with nice food and an exchange of gifties.

Many carols are nice to listen to. I enjoy the service from Kings college Cambridge on TV each year. And am grateful for the good people in my life.

My husbands family are all big and loud. Really BIG. And really LOUD. The mom is the smallest at 5'9" and dad and sons are all at least 6'5. One is 6'9"!
They are friendly folk but acted like Tolkiens description of Dwarves, squabbling, laughing, taking over one another.

Since I am 5' even I felt like a mouse at a circus amongst elephants trained by clowns. When I recover I may try to get creative with this. Once I get over the stressy dreams that is!

Haven't celebrated Xmas for quite a while. Parents could rarely afford things so I learned early on never to get my hopes up. But I did enjoy Xmas eve at my grandparents and liked the great polish meals my grandmother made.

@Suzanne
"mostly snow starts to fall in January lol"

Not here.
Been snowing all this month of November.
Generally there's a little preview the second week of October,
but that melts away.

November snow tends to hang on.
And because it's heavy & wet, broken tree branches are common.

Snow bells are ringing
As my brain is fleeing

Eggnog is deleting
My tension and seething

In my winter wonderland

My winter wonderland

Feel free to create your own horrible jingle and giggles are free. Or what do you hate about the holidays?
That hit the spot, thanks.

Both my parents died on Wednesday, December 13th- yet 28 years apart. :eek:

So December isn't one of my favorite months. Christmas or not... :oops:

@Suzanne
"mostly snow starts to fall in January lol"

Not here.
Been snowing all this month of November.
Generally there's a little preview the second week of October,
but that melts away.

November snow tends to hang on.
And because it's heavy & wet, broken tree branches are common.
Lake Michigan is quite warm for this time of year, so I'm waiting for the Lake effect snow machine to turn on. I live at an elevation 500 feet above lake level, perfect for the moisture picked up by westerly winds over the lake to drop out as snow as the air rises and cools

It’s snowing here right now lol. Where I live is cold! Boston is pretty cold in the winter too but we get more snow in my area than in Boston or on the North Shore. I’m on Boston Harbor but in a different town.

I like Christmas, but this season brings up depressing feelings for me too. I miss my grandparents. And I have an “anniversary” of a traumatic event in December :(
But like Yeshuasdaughter said, I’m definitely grateful for what I still have and I can’t wait to get gifts for everyone. I don’t care if they get me anything back :) It’s the giving that counts. And I know some people can’t afford to get gifts for everyone.
I also like going to church with my parents and I love religious Christmas music.

I love seeing my town decorated. We’re one of the only towns in the area that still has a “village” town center.

I share my sympathies with anyone who struggles this time of year. I know a lot of people, myself included, suffer from traumatic memories, grief from missing their loved ones, and seasonal affective disorder. It’s ok to not be happy and cheerful this season.
<3

I say the worst thing is being sick. Difficulty in finding a hospital or Doctor. That said. I was always very grateful for the cheerfulness of the season. It did much to aid me during illness. Insanity threw sickness nearly ended me many years ago during this time. I survived on the Goodwill and hopefulness of the season.

This is a un-xmas post but some of us need to clear of our chest the things that the jolly days aren't. Presents, weather, relatives, memories can seemed more intense at times.
Hope everybody has a safe holiday at this forum.

I am pretty sure that God's above being offended by people having celebrations, however tacky. God's got bigger stuff to think about. I quite like to have a pleasant special day with nice food and an exchange of gifties.

Many carols are nice to listen to. I enjoy the service from Kings college Cambridge on TV each year. And am grateful for the good people in my life.
I have formed the habit of listening to King's College choir singing each Christmas. Awesome music and singing!

What I dislike about the holidays is that most people don't really enjoy themselves, but run themselves ragged trying to do everything "right." Spending way too much money, stressing about putting up a tree, etc. I used to enjoy it more when my daughter was a little girl; it was more meaningful putting up a tree and planning surprises for her. Now I have grandchildren that I send gifts too and they are easily pleased!

Snow bells are ringing
As my brain is fleeing

Eggnog is deleting
My tension and seething

In my winter wonderland

My winter wonderland

This fits really nicely into the tune for "My Favourite Things" from The Sound of Music.

Don't follow them anymore since I don't see them in the bible listed among the holidays he gives us in Leviticus 23 that he likes when we celebrate.

New Threads

Top Bottom