• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Haven't been able to sleep all night even though I've tried to and yet I still feel the need to be alert.

if you can alter it add as many pictures as possible and make a memory palace it's hilarious as you take a word or sentence and form a picture that's funny !so you can remember it ,the palace part apparently helps as you have rooms to help to you remember put posting(mailing)things in the study or living room,plumbing in the bathroom for instance

Well, Im working in the last details of the power point rpesentation. I wrote a resume of all the things I have to explain, most of the resume was written from my mind and what I know I did, what the results mean, etc. A couple of ideas directly based on the written thesis. It was not a resume I copied from my thesis but I wrote from the whole experience based on the thesis, idk how to explain it.

Anyway, in this resume or script I divided the presentation and paragraphs in every slide, added the correspondent slide and wrote the explanation under it. So the idea of the script is first to practice and not only read, 2nd, having some guide of what's next on the presentation. When I'm nervous, even when I know what I did I sometimes got stuck on a word or I forget a concept, or just forget what's next.

Anyway, 18 pages of script for 28 slides and 105pages of written thesis. In all my years in university I think I never put so much work in a presentation.

Well, just as an update. My thesis was approved and I'm oficially an engineer, just some form corrections to the written document but I will finally graduate:)

I heard a noise, some sort of clatter, and I can't figure out what it is. Probably the wind, but it's triggered some anxiety and panic. This is why I don't think I could live alone; if someone else were here I could take cues from their emotion, staying calm because they're calm. But I'm alone right now. At least the cats are calm, that must be a good sign.

My sister suddenly and loudly announced from her room that she was going to die. As it turns out, she was just playing D&D over Discord.

My uncle, who is a paraplegic, fell and broke his hip. I feel so bad for him and his family.
He was supposed to get surgery tonight, but now it's postponed until tomorrow morning. I'm honestly not okay with this for a few reasons:

1. He's in the HOSPITAL, meaning that there's a chance he might contract COVID there and it might kill him.

2. He's paraplegic, and has been that way for 5 1/2 years since he stroked out, and fell down the stairs soon after.

3. He was VERY accident-prone and unlucky his whole life, and has always been that way since the day he was born. He has eczema, and was once seriously injured by a rolling log.

Even though his wife (also my aunt) is okay with this, I am not. I don't want him to die, and the fact that they postponed the surgery is very much a kick in the privates. I'm going to cry now.

(Runs off sobbing)

He was supposed to get surgery tonight, but now it's postponed until tomorrow morning. I'm honestly not okay with this for a few reasons:

1. He's in the HOSPITAL, meaning that there's a chance he might contract COVID there and it might kill him.

2. He's paraplegic, and has been that way for 5 1/2 years since he stroked out, and fell down the stairs soon after.

3. He was VERY accident-prone and unlucky his whole life, and has always been that way since the day he was born. He has eczema, and was once seriously injured by a rolling log.

Even though his wife (also my aunt) is okay with this, I am not. I don't want him to die, and the fact that they postponed the surgery is very much a kick in the privates. I'm going to cry now.

(Runs off sobbing)
I wish I were able to give you a hug rn.

Apparently it´ll cost over $2,500 to fix everything that´s wrong with my car, and over $1,500 just for the urgent stuff. Thankfully we can afford it, but I feel so awful that my mom has to help pay for this, because that´s less money she has to get herself a new car. Today has just been awful, and I really need a hug before I start crying again.

Yesterday my mom accidentally poked me in the eye because she was trying to adjust the hood of my jacket when I put it on because apparently I don't have the sense to do it myself, and I kind of freaked and yelled "DID YOU JUST POKE IN THE EYE?!" I said was sorry afterwards, though.

What is it with people who feel the need to adjust your clothing without even asking and acting as if you're a mentally deficient child, and they give you anxiety and irritation? I once even had a total stranger come up to me to adjust the collar of my coat, because part of it was stuck under my purse strap.

It feels like my interests come and go every once in a while. For example, I haven't studied Japanese at all this weekend (I am learning for free with a Japanese dictionary app), and haven't touched my guitar in five days.

I guess my mind is more focused on Pokemon, because I am getting close to finishing my trade box in Pokemon Home full of shiny Pokemon and legendaries I got from Dynamax adventures so I can increase my chance of getting the remaining Pokemon I need (only five, which is one legendary and four mythicals).

My mom did warn me about hacked Pokemon (only because I told her about it earlier this year), and thinks I could get the rest myself (not exactly how mythicals work, though), but I will heed her advice and only trade with close friends, and have been checking for hacks since then.

Moving on, my uncle is doing a LOT better, is pleased with the gift I gave him, and is making a fast recovery. I guess thinking about my uncle is also the reason I have been slacking off on my hobbies lately. After all, family is really important to me. I spoke to my therapist a couple days ago regarding this, and it really helped.

But, some days I ramble on the same subjects over and over, like I am now, and even I find it tiresome. I sometimes fear that I could lose friends over it, but then again, it is somewhat normal for people like myself. I don't mind being myself overall, even if I get judged for it by random strangers, in which case, I try to improve myself

TL;DR So much was on my mind this weekend, and it kept me from my interests for a while. And also some random stuff that made me feel weird saying.

Telling a forum member not to pretend to be neurotypical,but I'm sick of trying to help people so I didn't bother

I am thinking I want some movie watching buddies - to watch movies and discuss them around bowls of popcorn.

COVID is making this kinda tough.

New Threads

Top Bottom