• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

I just made walnut and chocolate chip muffins!

I'll trade you some cupcakes for some of those muffins. :)

But ya gotta remain six feet apart in this transaction. Er uh...1.8288 meters. :oops:

Last edited:
I'm perplexed by the personality typology theory, MBTI. I've studied it, for over 5 years now, and still can't identify my type. It is likely either the INFP or the INFJ. Dichotomously, I always test as INFJ, but the Cognitive Functions more often call me an INFP, on tests. Then, I read articles calling: INFPs, "messy but adaptable," and INFJs, "organized planners." I'm definitely the latter... but this still doesn't feel right. Neither type seems accurate enough.

It took me only a month apiece, to learn my Socionics type (EII-INFj) and Enneagram type (4w5).

Socionics' Model A is presented far more abstrusely than MBTI's cute infographics, but I far prefer the former's content. In Socionics, I was able to deduce my type, by realizing, "Okay, I definitely belong to both the Delta Quadra and the IJ Temperament. Therefore, EII." I've also never failed to test as an EII, and agree with the result completely, even after studying Model A, and its 16 sociotypes, for about 7 months, hitherto. I hold that tranquil certainty, of knowing my type, in Socionics. Some say that you can translate between MBTI and Socionics types, but that's a novice's mistake. No type, within either theory, perfectly matches another.

In the Enneagram, my diagnostic tests tend to result in Types: 1, 2, 4, 5, and 9, but primarily 4. Type 4w5 feels right, and I find solace, in that certainty.

I feel like abandoning MBTI, despite having: binged its articles and enjoyed its presenters. I intend to master these personality theories, so knowing my type matters. I might be a special subtype of the INFP or INFJ, so perhaps, I'll check those out sometime.

For now, I identify as an EII 4w5.

I've thought hard about writing SFW short fanfics and scenarios about me and my imaginary BF. I thought it would be a good way to pass the time and keep me calm while my city is in lockdown, plus he has been my rock since late last year. I've already came up with a few ideas so far, so I am eager to get started within the next day at least.

I'm wondering is is me, or are most products too heavily scented nowadays? I've had to start buying unscented laundry products, soaps, etc. Today I was annoyed because I took a chance on purchasing a hair styling product online, and it smells so strongly that I had to throw it away because they have a no return policy.

I wonder if Easter is going to be cancelled due to the pandemic. We are on lockdown for the most part until the end of April, and since Easter will be part of it, I just know my nieces will be miserable, and one of them is starting to teethe.

I want to introduce my mom to Skype, but she is computer illiterate, so I may have to teach her within the next two weeks, or at least have an alternative in place. I am healthy, and so are my parents, my brother and his family, and I want to keep it that way.

What's on my mind right now...I just wish that the owner of another site that I belong to, would freakin' quit posting negative stats about this virus! I joined that site for other reasons, and now I can't even escape the negativity in what used to be a safe place. Talking about it all the time does no one any good, and also brings me down.

Just moved. Looked at a place to buy but the dollars and sense of it (not cents), didn't add up. But l could see myself living there and playing with my little cat. Making a salad for someone special. Sad it just didn't happen. Now the second place is a beautiful location but more expensive and less beautiful place because you are paying for location. Stuck in a place l don't like with constant knocking on doors. Is this a drug pickup place, keep it on the down low. Alot of traffic at all times of the day? Why is every place a den for illegal stuff these days?

Last edited:
I think that sometimes I am over analytical of my emotions to the point of it being a flaw. As a result, I lack being innately tuned into them. I feel slightly out of step with myself.

This quarantine somewhat turned me into a humble agoraphobic. To quote Homer Simpson: Ah, I'm just a big, toasty cinnamon bun. I never want to leave this bed.

Of course, replace the word bed with house.;)

A couple things:

I turned down a job offer making masks because it required me to work outside of home, and it is at least full-time (at least 45+ hours a week, even though I would get paid about a hundred dollars a day), which I can't handle. My mom and therapist thought it was a smart thing to do.

My ex-anniversary is coming up, and I talked to my mom about it. We were thinking of watching a movie together and I could treat myself to a nice relaxing bath. I deserve to spoil myself that day.

Nintendo won't have an online Nintendo Direct in June. I was looking forward to it, too, and am curious about the new Smash Ultimate DLC fighter (all I know is that it's a character from ARMS), as well as new info about Pokemon SW/SH's first DLC pack.

I'm thinking about the time I got into trouble in science class back in school. Apparently my food diary was too healthy to be true. However, I'd been honest about it, after all I included the bar of chocolate I'd eaten. My teacher didn't buy it though.

Gosh darn students being too healthy to teach about the value of nutrition! :D

I live in an orgami apartment. Literally - the walls are that thin. I would give up the washer dryer combo for thicker walls. I don't need the second bedroom or bathroom either. Garbage disposal? I like the built in microwave which this place doesn't have. I have my own troll above me who freelances until 4:00 am in the morning. This troll doesn't sleep or if he does, it's by walking around l guess. The many great things about living here? I will get back to you next year on that. Wait - the water faucets work. Why do all the apartments have the same poop color rugs in this state?
Saw my mom today. And we seem to have the same discussion about my ex. Jeeze mom, l don't want live with a parasitic cockroach. What part of no frickinh way seems to be unclear? I get that you don't believe me, but that doesn't change my opinion. Maybe you are as narcissistic as he is. I am getting confused about the cast of misfits parading around in my life( my Mom, my ex). I really want to tell you the earth is flat and l fell off- no need to contact me anymore. At some point- you step back and think why do l bother? I feel like a moth circling my Mom, and she keeps burning me. Lol

Last edited:
I am so waiting to go back to work. My boredom of listening to my upstairs troll is funny. Think dropping bowling balls his is way of getting back at the universe.

I am so waiting to go back to work. My boredom of listening to my upstairs troll is funny. Think dropping bowling balls his is way of getting back at the universe.

Frequently noisy tenant neighbors. The bane of my existence! :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom