• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

which Star Wars Trilogy do you like better?

which Trilogy do you like better

• original trilogy

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • prequel trilogy

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was always amused by one particular episode of "The Twilight Zone". Where a gang of thieves stole a huge cache of gold and then proceeded to hide it in a cave, where they all had the technological ability of suspended animation. The ultimate way to "lay low" and evade a crime. :cool:

Problem was, they didn't anticipate the future. Where technology allowed the artificial creation of gold and subsequently rendered it a valueless metal. :p

That's where this franchise is headed. A once precious commodity, now cranked out every six months. :oops:

A method for the studios to generate predictable revenue and little else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Problem was, they didn't anticipate the future. Where technology allowed the artificial creation of gold and subsequently rendered it a valueless metal.

Did you know that this very thing happened to aluminum? Before the Hall–Héroult process. Aluminum used to be more valuble then gold.

Eventually it will be all bad, Disney intend to release a new Star Wars movie every year for the foreseeable future, when this trilogy ends there will be another which is already planned, then there will be another and another until the majority of people will be sick and tired of Star Wars and it's no longer as profitable or they move onto something else that makes them even more money that they can ruin. Disney only care about 2 things and that is power and money which often go hand in hand. There's a really "nice" Grand Masonic lodge underneath Disneyland in Florida, I can't say any more because this isn't in the right section.

There's loads of amazing franchises that have been killed by saturation, I loved the first Police Academy movie and even the 2nd was pretty good, but the 3rd was just okay and the same old jokes were starting to become tiresome, but they were still going with Police Academy 6 when most people were sick of it, then there was even a Police Academy 7 which was called Mission to Moscow, but this still wasn't enough, they even also had to release a spin off TV series that most people have probably never watched because by then the franchise was virtually dead and it completely flopped. I watched 1 episode of the series and it was dreadful, they'd obviously completely run out of ideas because they were resorting to a story line that featured a pathetic incarnation of Count Dracula who was going around hypnotising police officers with his gaze, yes it's so bad it's actually quite funny, but the series itself wasn't and it was an insult to the original movie. Now it's been a good while there's been talk of bringing it back yet again with a reboot which I suppose might work for a new generation, but my point is saturation killed what was an excellent franchise. The reason why Star Wars remained so special for so long with so many fans was because they kept it to just 3 movies for such a long time, even the 2nd trilogy made Star Wars less special and unlike the original trilogy that were stunning they had mixed reviews. Yes some franchises can last for longer, but even franchises like James Bond have in my opinion been killed, especially after they'd run out of Ian Fleming books to base them upon. Look at classic James Bond movies like Diamonds are Forever (1971) and Live and Let Die (1973), then compare them to the very latest movies, I definitely know which ones I'd prefer.

Yeah, there were 6 movies starring the original Star Trek crew including the late Leonard Nimoy as Spock, a bit overkill IMO, especially considering that in the opinion of most of the fans, Star Trek 4 and 5 sucked.

I thought Trek 4 was great, but I can see how some people might not think that, depending on what their expectations for what a Trek movie would be. But I agree that 5 was awful & stupid.

I think the longevity of such franchises tends to depend heavily on the loyalty of hardcore fans. That if you lose that demographic, it's time to hang it all up.

Though even then there's the specter of studios making moderate, yet predictable revenues to keep a franchise going long past its prime. Disney no different. If they no longer see a consistent flow of cash from this franchise they probably will just cut it loose rather than try to put more lipstick on a pig.

Part of the problem too is special effects. They continue to improve, yet the quality of tired old story lines lags behind. A consistent issue with most any franchise or sequel, IMO. In effect the public continues to expect more, while in most cases the studios deliver less.

However keep in mind that if they make their quarterly revenues for their shareholders, what the moviegoers think matters much less. And in the case of Disney in particular, they've been limping along for years now in terms of shareholders equity. They generate minor dividends, but little in the way of profits in terms of the stock price. One that once used to value the potential of the Star Wars franchise, but not so much now.

Disney remains a relatively safe place to keep your investment capital, but just don't expect to make much off it in the process over time. And there are much better investments to be made in that regard.

My guess is that we'll continue to see a couple more films of this franchise, but no more than that. Then they'll probably look elsewhere to recycle some other worn out story that can generate those coveted, yet moderate predictable revenues. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My guess is that we'll continue to see a couple more films of this franchise, but no more than that. Then they'll probably look elsewhere to recycle some other worn out story that can generate those coveted, yet moderate predictable revenues. :rolleyes:
After Episode IX there is already plans for a brand new trilogy which will start filming in Scotland anytime now (they said next month on May 4th 2018). The new trilogy will be the first not to follow the exploits of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and co.

For more please see:

Star Wars new trilogy to begin filming in Scotland next month

Information on this new trilogy is confirmed on multiple sites, here's another:

New Star Wars trilogy 'to be filmed in Scotland' | HeraldScotland

As I said before unless Star Wars completely flops this won't be the end and Disney intend a new release every year for the foreseeable future so it's likely to be more than a couple with 4 more movies already planned including the last one out of the current trilogy, Episode IX that is due for release in December 2019.

Last edited:
As I said before unless Star Wars completely flops this won't be the end and Disney intend a new release every year for the foreseeable future so it's likely to be more than a couple with 4 more movies already planned including the last one out of the current trilogy, Episode IX that is due for release in December 2019.

I suppose the ultimate benchmark remains how well "Solo: A Star Wars Story" really does in terms of box office and merchandising and whether or not it is reflected in shareholder equity.

However for a large-cap publicly traded corporation they aren't doing so hot relative to the rest of the market, even with ownership of one of the top film franchises ever. I'm not saying the sky is falling for Disney, but something is wrong when they can't sell stock in their company. And unless such trends are reversed, when and how they might eventually impact the Star Wars franchise as well as other projects.

You'd think investors would flock to owning a piece of Star Wars. They actually did a few years ago. But it ain't happening now, even with the recent release of another installment of this famous franchise. I just find such trends disturbing.

Stock Technical Analysis: Analysis of DIS based on EMA, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Fibonacci, trends and gaps

Intense interest in Star Wars is inevitably declining somewhat, but not necessarily enough to outright kill the franchise. However whatever is happening in the parent company is another matter. The sort of thing that can potentially spill over into their film division, even if it is considered profitable. And Disney is certainly no exception in Hollywood to abruptly cancelling film projects planned or in production.

So much was lost when George Lucas opted to retire and relinquish control of his product to a publicly-traded corporation. Star Wars as a mere division in a huge horizontal conglomerate, has become vulnerable. Whether their future films are masterpieces or duds.

Last edited:
The original trilogy, especially before they added in all those rubbish CGI bits, the only reason I still have a VHS is so I can watch the old versions on tape. The prequels were terrible. Poor acting, shoddy and lazy special effects, so extremely aimed at children that even as a young teenager I found it irritating. Euan McGregor was the only good thing about them, he was a brilliant Obi-Wan.

I enjoyed the new Disney ones, probably because I watched them with such low expectations, and also because I decided before hand to not think of them as 'real' star wars but more as fanfiction, so I preemptively stopped myself from being annoyed with them messing up the now so called "legends" canon.

I love the original trilogy best, I really liked Rogue One also the prequels were good but not great, the force awakes was OK, not great, the last Jedi hurt, was just soo bad that I decided to wait for the video before I watch

New Threads

Top Bottom