• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What were/are your favorite shows from the 90's?

The Animals of Farthing Wood was a great series to watch growing up. It concerns animals that are forced to leave their home for a White Deer Park, many miles away. They face a very dangerous journey.

Some scenes were a bit distressing for kids, however.

Lady Chatterley - Ken Russell adaptation of DH Lawrence's novel, starring Joely Richardson in the title role and Sean Bean as Oliver Mellors.

There was a British sitcom called "Keeping Up Appearances" on tv here in the 1990s, that was a funny show. The woman playing the lead role was hilarious sometimes.

There was a British sitcom called "Keeping Up Appearances" on tv here in the 1990s, that was a funny show. The woman playing the lead role was hilarious sometimes.
This was a fun show. Richard & Hyacinth Bucket...Basically a parody of all things nouveau-riche and suburban.

Scratchy and Co - This been a CITV Saturday morning program that would host other cartoons/shows:
The quality here isn't great, so apologies there:

Tricky - This would be playing on CBBC on Saturday morning:

I remember really liking Daria and My So Called Life. Alternative Nation, Headbanger's Ball, and 120 Minutes were favorites too.

Something I found myself unexpectedly liking was an animated series called Hurricanes - which played on CITV after I came home from school.
To quote Wikipedia, "The series focused on a fictional football team headed by the heiress of the teams' legacy, Amanda Carey, and their coach, Jock Stone. During the series, the Hurricanes football team would either be battling a renegade football club, the Gorgons, managed by Stavros Garkos, for pitch supremacy, or having wild, unpredictable adventures off the field in exotic world touring locations."

I found it weird that I enjoyed it since Football (or Soccer to you guys in the USA) is something I couldn't stand, yet the show kept me invested. It probably helped that the show's opening theme song sounded awesome:

Additionally, the show would immediately followed by Fun House - a game show that I also enjoyed watching at the time and had a great opening theme song:

Around 1980, I read "Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television" by Jerry Mander. They were all excellent. It saved me an enormous amount of time, and considerable money. I have never owned a TV.

Doug
Angry Beavers
Rocko’s Modern Life
Sailor Moon
Original Power Rangers
Are You Afraid of the Dark
All That
Figure It Out
Wild and Crazy Kids
Rugrats
Dexter’s Lab
Animaniacs
Pokémon/Digimon
Wild Thornberrys
Mystery Files of Shelby Woo
Space Cases (short-lived Sci-fi show on Nickelodeon)
Full House
Recess
Hey Arnold
Kenan and Kel
Someone just gave me an award on my post (thanks!!) , which I’ve forgotten about till now. Looking back on this, I don’t know how “Legends of the Hidden Temple” didn’t originally make my list, too, so adding that.

When I was young I liked That 70's show. I think it's kind of stupid now though. But when I was young I liked it and the outfits they wore.

I am a 90's kid, And the 90's will always have a special place with me for the rest of my life. The kid shows back then were awesome in my opinion. All That(With Kenan And Kel), Kablam, Hey Arnold!, Ahh! Real Monsters, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Fresh Prince Of Bell Air. Scooby Doo was a gem too. Johnny Bravo. I did watch Spongebob during the early and mid 2000's.

And to be honest, I don't pay any attention to any kid shows today. I actually don't watch T.V that much at all.
My favourite shows of the 90s were my little pony, rugrats, raggy dolls, captain planet, johnson and friends, minty, Alex mack, are you afraid of the dark?, touched by an angel, buffy the vampire slayer, friends, round the twist, playschool, Mr sguiggle, powerpuff girls, johnny bravo, Dexter's laboratory and probably others.

New Threads

Top Bottom