• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What were/are your favorite shows from the 90's?

Swat Kats, The Pirates of Dark Water, Captain Planet, Eek! The Cat and The Terrible Thunder Lizards, Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Beavis and Butthead, The Simpsons, Batman, X-Men, TMNT, Tiny Toon Adventures, Freakazoid!, and Beast Wars I liked the most when it came to cartoons.

I liked most of the Nicktoons as well as the Cartoon Cartoons as well.

For live-action, I enjoyed Dinosaurs, Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers, All That, Kenan & Kel, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and there’s probably more I can’t think of right now.

I don’t care for Steven Universe or any of the other cartoons that essentially use its animation style like Thundercats Roar, She-Ra, and Magical Girl Friendship Squad. The most recent cartoons I’ve seen that I actually enjoyed are Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous and Castlevania. The former had a good clean fun tone and the latter is what I want more of from American animation, not more Steven Universe clones. I also wish the Swat Kats revival would finally air and I want a revival to The Pirates of Dark Water.

Last edited:
All Nicktoons and Cartoon Network originals
Every Nickelodeon game show
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Teletubbies
Frasier
The Critic
Pokemon Kanto series
Seinfeld
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Beavis and Butthead
Both Sonic series
Super Mario Bros
Blue's Clues
Little Bear
Skinnamarink TV
Little Star
The Mr. Men Show
Eek! The Cat
The Three Friends and Jerry

The shows I loved as a kid were Kimba and Ikkyu San.

Hmm.. you're only the second person I've ever heard mention Kimba. Assuming you mean Kimba the White Lion. I had never heard of it, but an autistic friend of mine was in love with it. I've never heard of anybody else who's known about ut, though I'm told it was popular in its time.

I find it so interesting most people are responding with cartoons, even though that wasn't specified in the original question.

The first things that come to my mind in response are Dark Angel and Mutant X. And Law & Order, and Law & Order SVU. (Thpugh Mutant X may have been into early 2000s). Funny I don't think of earlier 90s much here. But then that may well have been before we got cable, so there wasn't much on when there were only 3 channels.

Oh! What about E.N.G or The Littlest Hobo? Although Hobo might've been 80s. I'm having a hard time placing the time period in context with anything, sorry.

Anybody remember CBC's The Odyssey?

There were a lot of great shows in the 90's. Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf, Nightmare Cafe, Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, The Tick, Spider-Man, The Flash, Tiny Tunes, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Ren & Stimpy, The Critic, Family Dog, Eerie Indiana, X-Files, Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Liquid Television, Sliders, Dinosaurs, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, The Simpsons, Home Improvement, Dexter's Laboratory, Frasier, Quantum Leap, Married With Children, Hercules, Xena, Highlander, American Gothic, TaleSpin, The Outer Limits, Forever Knight, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Mad TV, Wings, Mr. Show, The Drew Carey Show, Lois & Clark, Babylon 5, Spin City, Lexx,

I was a 90's teenager. :smile: Favourite shows were:
Friends
Frasier
Seinfeld
My So-Called Life
Party of Five
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Simpsons
Charmed
Touched by an Angel
Beverly Hills 90210
The Nanny
Blossom
3rd Rock from the Sun
Star Trek
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Home Improvement
Family Matters

In the 1990s, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the show to sit down on the couch, and watch. But I wasn't even really able to get too into Angel.

X-Files
Simpsons
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Sopranos (1999-)
South Park (1997-)
The Outer Limits
Beavis and Butthead
Futurama (1999-)
King of the Hill

And many more...

New Threads

Top Bottom