• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

which Star Wars Trilogy do you like better?

which Trilogy do you like better

• original trilogy

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • prequel trilogy

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The original Star Wars trilogy was the only real trilogy in my opinion and the 1st movie was the best of all. The 2nd prequel trilogy was passable, but it didn't reclaim the original magic when they needed to do everything using physical models with many real stunts without the luxury of CGI effects that are actually also often much cheaper and faster to produce.

PS: Letting Disney have the franchise since then however was the worst thing they could have possibly done and I said this as soon as I saw the news about it. Disney are far too powerful and greedy hence why they're now saturating Star Wars into something that is no longer special. In fact it would have been better to close the franchise completely than this and let it claim permanent legendary status, even just keeping the original trilogy probably would have been the best of all. If they must have kept it going it should have been a new movie every 10 years that they spent a huge amount of time and effort making over a few years, instead they're now releasing them like they're nothing just to get as much money as possible.

Last edited:
The original Star Wars trilogy was the only real trilogy in my opinion and the 1st movie was the best of all. The 2nd prequel trilogy was passable, but it didn't reclaim the original magic when they needed to do everything using physical models with many real stunts without the luxury of CGI effects that are actually also often much cheaper and faster to produce.

PS: Letting Disney have the franchise since then however was the worst thing they could have possibly done and I said this as soon as I saw the news about it. Disney are far too powerful and greedy hence why they're now saturating Star Wars into something that is no longer special. In fact it would have been better to close the franchise completely than this and let it claim permanent legendary status, even just keeping the original trilogy probably would have been the best of all. If they must have kept it going it should have been a new movie every 10 years that they spent a huge amount of time and effort making over a few years, instead they're now releasing them like they're nothing just to get as much money as possible.

I don't get why Lucas didn't finish all 9 movies himself long before he got old and sick and had to sell his company to Disney. He should've had all 9 movies done over 20 years ago.

But I agree. Disney is gonna just milk this cash cow dry.

I’m going against the majority but in some ways I like the prequels the best,Revenge of the Sith is my favourite Star Wars movie but saying that I still like the original trilogy too,the one I dislike the most is the Disney Star Wars and when I heard years ago that George Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney I knew back then what Disney would do to the franchise.

Original trilogy. The first 1977 movie was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema!
More recent movies are way too hyped up and commercialized for my liking.

I like both but you know when you are born in the 90's , a movie like the original trilogy is kinda hard to watch.
I prefer the prequels but the original trilogy is better I think.
I don't get why Lucas didn't finish all 9 movies himself long before he got old and sick and had to sell his company to Disney. He should've had all 9 movies done over 20 years ago.

But I agree. Disney is gonna just milk this cash cow dry.

Didnt have the idea fast enough or enought budget to run on movie in 2 years or 3 I guess...

Even Lucas did some bad things with SW; but we all felt it was some guy concerned about his movies trying to do its best, not like the person in charge of SW atm, they just do their worst and dont care about it.

I stated earlier that I much prefer the original trilogy, but it's apparently very difficult to get these movies exactly as they were when they were first released without any changes or so called "enhancements" (I've quoted "enhancements", because whether it's actually truly an enhancement or not is an opinion). All 3 original movies were later officially re-released with major CGI "enhancements", but they were also tinkered with on a number of occasions over the years which means there's actually numerous slightly different versions. There's a number of fan copies that claim to be the true untouched originals and an original release was apparently supplied for a limited time in 2006 bundled with the 2004 special editions that is probably the closest, but sometimes even these have minor variations making it difficult to know which one is the true original theatrical version if in fact any are.

I don't know whether this article is 100% accurate regarding all the changes, but it gives people an idea about how much has been changed over the years:

List of changes in Star Wars re-releases

So when I said the original Star Wars trilogy was the only real trilogy, I mean the original untouched trilogy when they were first shown in the cinema which is something we are unlikely to truly experience ever again, but most definitely without so called "enhanced" CGI effects because this isn't the original and it undermines all the hard work they did with physical models and puppets which was incredible for the time.

Last edited:
Well I think I saw the real original when i was a kid with the VHS , or maybe they were some changes there to but it was some pretty old stuff

Ignore butt hurt fanboys who have been complaining about the prequels, mostly because of Jar Jar Binks for most of nigh on the last 20 years.

I quite liked the special editions of the original trilogy, particularly Episode IV, the Jabba the Hutt scene kind of explained a bit more of the Han Solo back story, even that bit where Han trod on Jabba's tail (apparently they couldn't avoid that, it was the way they did the CGI) but 41 years later people are still wondering who shot first in that Han/Greedo scene.

Now I think about it I have always that darth vader figure on my desk hehe. The toyz i still got are packed somewhere.

I was so little back then, before the prequel and even when the first episode of it I was realy a kiddo and I was more concerned about the toys and all of that :p

I had a dath maul costume aswell^^ So funny.

My favorite ship is the Ywing ( I also love boba fett' and emperor's ships) and when I saw how they did it in rogue one i felt i was a kid during that space battle scene, so awesome!

We should do a topic about " what is your favorite space ship" hehe.

I can't choose between them as I enjoyed both equally. There were certainly flaws but the overall aspects made up for them with me. I was never a hardcore fan though. They were just a visually stunning Sci-fi series to me.

Hmm, definitely prefer the Original Trilogy myself. The "Special Editions" were OK, some changes were good, some were not. As far as the prequels are concerned, the overall arc of the story was fantastic, the actual execution often lacking, especially the cringe-worthy romance scenes. I don't mind that sort of thing in movies (character development and all...), but at least do it right. I think Lucas was suffering by this time from the "needs an Editor" syndrome. I have to wonder if no one in the studio was able to stand up to him & say "George, this is dumb..."

As far as the new movies are concerned, I loved Rogue One (the space battle is fantastic, best in the franchise by far!), thought The Force Awakens a fun homage to Ep IV, and the Last Jedi passably entertaining. Thing about long running franchises is you're going to get good installments & bad installments. So far nothing that has been absolutely dreadful or unwatchable, but certainly things that could have been better...

I have not seen Solo yet...

Damon.

7 was fun and cool to see sw in "HQ" i would say, but a bit lacking already.
Rogue one has the most amazing space battle hell yeah 100%

But dude what they did with TLJ , come on xDDD.

Anyway, the press was praising TLJ, insulted people who gave their real and not paid opinion online, now the truth has been spoken and turns out that solo is a flop , they managed to do a flop with a SW movie about one of the main character haha.

And this is because TLJ didnt please the audience of people that actually go and see sw. So it was bad to be simple. ^^'

I think that the prequel trilogy and the Disney ones are better than no extra SW movies at all. They all at least have certain scenes that are pretty cool. Thankfully one can just watch those favorite clips.

I think that the prequel trilogy and the Disney ones are better than no extra SW movies at all. They all at least have certain scenes that are pretty cool. Thankfully one can just watch those favorite clips.

Yeah people would've complained all the more without the prequels and the new Disney-fied Star Wars movies, like I said, just ignore butt hurt Star Wars Beards who are currently complaining about Disney and their effect on the franchise, they all need to shut up IMO.

Like I said in my previous message, in any long running franchise there's going to be good installments & bad installments. And a lot that are just ok. Star Wars certainly has this. But OTOH there is a pretty rich universe that is either directly portrayed or implied (leaving out the EU materials here, though they do add as well), that I absolutely love! I love world building, sometimes more than the story or characters (when I was a kid I used to draw maps, with names of imaginary countries, oceans, rivers, etc). Also as an aside, the SW setting is great for sci-fi gaming like RPGs..

Yeah people would've complained all the more without the prequels and the new Disney-fied Star Wars movies, like I said, just ignore butt hurt Star Wars Beards who are currently complaining about Disney and their effect on the franchise, they all need to shut up IMO.
Eventually it will be all bad, Disney intend to release a new Star Wars movie every year for the foreseeable future, when this trilogy ends there will be another which is already planned, then there will be another and another until the majority of people will be sick and tired of Star Wars and it's no longer as profitable or they move onto something else that makes them even more money that they can ruin. Disney only care about 2 things and that is power and money which often go hand in hand. There's a really "nice" Grand Masonic lodge underneath Disneyland in Florida, I can't say any more because this isn't in the right section.

There's loads of amazing franchises that have been killed by saturation, I loved the first Police Academy movie and even the 2nd was pretty good, but the 3rd was just okay and the same old jokes were starting to become tiresome, but they were still going with Police Academy 6 when most people were sick of it, then there was even a Police Academy 7 which was called Mission to Moscow, but this still wasn't enough, they even also had to release a spin off TV series that most people have probably never watched because by then the franchise was virtually dead and it completely flopped. I watched 1 episode of the series and it was dreadful, they'd obviously completely run out of ideas because they were resorting to a story line that featured a pathetic incarnation of Count Dracula who was going around hypnotising police officers with his gaze, yes it's so bad it's actually quite funny, but the series itself wasn't and it was an insult to the original movie. Now it's been a good while there's been talk of bringing it back yet again with a reboot which I suppose might work for a new generation, but my point is saturation killed what was an excellent franchise. The reason why Star Wars remained so special for so long with so many fans was because they kept it to just 3 movies for such a long time, even the 2nd trilogy made Star Wars less special and unlike the original trilogy that were stunning they had mixed reviews. Yes some franchises can last for longer, but even franchises like James Bond have in my opinion been killed, especially after they'd run out of Ian Fleming books to base them upon. Look at classic James Bond movies like Diamonds are Forever (1971) and Live and Let Die (1973), then compare them to the very latest movies, I definitely know which ones I'd prefer.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom