1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GrownupGirl, Dec 27, 2018.

1. mummifiedcircuitry

mummifiedcircuitry passes for human

I got into an argument with one of my sisters on Xmas Eve and didn't speak to her during Xmas dinner. We haven't talked since. She only flies home twice a year. I'm annoyed.

I'm concerned that ppl don't notice how quiet I am when I am at group social events. I usually prefer to be out in groups no bigger than 4, 2 is ideal.

I'm waiting to learn if I have apd since I have trouble following verbal instructions and responses in different settings.

I'm thinking about how to master financial independence after my parents pass away and what will happen to my son, who has developmental delay, after I pass away.

I usually stave this all off by trying to befriend and counsel ppl online. Thanks for reading this. Merry Xmas

2. GrownupGirl

GrownupGirl Tempermental Artist

I've been watching a lot of videos of guinea pigs the past few days because I like guinea pigs and they are so cute.:hearteyes: But then I have really weird dreams about them. Last night I dreamed that my mother and I were at a store that was like a convenience store, but I somehow get a bunch of guinea pigs. I remember looking for snacks and stuff too, but didn't really see anything I liked. Some of them were very tiny, about the size of a bean. Then I'm on a bus waiting to get the piggies home, but I don't have a box or anything to keep them in, so I'm either trying to hold on to them or searching the bus for the ones that have run off somewhere. And, as usual in my dreams, the bus takes what feels like hours to even leave, and when it finally does it just barely gets close to my destination.

3. GrownupGirl

GrownupGirl Tempermental Artist

I still remember how the whole world was in hysterics over Y2K, when computers were supposed to suddenly "think" it was 1900 and destroy the Earth. And then the world was supposed was supposed to end on December 12. 2012 because that's what the Mayan calendar "predicted". And don't get me started on the Zombie Apocalypse.

So why did so many people panic and freak and make doomsday preps over such ridiculous things, but someone mentions climate change and they say horrible things to that person and want their head on a stake?:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Markness

Markness Well-Known Member

I think it’s ridiculous how I get the “incel” tag. Unlike the majority of incels, I don’t think women are destroying men’s rights (I live in a majority Christian area and who are the ones generally succeeding socially? Straight Christian men are and if you aren’t straight or a Christian, you are considered a “nerd”, “geek”, “loser”, “weirdo”, or even “gay” even if you are straight), I don’t see people like Gavin McInnes or Milo Yiannopoulos as allies but deluded morons, and I am not religious.