• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the most irritating thing you got repeatedly told growing up?

1. You can (do thing you want to do/go place you want to go/see people you want to see) after you do A,B,C and D (and I'll renig or make sure you get there late/ have a meltdown) -Way to improve my social skills mum!
2. You're hopeless. No one will ever employ you.
3. (When I got a job) No wonder your boss hates you

balloon(meaning airhead)
you've forgotten your buspass haven't you !
There are probably more, but for me it would be;

"Just TRY to remember next time" or "DON'T forget".

As if I had a choice to remember or not remember.

Even now I'm struck by futility of those words.

"If you are so smart why can't you figure out X?"

X was usually something I didn't want to do, anyway -- which is why I didn't want to give it any bandwidth!

SIT ON YOUR HANDS! and often, someone would grab my hands to emphasize that I was flapping!

Wow... I forgot about this... It would piss my dad off when I did that or pulled on my ears. I'm sure it embarrassed him and I feel bad about it, but I couldn't help it and I grew out of it thankfully.

"Silly/stupid girl"

Stupid too me is one of the most hateful hurtful words when directed specifically at a person...
One person used to call me a f..... retard when I was really young.
I think that sunk in pretty deep and I still feel that way when I mess up and do something "stupid."

And for people to wonder why we shut down. Maybe they aren't as smart as they think.
If I didn't involuntarily shut down... I would probably be in prison some where.
I am actually unthinkably thankful that this thing was placed in me, to keep me from being a total monster.

No one should have ever called you stupid (while meaning it), joking around thats fine - that is their debt to pay, not yours

That I was a useless waste of skin who'd never amount to anything, and 25 years after leaving school I still don't have a job, am still single and have no prospects.

"Why don't you smile?"

(Part of the story of my nick name- "Judge". Somber, sober...looking too serious even as a toddler according to my father. Whose friend jokingly named me "Judge".)

Last edited:
Why are you such a weirdo? Usually said after I did something like a scientific experiment with household products or found a plant that I'd never seen before and brought it home.

"that's not how girls act/dress"
"Sit like a lady!"
(My mom is very old-fashioned)

And kids on the school bus:
"What's your favorite color, rainbow?" (Insinuating that I was gay)

"Stop showing off"
"You're stupid" (always in relation to maths)
"You could stop if you wanted to, you're just doing it for attention." (my tics)

"would you sit still?!"
Or alternatively
"It's distracting! Please stop bouncing your feet! Other students can't focus!"

(In reference to my stimming)

That I was a useless waste of skin who'd never amount to anything, and 25 years after leaving school I still don't have a job, am still single and have no prospects.

Rich... Don't let that stuff dig ruts in your head... Please.
You are not some worthless piece of skin.
GOD/Source/The Universe (whatever you want to call it) makes no mistakes.

Buddy, your stuff is out there somewhere. Never give up on yourself...

Humans can use their tongues to become the most ruthless species on the face of this planet.

1. You can (do thing you want to do/go place you want to go/see people you want to see) after you do A,B,C and D (and I'll renig or make sure you get there late/ have a meltdown) -Way to improve my social skills mum!
2. You're hopeless. No one will ever employ you.
3. (When I got a job) No wonder your boss hates you

I would bet mostly anything that most of us who were treated this way... Didn't grow up and do the same.
In the NT world they do the same and worse, and then back burn it onto their parents as some license to abuse others (not all of course).

I have probably a gazillion sins out there somewhere, but after being attacked, abused, having the crap beat out of me for things I couldn't even control... I vowed I would never hurt another person if there was any way possible to avoid it. And its not so much the physical abuse, as it is the mental scars... They just don't go away easily, or they show back up with very bad timing.
Sorry Pax... I know it sucks, but we move on I guess.

New Threads

Top Bottom