• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When you started talking

Dirtdigger

V.I.P Member
I'm wondering about something. Does a Autistic person remember when he or she started talking? I can go back to only around 6 years old when I can remember saying my first words. But with both parents who passed on a lot of years ago and relatives who isn't old enough I couldn't get any answers. I do remember how I was obsessed with certain toys and will never forget when I accidently broke a dresser mirror and crying my eyes out when I was barely out of diapers. I was 7 years old before I was able to stay in school because the psychiatrist diagnosed me as being retarded. So I was taken out of school for the first year. I remember also acting like a child with all of the symptoms of Autism including not sitting still in class.

:spin:

Well according to my baby's firsts journal 8 mo old. My memory only goes back to 3 yrs old though.
For me I never had problems academically just socially.

18 months.

I remember the place where we lived from I was 1 to 5, but am unsure about the exact age in each memory. My mother confirms that I was three in at least some of them, though.

My mom says I didn't have a speech delay, so I guess I started talking around whenever is normal. My memory goes back to age 2 1/2. I don't remember a lot of what I said (then again I didn't talk much), but I remember a lot of what I thought.
It's funny that the rest of my family is NT but I think my brothers and dad had speech delays...
Edit: I typed N T but it posted as Neurotypical... is abbreviating offensive or something?

New Threads

Top Bottom