• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret making the wistful comment, "out loud."
I didn't realize it would be such provocative thought.

LOL...no, it's not particularly "provocative thought". You just ran into the reality and technicalities of design protocols you may not have been aware of. Nothing wrong with learning something new that might come in handy later, whether as a mod or an administrator. Assuming of course though, that you are apprised of or given formal access to such things.

There's a lot to it on the server side of things members never see. Not to mention proprietary functions of both the forum through Xenforo as well as whatever functions and services the host (server) may or may not offer to the domain owner. Both may accrue quite a lot of statistical data to those with permissive access or anyone willing to convey such information to those without that direct access.

Last edited:
Exactly. But the owner didn't bother.

Honestly, your attitude in this thread leaves a lot to be desired. I didn't bother because I didn't think it was a huge deal. It wasn't suppose to be at the top of the forum though and that was my fault. It has been moved to the bottom now.

Honestly, your attitude in this thread leaves a lot to be desired.

Explain this to us all.

I didn't bother because I didn't think it was a huge deal.

That's a fine attitude from a staff member.

As for my attitude? Really?

I ask about a topic and others reply to it.

I also state that you, the admin, did not bother to ask the members about it first.

Now you say it's your fault because you 'put it in the wrong place'.

It has been moved to the bottom now.

It's in the middle? :(

If anything, I would say it is your attitude and in particular, your attempting to make me out to be the bad guy that is questionable, not mine.

Last edited:
No one is at fault, neither should anyone consider this thread as some sort of conviction of anyone. This is about feedback. Website design is flexible, as are people.

Last edited:
No one is at fault, neither should anyone take this thread as some sort of conviction of one person or another. This is about feedback. Website design is flexible, as are people.
Agreed.

Overall, I find Brent been doing a good job maintaining this site for the 3 years I been a member here.

It common for many sites to have design change. However, during times people share concerns, Brent normally been good listening to people that have concerns and try to think of other possible solutions. The key thing when sharing a concern is doing it in a professional matter. This is how I handle things for my life and normally have great success using this type of approach.

That's a fine attitude from a staff member.

As for my attitude? Really?

I ask about a topic and others reply to it.

I also state that you, the admin, did not bother to ask the members about it first.

Now you say it's your fault because you 'put it in the wrong place'.

I already said I didn't bother because I didn't see it as a big deal. I didn't mean for it to be at the top of the page though.

It's in the middle? :(

It is below the forum list instead of on top of it.

Explain this to us all.

You came off rude and demanding to me. I am not required to run every change on the site through you or the member base. I am not trying to be mean when I say this but you implying that this should have been approved by you before being added is not a reality that exists.

Anything major that changes on the site the membership is always given a heads up when able to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom