• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was ASD2 called before the DSM-V

Edit : also some people get "better" as they age some get "worse" I seem to be the latter but I have no idea why I am guessing that people thought some of the stuff I did at three or five was normal (and it was for that age) but now I am older and some things have not changed leading people to notice it more. I don't have a DD of any kind except developmental coordination disorder (and I think the cdc says autism is a DD) or an ID but in some ways I never caught up to my peers.

Like you i have gone from bad to even worse then when i started life and things have regressed rather then dicreased. And in my case i KNOW it comes from my crappy life and the constant 24 /7 bombardment of negative stress levels thru the roof. Same here my friend :rolleyes:

Also you cant judge youre self just yet. With youre age you need to give it many years more until you can do that assumption .

I believe it is mild, moderate, and severe (those three are still being used today), They used to use words like childhood schizophrenia and use to confuse autism with schizophrenia back in the day, it wasn't until recently in the 1980s when the term Autism started to pick up.

For me the problem is learning disabilities. Test me in one area I score low. In another area I score high.
Me to, I am not good at things especially tests, while I am the best at subjects such as art, music, history, and geography.

If you want to know about my autism, I am a moderate autistic (level 2). I used to be very severe, thankfully that went away with some intervention, the severe autism went away at around age 8 for me.

If you want to know about my autism, I am a moderate autistic (level 2). I used to be very severe, thankfully that went away with some intervention, the severe autism went away at around age 8 for me.

That is the way it went for me also. It started changing when I was 8. Lots of intervention and probably also a developmental leap. I never mastered talking all that well, but I was a lot more responsive and interactive and learned to read and write well. To the point where I became above average in that area. And good at history and geography and science (except chemistry and mathematics).

New Threads

Top Bottom