• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Enter the Dragon, Bruce Lee's final film before he died (although apparently Game of Death came out just after he died 45 years ago this month)

Mamma Mia: Here we go again! 8/10.

Almost as good as the first one, good songs and stuff, and Cher was in it, she's getting on a bit now but she doesn't look it.

Skyscraper 8/10, I don't normally rate Dwayne Johnson's acting ability, but this was quite good.

Incredibles 2 8/10, traditional Disney Pixar animation, good story and stuff, and I'm half tempted to get the Lego Incredibles game but having played most of the previous Lego franchise games, they're nearly all the same game apart from different characters.

Hotel Transylvania 3: Monster's Vacation 8/10, very funny movie, and the Daughter Mavis is slightly cute, but I always did have a thing for the Gothic look.

Last edited:
Teen Titans Go To The Movies 7.5/10, very funny animated movie.

Team America: World Police 7/10, whether you think it's funny or not depends on your sense of humour, it's kind of an adult themed Thunderbirds update created by the guys who created South Park.

Rio, 8/10.

Bright (2017)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_(film)

bright a.jpg

"Coogan's Bluff"

Vintage Clint Eastwood. He takes on New York City and wins. :cool:

Last edited:
Ant Man and The Wasp 7.5/10.

Usually I think Marvel franchise movies suck, but this was good.

Coogan's Bluff

TCM was running a lot of Clint Eastwood yesterday.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coogan's_Bluff_(film)
upload_2018-8-5_11-37-42.png

I hated the characterization of the "girl psychologist/probation officer"/pushover.
She & Coogan don't get along, upon meeting, so naturally, they're hot for each other.

I wasn't sure before seeing it whether "bluff" was a verb in the title,
or a geographic location. But, that readily became apparent.

I hated the characterization of the "girl psychologist/probation officer"/pushover.
She & Coogan don't get along, upon meeting, so naturally, they're hot for each other.

No doubt. But then we're talking about Hollywood perceptions of women, circa 1968.

And grizzled lawmen from Texas. Er uh......Arizona! :p

My how the times have changed...

Last edited:
Teen Titans Go To The Movies - I didn't actually go to support my love for the tv series as I'm kind of bitter towards the treatment of the characters (I used to LOVE the original TT animated series) but I feel 2d animation needs some major support! Also that teaser mid-credits gives me hope we may see the original Titans again sometime soon.

Batman Returns (1992).

Starring Michael Keaton as Batman, Danny DeVito as Penguin and Michelle Pfeifer as Catwoman.

Batman (1966) starring the late Adam West as Batman alongside all the cast of the 60's TV series including the rogue's gallery of Batman baddies, most of the actors of the roles are dead now as well.

Last edited:
The Glitterball (1977)

A short, low budget film about two boys who befriend an alien (which has several powers despite looking like one of the silver balls from Starman) and try to protect it from a crook who seeks to use its powers for his own gain.
The film is made by the Children's Film Foundation (the same people who made Play Safe) and is quite a silly film with average acting and one scene in particular at 32:50 where you can see the boom microphone bobbing down into the shot, but I got a couple of giggles from it.
(Also, a packet of crisps was 5p back then? Man, the prices have really gone up).

I watched Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi this morning, despite the reaction of butt hurt Star Wars nerds who hate Disney, I think it's an excellent movie and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I watched an animated Batman movie on Sky this morning, starring Peter "Robocop" Weller as the voice of Batman.

New Threads

Top Bottom