• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

The Hundred-Foot Journey

+

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I enjoyed both films, and, particularly, the scenery.

Last edited:
Kill Zone 2
If you like your ultraviolence bloody and your organs harvested, look no further. :p
I quite like this movie despite the gory aspect (pretty much the whole thing).

I watched a really good movie called Blindspotting on Netflix today, completely slipped under the radar when it came out and is a must watch as it’s about a important current issue

The Principal (1987)

It has Jim Belushi in it, which is probably the only redeeming quality this film had. Standard 80s fare I guess.

It’s kind of a funny story (2010)

Refreshingly light and watchable story about a teenager checking in to a mental hospital because he’s depressed and suicidal. Very inoffensive and kind of a feel good movie, thought I’d dislike it but it left me smiling.

"Woman In Gold" (2015)

Interesting factual story about a Jewish woman who fled Austria for the US (played by Helen Mirren) when the Nazis annexed the country. Many years later she sought to reclaim a famous painting (Gustave Klimt's "Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer) which belonged to her family and was stolen by the Nazis.

Years later the same painting showed up in one of Vienna's most prominent museums, and Maria Altmann sought to legally reclaim it with the help of an American relative (Ryan Reynolds) who was a young, but skilled lawyer. Whereupon the Austrian authorities put up quite a fight in keeping her from her own property, even while the Austrian government had claimed that it had changed it's posture about Jewish property stolen by the Nazis. At the time the painting was worth some $135 million dollars.

Culminating in a transatlantic Supreme Court level lawsuit between the US and Austria.

Last edited:
I know that the next movie I am going to see will be Joker. I can identify with him in a way because of my own mental illness. "The trouble with having a mental illness is that people expect you to behave as if you do not have one." - Joker.

"Lars and the Real Girl"

About an emotionally stunted man (Ryan Gosling) who struggles with socialization. So much so that he falls in love with a life-size anatomically correct sex doll. With most of his very small town community supporting the two of them. Wildly optimistic if you ask me.

I'm afraid I ultimately came to the conclusion that Lars did not appear to be on the spectrum of autism. And that no character in the production ever implied that he might be autistic.

Kind of a sad story...but nice fiction that a community would indulge one of its own in such a way.

Lars and the Real Girl (2007) - IMDb

The Amazing Howard Hughes 1977

The Amazing Howard Hughes - Wikipedia

IMG_0164__50427.1542883465.jpg

My favorite touching movie. The Family Man with Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni.

Before that, one of my favorites "Office Space". Required viewing for anyone who works in a cubicle office.

Before that, one of my favorites "Office Space". Required viewing for anyone who works in a cubicle office.
Mmmkay, did you get that memo about the TPS reports? :D

Last night I went to a screening of the Ocean Film Festival, of which the last item on the bill was Surfer Dan.

Last edited:
The Day The Earth Caught Fire (1961)

Too much of the film was about some bloke with outdated views concerning women trying to get his end away.

I liked the ending scenes. :)

Last edited:
Veteran (2015)
A bit violent, but I enjoyed the comedy moments and the little guy fighting for his rights against the super rich corporation bastards aspect. It was a cool movie. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom