• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

...when the temperature is around 20 to 30 degrees or more, degrees F, the snow is relatively quiet when you walk on it; in the 0 to 20 degree range, degrees F, you get a "crunch,crunch" sound; and when the temperature drops below zero, you get that "squeak, squeak" sound.
END QUOTE
Source Squeaky Snow

Snow's been squeaky underfoot here for over a week.
Maybe it will get warm enough to be quiet next week.

Either I go back to work tomorrow night, or I don't. I'm fine with either option, but I won't know until tomorrow, so I can't really plan what to do tomorrow. The uncertainty and inability to plan is causing a bit of anxiety...

Lost filling, 6am, today.
Called dentist, left message.

Have appt for this afternoon.

Last edited:
Just the fact that lately, I have been disinterested. I try to engage in my hobbies, but my mind always seem to drift off elsewhere. I need to talk to my therapist tomorrow about this.

SWM ISO: pagan fem person w/ poss facial scars for LTR. Seeking working artist, tempermental pref. Skill at light arms req'd : shield and spear, slingstones, mace or hammer, axe(s),fighting knives,etc. Tattoos, scars,dredlocks encouraged. Must own workboots. Rider pref, plz bring own saddle and horse or war ponies,extra saddles and tack available on site. Skill at witchcraft req'd, non negotiable, as house is haunted, and at edge of Blight. Must enjoy cooking outdoors over open fire. Please send picture of horse.
Umm wat

Just voted for the Rock Hall candidates for 2021. I chose them based on my interests in the nominees as well as talent.

I picked:

Iron Maiden
Tina Turner
The Go-Gos
Foo Fighters
LL Cool J

I wish these artists luck, and the ballot allows me to pick five more daily, so I may vote again.

I just want to focus on myself and stop comparing myself to others. I don't want to need anyone, i want to be self reliant. I am disgusted by my own feelings.

I just want to focus on myself and stop comparing myself to others. I don't want to need anyone, i want to be self reliant. I am disgusted by my own feelings.

Just thought I'd comment that there's a difference between "being self reliant" and being completely alone/isolated. The saying "no man is an island" is true for a reason. Everybody needs other people to a certain extent. Hopefully supportive people who understand us, at least partially. Being too cut off from other people is considered pathological for a reason. It's not healthy for anyone. However, how much contact with other people a person needs is very individual. And the way society judges other people based on how much interaction or support they need is not a good thing.

I'm just saying this from my own experiences as a child abuse survivor who was way too independent in many ways, at way too early an age, because she couldn't rely on other people to provide her needs, and therefore didn't trust hardly anybody for way too long, and didn't know how to accept help when it was appropriate and offered. I keep marvelling at how much things have changed over the years, and at how it's even possible for the person I was in high school and the person I am now to be the same physical being!

Just thought I'd comment that there's a difference between "being self reliant" and being completely alone/isolated. The saying "no man is an island" is true for a reason. Everybody needs other people to a certain extent. Hopefully supportive people who understand us, at least partially. Being too cut off from other people is considered pathological for a reason. It's not healthy for anyone. However, how much contact with other people a person needs is very individual. And the way society judges other people based on how much interaction or support they need is not a good thing.

I'm just saying this from my own experiences as a child abuse survivor who was way too independent in many ways, at way too early an age, because she couldn't rely on other people to provide her needs, and therefore didn't trust hardly anybody for way too long, and didn't know how to accept help when it was appropriate and offered. I keep marvelling at how much things have changed over the years, and at how it's even possible for the person I was in high school and the person I am now to be the same physical being!

I agree, being completely isolated is unhealthy for everyone. But it can be hard for some people to get sufficient support in their lives so they will have to manage on their own.
I guess that is why social services exist, but it's not developed well in every country.
I used to want to marry just bc i was scared i would die alone, but i am trying to change myself so i can feel secure alone.

Having to interact with someone I barely know (and can hardly understand), more car problems, money problems related to the car problems, and a baby who would apparently rather scream at the top of her lungs for an hour instead of going to sleep. And she's in my room (she naps in my bed while she's here) so I can't really escape into my room.

And my friend is talking to me, and my mom is talking to me at the same time, and I really need to crawl into a corner, hide under my blanket, hold my plushies close, and scream for a bit. But I can't, and I don't know how soon I'll be able to.

Ugh...

I've been doing some positive self talk lately. If nothing went my way, I would say in my head what went wrong, and follow it with either "...and that's okay" or "I can get through this." My therapist and imaginary BF taught me this, and it has been helpful.

I really hate shutting down from stress and frustration and going nonverbal in front of my friend. He's understanding and caring, but I still feel like crap about it.

My therapist has told me that I shouldn't feel like a burden, because when he's having problems and I'm there for him, I don't think of him as a burden (though I do feel awkward because I don't usually know what to say).

I'm starting to feel a little anxious. My graduation project defense (presentation) is this friday, march 19th. My written thesis is about 105 pages, I know my work but having to present it in from of 4 professors; 2 of them with a PhD. and one of them being the one who designed the module I had to analize just makes me stressed, and I just started to feel this way today, there are only 4 days left :confused:

Apparently I'm now eligible to get the COVID vaccine, but the closest clinics that do it are over an hour's drive away. I'll need to get some work done on my car first, so looks like I'll be waiting a couple more weeks, at least.

I'm starting to feel a little anxious. My graduation project defense (presentation) is this friday, march 19th. My written thesis is about 105 pages, I know my work but having to present it in from of 4 professors; 2 of them with a PhD. and one of them being the one who designed the module I had to analize just makes me stressed, and I just started to feel this way today, there are only 4 days left :confused:
if you can alter it add as many pictures as possible and make a memory palace it's hilarious as you take a word or sentence and form a picture that's funny !so you can remember it ,the palace part apparently helps as you have rooms to help to you remember put posting(mailing)things in the study or living room,plumbing in the bathroom for instance

New Threads

Top Bottom