• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where are you from?

That is so many places...I am not all that sure about where the shortened state names are, sorry...but why did you move to Germany and Iceland, to sturdy or?

They are abbreviations of US States. Like SC is South Carolina, MS is Mississippi. They were (as were Germany and Iceland) moves I made with the military. I did say I wanted to travel. :D

It is okay ^^ ...But yeah USA is huge compared to Denmark but I have traveled in huge countries before ...but thinking of it USA for me is like one big country with 51 small countries, because each state have is own charm so it would be like traveling in different countries right? Like Europe which is a lot of independant countries...I hope you know what I mean somehow :/ ?

The idea of 51 small countries is somewhat true. Every state is a little different. However, states within the same region are often very similar. France and Germany have a lot more differences than Georgia and South Carolina. When you travel to the US (I’m assuming you will at some point) I would suggest choosing places in different regions to explore.

I see lol well Nowegian then , because it is closer to danish than swedish...

I would usually compare Norwegian and Danish to British and American. Just because you know the words, doesn't mean that you can communicate clearly.

For instance, "rolig" means "peaceful" in Danish, but I heard it means "wild" or "fun" in Norwegian. I wonder if there are more words like that. There are words like that in British and American English.

Last edited:
Hmm okay I am not that aware of Castel Rock, but it sound spoky lol, when you say it like that...When I think of American costal towns I somehow think of "Murder she wrote" or "The Fog" and things like that , that it can be very beautiful but also quit scary and then everyone knows everybody lol?

More like quaint, quirky, intriguing and mysterious than scary.

They are abbreviations of US States. Like SC is South Carolina, MS is Mississippi. They were (as were Germany and Iceland) moves I made with the military. I did say I wanted to travel. :D

I know that it is shortnings of the different states it is just which states lol. Oh I see well it is a good opetunity to travel indeed :)

The idea of 51 small countries is somewhat true. Every state is a little different. However, states within the same region are often very similar. France and Germany have a lot more differences than Georgia and South Carolina. When you travel to the US (I’m assuming you will at some point) I would suggest choosing places in different regions to explore.

Well I kind of see the same things in Italy and France if you go to the country side I think they are somehow similar, and Germany and Austria are also much the same :) ...I will diffently visit places in differant regions indeed, I want to visit Florida, New Orleans, Texas, Carlifornia, so far...and I am visiting New York in 2020 as an ending on my Canada trip I just skip over the boarder lol...

I would usually compare Norwegian and Danish to British and American. Just because you know the words, doesn't mean that you can communicate clearly.

For instance, "rolig" means "peaceful" in Danish, but I heard it means "wild" or "fun" in Norwegian. I wonder if there are more words like that. There are words like that in British and American English.

Well I actually don't know, and well to me Norwegian is a mix of danish and swedish, I can read Norwegian because on paper it is a lot like danish, but when they speak to me they sound swedish lol...

San Diego, CA. I'm here for school (Majoring in Computer Engineering and Mathematics), and soaking in the local Artificial Intelligence community. I'm specializing in Cryptography.

Honestly, I would love to live in the EU (Latvia) and experience the wide variety of cultures. San Diego is a good place to visit, and to be honest I don't blame you for being hesitant in visiting us. Mexico is next door, and its always a blast to visit.

Los Angeles, California. It has it's pros and cons, but I want to live in the wilderness in Washington state with all of the Bigfoots. :)

Los Angeles, California. It has it's pros and cons, but I want to live in the wilderness in Washington state with all of the Bigfoots. :)

I've always wanted to live either Washington or Oregon and grow raspberries and various pomes.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to live either Washington or Oregon and grow raspberries and various pomes.
Wow I had to look up pome lol. Oregon has some nice places as well. Sometimes while surfing Zillow I just can't believe how affordable Oregon homes are right on the beach or ocean cliff. Yes, I surf zillow lol. Eastern Oregon is suppose to have the clearest night skies in the lower 48 according to the light pollution map: Light pollution map

Eastern Oregon is suppose to have the clearest night skies in the lower 48 according to the light pollution map: Light pollution map

Well, that narrows down my search! I love astronomy, and I always dreamed of having an orchard with a personal observatory. I used to be an arborist before I entered tech, and something about pruning trees is therapeutic.

I live in Northampton County, Pennsylvania. I have also lived in Ohio, Connecticut, and Florida. I love this state, because of all the natural beauty here; hills, mountains, lakes and valleys. There is skiing in the Pocono mountains, and boating in the lakes. We also have historic buildings as old as the 1700s, and Amish country as well.

I live in Northampton County, Pennsylvania. I have also lived in Ohio, Connecticut, and Florida. I love this state, because of all the natural beauty here; hills, mountains, lakes and valleys. There is skiing in the Pocono mountains, and boating in the lakes. We also have historic buildings as old as the 1700s, and Amish country as well.

I live in the same area as above, though I never met the above poster, didn't even know anyone was on here from where I live. It's a small world apparently.

Oh I love Sydney so much I was there in 2016
Did you go to the Slip Inn? (where Frederik met Mary).

I'm from London originally and now live in Leamington Spa in Warwickshire, having moved around a bit (see my introduction thread). The only time I have lived - well, studied - abroad was in Sweden and that was unfortunately a complete disaster. However my knowledge of Swedish came in handy when visiting Denmark, as well as spotting the occasional mistake in Nordic noir subtitles...

San Diego, CA. I'm here for school (Majoring in Computer Engineering and Mathematics), and soaking in the local Artificial Intelligence community. I'm specializing in Cryptography.

Honestly, I would love to live in the EU (Latvia) and experience the wide variety of cultures. San Diego is a good place to visit, and to be honest I don't blame you for being hesitant in visiting us. Mexico is next door, and its always a blast to visit.

I am actually also a little affraid to visit Mexico, we hear all sorts of bad things here with gun violence, drugs, kidnapping and things like that about Mexico, so is it safe to travel there?

Oh I would love to see some of the original old buildings in America...

Did you go to the Slip Inn? (where Frederik met Mary).

I'm from London originally and now live in Leamington Spa in Warwickshire, having moved around a bit (see my introduction thread). The only time I have lived - well, studied - abroad was in Sweden and that was unfortunately a complete disaster. However my knowledge of Swedish came in handy when visiting Denmark, as well as spotting the occasional mistake in Nordic noir subtitles...

No I didn't go to Slip Inn, I actually didn't know they met there lol...Why was it a complete disaster in Sweden?

I am actually also a little affraid to visit Mexico, we hear all sorts of bad things here with gun violence, drugs, kidnapping and things like that about Mexico, so is it safe to travel there?

It's safe to travel there. A friend of mine went there for two months and just wandered around. I'm also a frequent visitor, but I sometimes avoid the tourist towns like Tijuana (TJ) unless I want to search for a really awesome food truck and I go deeper in. The people in Mexico are wonderful. I highly recommend visiting.

New Threads

Top Bottom