• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What were/are your favorite shows from the 90's?

Charles Vane

I am a 90's kid, And the 90's will always have a special place with me for the rest of my life. The kid shows back then were awesome in my opinion. All That(With Kenan And Kel), Kablam, Hey Arnold!, Ahh! Real Monsters, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Fresh Prince Of Bell Air. Scooby Doo was a gem too. Johnny Bravo. I did watch Spongebob during the early and mid 2000's.

And to be honest, I don't pay any attention to any kid shows today. I actually don't watch T.V that much at all.

Sorry! I am an 80's kid. the cartoons I watch were.

GI Joe
He-Man
Transformers
Thundercats
TMNT

Oh! and by the way. MTV was MTV and actually played music videos back then.

Batman the animated series.
Spiderman
Superman
Dexter
Swat Cats
Dragonball Z 90s was the best version.
Animanics
Gundam
X-Men
Darkwing Duck
DuckTales 90s version.
Pretty much anything on FoxKids.

Sorry! I am an 80's kid. the cartoons I watch were.

GI Joe
He-Man
Transformers
Thundercats
TMNT

Oh! and by the way. MTV was MTV and actually played music videos back then.
Come to think of it, Beast Wars was very similar to Transformers. My cousin had a collection of the old Transformers from the 80's. And I know the Hee-Man action figures are starting to gain some value. MTV is full of nonsensical garbage now.

Oops I m a late 50s and 60s kid. Black and white telly. The flowerpot men and their friend Loobyloo the daisy. Pinky and Perky the puppet pigs who sang with speeded up voices. Noggin the Nog he was like a medieval chess piece. A viking maybe. Noddy in his car, he was a little guy with a hat with a bell on it. Enough already? But yes probably we always recall those first characters.

I am a 90's kid, And the 90's will always have a special place with me for the rest of my life. The kid shows back then were awesome in my opinion. All That(With Kenan And Kel), Kablam, Hey Arnold!, Ahh! Real Monsters, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Fresh Prince Of Bell Air. Scooby Doo was a gem too. Johnny Bravo. I did watch Spongebob during the early and mid 2000's.

And to be honest, I don't pay any attention to any kid shows today. I actually don't watch T.V that much at all.

Batman the animated series, Buffy, Simpson’s(( back when they were good)), hey Arnold, dexters lab, rugrats, mummies alive, gummibears (although it’s late 80s I watched it first in the 90s as a very small kid), boy meets world, Johnny bravo, gargoyles, quite a lot of Disney animated shows like Hercules and Aladdin, and I can’t remember if it’s late 90s or 2000s but I loved justice league.

Underdog who could save the world voiced by Wally Cox. He was a underdog and l felt acceptance with him. Like l might be a strange goofy person but l too could be helpful and a good person. He made an impression on a little girl and l am thankful to him. l like the Russian cartoon characters - Natasha and something else. They seemed exotic to me as a tiny kid. Oops. 1990 shows ? omg, l am too old. But l do like Sponge Bob, my daughter loved that. My brother loved Speed Racer. l love the theme song of that show.

Last edited:
Kenan and Kel was my #1 favorite. Seen every episode multiple times.

Some others were:

Doug (and the other 3 shows that were in the Nicktoons block at the time)
Clarissa Explains It All
The X-Files
Buffy (at least I think that was on in the 90s)
Kablam
Transformers (the Beast Wars one, I'm pretty sure it was)
All That
Pretty much all the Looney Tunes stuff
The Simpsons
Aladdin
Friday the 13th: The Series (which was my first real introduction to horror stuff, and it was great. I'll always remember the woodchipper episode). Though this show is older than I realized, I didnt find it until I was in highschool.

And then eventually the anime block on Sci-fi. Boy did that ever have an effect on me. Part of why I dont watch much anime these days is because I tend to compare newer shows to the older stuff and find it very lacking by comparison.

Oh, and cant forget the OLD shows. I've been a huge fan of I Love Lucy since... ever. Nick at Nite used to air that. Along with other things like The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and so on. I've seen all of those about 5 bazillion times. And they aged wonderfully. Nickelodeon in general was just such a darned great channel back then.

But it's not just anime that is lacking nowadays, that also goes for TV in general I suppose. Shows got shorter, commercials got more frequent, quality of the shows dropped like a rock. Very, very rarely do I find anything worth watching now. The main one I know is Bob's Burgers, which I really like.

These days TV has been absolutely replaced by Youtube. Since ANYONE can make videos on there, the awesomeness just never stops. Some seriously amazing things on there. Granted you have to sorta sift through 5 bazillion things to find stuff that is relevant to your interests, but still.

Cyber-6, Sailor Moon, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Hey Arnold!, Charmed, The Addams Family, Buffy, Freaky Stories, X-Files, and Goosebumps.
I still watch a lot of these on a regular basis for that sweet childhood nostalgia.

Doug
Angry Beavers
Rocko’s Modern Life
Sailor Moon
Original Power Rangers
Are You Afraid of the Dark
All That
Figure It Out
Wild and Crazy Kids
Rugrats
Dexter’s Lab
Animaniacs
Pokémon/Digimon
Wild Thornberrys
Mystery Files of Shelby Woo
Space Cases (short-lived Sci-fi show on Nickelodeon)
Full House
Recess
Hey Arnold
Kenan and Kel

This thread brings back lots of memories. It's weird how you'll forget the shows and the names, but once someone mentions it, it comes back to you.

For the 90s (and close enough) I'll add:
Inspector Gadget
Bill Nye the Science Guy
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
Undergrads
Futurama

Futurama I really love in that there's tons of parodies and easter eggs - if you recognize the reference.
In the comics, some of them go decades back, like I Love Lucy (#2) and I Dream of Jeannie (#24) and so can be easy to miss for someone who isn't familiar with them.

Cyber-6, Sailor Moon, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Hey Arnold!, Charmed, The Addams Family, Buffy, Freaky Stories, X-Files, and Goosebumps.
I still watch a lot of these on a regular basis for that sweet childhood nostalgia.
They did remake a few episodes of Are You Afraid Of The Dark last year, I think. Addams Family was pretty good. I remember the old Nintendo had a Addams Family game and that was pretty fun. I didn't watch X-Files, but I knew it was really popular and they also remade it. I didn't watch Goosebumps, Buffy, Charmed, Freaky Stories, Sailor Moon, Cyber-6.

Sabrina the teenage witch
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Charmed
Sailor Moon
Full House
Candy candy
Animaniacs

New Threads

Top Bottom