• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

my pc is not new, i was playing fallout 3 recently i like the survival/loneliness atmosphere of the wasteland.

my pc is not new, i was playing fallout 3 recently i like the survival/loneliness atmosphere of the wasteland.

What is your CPU/GPU? I have an i7-12700KF/RTX-3070 ti, 32gb 3666DDR4 RAM. It works well for VR. I would like to learn how to play PC games. I have tried but it's very complicated learning how to move and jump. I died so many times in Lara Croft Tomb Raider. I have lots of her games.

What is your CPU/GPU? I have an i7-12700KF/RTX-3070 ti, 32gb 3666DDR4 RAM. It works well for VR. I would like to learn how to play PC games. I have tried but it's very complicated learning how to move and jump. I died so many times in Lara Croft Tomb Raider. I have lots of her games.

I wish i had that setup, no i have an 2008 core 2 duo, with a nvidia 650 ti from 2013. 4 gb of ram.

I wish i had that setup, no i have an 2008 core 2 duo, with a nvidia 650 ti from 2013. 4 gb of ram

I wish there were a way for me to pass on my older PC. It is an i5-10500K, GTX-1660 Super, 16gb RAM, I forget the speed. I will not use it again but unless someone is able to pick it up, I do not know what I can do with it. I cannot think of how I could ship it.

I wish there were a way for me to pass on my older PC. It is an i5-10500K, GTX-1660 Super, 16gb RAM, I forget the speed. I will not use it again but unless someone is able to pick it up, I do not know what I can do with it. I cannot think of how I could ship it.

Maybe try to sell it on ebay or something? i live in uruguay so its too far away i guess.

Played a bit of Super Mario 3D Land.

Just wanted to mess around in Citra, mostly, and I haven't extracted my other 3DS games yet to use in the emulator.

Maybe try to sell it on ebay or something? i live in uruguay so its too far away i guess.

I wish there were a way I could send it to you. I wonder if the cost of international shipping would be so high it would not be worth it. The PC case has a glass side, it would all need a lot of protection. I could remove the graphics card which you could plug back in when it arrived but still it would be so hard to box it all up and I do not even know how to ship to another country.

The internet makes us seem close, like I could just pass it on to you but I guess it is thousands of miles. I do not know how far Uruguay is or where it is. Sorry I do not know geography better. I would like to hear about where you live if you want to tell me.

I wish there were a way I could send it to you. I wonder if the cost of international shipping would be so high it would not be worth it. The PC case has a glass side, it would all need a lot of protection. I could remove the graphics card which you could plug back in when it arrived but still it would be so hard to box it all up and I do not even know how to ship to another country.

The internet makes us seem close, like I could just pass it on to you but I guess it is thousands of miles. I do not know how far Uruguay is or where it is. Sorry I do not know geography better. I would like to hear about where you live if you want to tell me.

yeah, don't worry thats generous of you, but i don't think it would work, uruguay its in south america.

Just bought the basic version Disney Dreamlight Valley on the Switch while it was on sale this week. I’m doing pretty well and got to level 5 friendships with Merlin, Goofy, and Mickey and I think level 3 with Scrooge and got Moana to move into the town and working on Maui next.

Last edited:
Currently I am playing Red Dead Redemption II, as I have been since the end of July. The story has been complete, and now I just spend my days hunting, fishing, and completing other little side-quests. This has been one of the best video games I've ever played, and I'm not sure I have the heart to ever replay its main story.

i picked up a bunch of games on sale recently:
lost judgement, which is a detective game from the studio that makes the yakuza series, very fun so far.
resident evil 2&3 remakes, i've played 2 and loved it, havent played 3 yet
shadow of the colossus, a classic that i've played and replayed often

Currently I am playing Red Dead Redemption II, as I have been since the end of July. The story has been complete, and now I just spend my days hunting, fishing, and completing other little side-quests. This has been one of the best video games I've ever played, and I'm not sure I have the heart to ever replay its main story.
i loved all the side stuff you could do in rdr2! birdwatching was fun especially

Started a new game in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on the Nintendo Switch. I completed the first three levels for Terra so far. I like Disney Dreamlight Valley and unlocked the fishing boat for Moana and met Kristoff. Maui’s house is taking awhile because I’m still trying to save enough coins for his house to be built. It’s right near Moana’s. Also got the Mini Casita and Mirabel in my Valley.

Bit off tangent perhaps but it relates to gaming.

My yoga teacher mentioned the 8 limbs of yoga on Monday. I bought a couple of new books and began reading about the limbs.

The first limb contains 5 Yamas:

Ahimsa (non-violence)
Satya (truthfulness)
Asteya (non-stealing)
Brahmacharya (right use of energy)
Aparigraha (non-greed or non-hoarding)

This resonated with me quite profoundly as I looked to my life and behaviours. Especially Ahimsa:

"The very first – and often thought of as the most important – Yama, is ‘Ahimsa’, which means ‘Non-violence’ or ‘non-harming’. (‘Himsa’ = ‘hurt’ and ‘a’ = ‘not’) In this sense, we’re talking about non-violence in all aspects of life. When we act with ‘Ahimsa’ in mind, this means not physically harming others, ourselves, or nature; not thinking negative thoughts about others or ourselves; and making sure that what we do and how we do it is done in harmony, rather than harm.

‘In the presence of one firmly established in non violence, all hostilities cease’

So I thought about my thoughts, and realised anxiety/depression is fuelled by harmful and negative thinking. Then I pondered other areas of my life. I have a lot of music that could be considered aggressive. In fact, you could discount entire genres in my music collection: metal, gabber, hardcore, punk, trap etc.

Then I thought about gaming. I think it's fair to say most games revolve around violence. You could go as far back and basic as PacMan. Touch a ghost and you die. You could say even Mario and Sonic - jumping on enemies heads to destroy them. Of course there's overt examples such as COD and the like. Even racing games though. Think to what racing is - aggressive driving, braking, cornering, preventing people from overtaking, high speed crashes. Even racing tuned cars sound aggressive.

So I took a step back and realised this is step 1 of yoga. Before even doing stretches, breathing, or meditation.

I'd realised I was distancing myself from various things in order to grow and feel better. I knew gaming was a long running addiction, but this first Yama spelled it out plainly to me.

I looked to all my games, and realise every single one I play is simulating violence. I looked to my thoughts - why I struggle with inner thoughts, and my beliefs and judgements around others. It's all in direction opposition to this first Yama.

So there we have it. Perhaps the pursuit of yoga and it's 8 limbs is the push I needed to give up gaming for good.

Ed

Say it ain't so I've been playing RuneScape 3 and not Old School RuneScape.

I mean my membership applies for both games, so I mean I might as well play some RuneScape 3 too cuz why not, y'know?

Bit off tangent perhaps but it relates to gaming.

My yoga teacher mentioned the 8 limbs of yoga on Monday. I bought a couple of new books and began reading about the limbs.

The first limb contains 5 Yamas:

Ahimsa (non-violence)
Satya (truthfulness)
Asteya (non-stealing)
Brahmacharya (right use of energy)
Aparigraha (non-greed or non-hoarding)

This resonated with me quite profoundly as I looked to my life and behaviours. Especially Ahimsa:

"The very first – and often thought of as the most important – Yama, is ‘Ahimsa’, which means ‘Non-violence’ or ‘non-harming’. (‘Himsa’ = ‘hurt’ and ‘a’ = ‘not’) In this sense, we’re talking about non-violence in all aspects of life. When we act with ‘Ahimsa’ in mind, this means not physically harming others, ourselves, or nature; not thinking negative thoughts about others or ourselves; and making sure that what we do and how we do it is done in harmony, rather than harm.

‘In the presence of one firmly established in non violence, all hostilities cease’

So I thought about my thoughts, and realised anxiety/depression is fuelled by harmful and negative thinking. Then I pondered other areas of my life. I have a lot of music that could be considered aggressive. In fact, you could discount entire genres in my music collection: metal, gabber, hardcore, punk, trap etc.

Then I thought about gaming. I think it's fair to say most games revolve around violence. You could go as far back and basic as PacMan. Touch a ghost and you die. You could say even Mario and Sonic - jumping on enemies heads to destroy them. Of course there's overt examples such as COD and the like. Even racing games though. Think to what racing is - aggressive driving, braking, cornering, preventing people from overtaking, high speed crashes. Even racing tuned cars sound aggressive.

So I took a step back and realised this is step 1 of yoga. Before even doing stretches, breathing, or meditation.

I'd realised I was distancing myself from various things in order to grow and feel better. I knew gaming was a long running addiction, but this first Yama spelled it out plainly to me.

I looked to all my games, and realise every single one I play is simulating violence. I looked to my thoughts - why I struggle with inner thoughts, and my beliefs and judgements around others. It's all in direction opposition to this first Yama.

So there we have it. Perhaps the pursuit of yoga and it's 8 limbs is the push I needed to give up gaming for good.

Ed
If you don't want to completely give gaming up, you can also look for non-violent games. They do exist, even though they aren't as popular. I personally recommend a Short Hike as a pleasant, and completely non-violent example.

As for the thread, I don't really have time to play games now, though I'm interested in narrative indies.

Sniper elite 4 on switch is the only game I have played for well over a year now.... Delayed gratification 1st person shooter games are the best.

Still enjoy Dreamlight Valley on the Switch. I normally don’t buy in-game items in games that have micro transactions but I just had to spend some money to get the 100th Anniversary Celebration items and think it was totally worth the $35. I also got more characters for my Plaza.

Playing Age of Empires Definitive Edition. Old game remastered. Graphics are nice but the gameplay still gets boring after a bit.

New Threads

Top Bottom