• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Grabbers - A 2012 Horror-Comedy from Ireland about a group of people on the Aran Islands who are forced to band together (and get as drunk as possible) when the island is invaded by a race of extraterrestrial tentacled monsters.

Grabbers - A 2012 Horror-Comedy from Ireland about a group of people on the Aran Islands who are forced to band together (and get as drunk as possible) when the island is invaded by a race of extraterrestrial tentacled monsters.

I saw the first half. Talk about stereotypes! :D

"Red Sparrow"

A former Russian ballet dancer is inducted into an SVR spy school specializing in seducing and exploiting "assets" to give up secrets. A good story spoiled by a bit of poor story telling. Decent ending though.

Last edited:
"The Fantastic Four" (2015)

I think I actually liked this one better than the earlier 2005 one.

Batman Forever.

Starring Val Kilmer as Batman/Bruce Wayne, and Jim Carrey as the Riddler, Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face and Chris O'Donnell as Robin.

Not bad, some good songs in the soundtrack including Seal's "Kiss from a Rose".

Molly's Game (2018) - It's the "true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target."

Wow, this movie was fantastic! I kinda wanted to see this when it was in theaters but didn't get around to it. Wish I had. It's so much better than I expected. Great story, acting, and everything. It's intense!

Annihilation (2018) - Another one I wanted to see in theaters but glad I didn't. It's a sci-fi psychological horror about a "group of military scientists who enter 'The Shimmer', a mysterious quarantined zone of mutating landscapes and transmogrifying creatures."

I usually like sci-fi and don't mind some horror but this was a disappointment. Little in this movie made sense. The ending was left open with far more questions about the film than answers. The acting was good, in my opinion, the vfx were pretty, and it had some freakin scary parts thrown in but the story - ugh.

"Battleship"

Invading extra terrestrials attack the United States Navy off Hawaii.

WAY WRONG IDEA! :cool:

Only the Brave (2017)

True story of Granite Mountain Hotshots wiped out (19 of 20) at Yarnell Hill Fire in 2013. Very good film. Hard ending.

c49e41c8a77b4f9c894edfed0f29cf13.jpg

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 7/10.

I went expecting it to suck, bur was pleasantly surprised as it was decent.

Loving Vincent. The description says it's "the world’s first fully oil painted feature film." And, wow, is this movie beautiful. I was in awe.

"The film brings the paintings of Vincent van Gogh to life to tell his remarkable story. Every one of the 65,000 frames of the film is an oil-painting hand-painted by 125 professional oil-painters who travelled from all across the world to the Loving Vincent studios in Poland and Greece to be a part of the production. As remarkable as Vincent’s brilliant paintings, is his passionate and ill-fated life, and mysterious death."

I knew very little about the life or death of Vincent van Gogh. It's heartbreaking.

Adrift 7.5/10.

Based on a true story of 2 people who went adrift on a Boat back in the early 80's, one person died as a result of a Hurricane, the other is still Sailing to this day.

Incredibles 2, This movie was a hell of a ride. This is one of those instances that the sequel is superior to the first one, the last time I felt that way was with Star Trek Into Darkness.

Solo: Pretty good story and set up to the Original Trilogy lore.

I watched a Netflix original, called The Sandstorm. It was a rather depressing but absorbing movie about an Arabian woman whose husband took another wife, leaving her with four children and no help.

New Threads

Top Bottom