• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Got around to playing and beating dark souls 2, took roughly 40 hours. What a lovely game though. I like the fantasy genre but it's usually not exactly the most inspiring content. Dark souls 2 doesn't pull any punches though, everything is whimsical and imaginative. It's difficult to count just how many interesting designs for environments and monsters there are in this. And supposedly From Software repeated this creativity not once but 7 times over all their recent action rpg titles. Baffling talent. I fear your average fantasy dungeon crawler is going to feel so empty and drab if you play them right after playing something like this. Best switch genre entirely for a while.
Nope.
If you liked the Dark Souls series, you will go bananas over their new game, Elden Ring.
Damn, it was addictive, but prepare to die numerous times if you don't use the "Pay to win" path.

It literally took me two days to kill the fire giant the first time around.
Sad Frustration GIF by GEICO

I still haven't beaten him! I can get him to second phase, but he's just too much! I need to get good! hahaha
You need a good summons that is levelled up.
I use the mimic or the powerful one, which is one of the hardest ones to beat, unfortunately. She is quick.
I can find its name if you like.
What level are you?

The way I beat the fire giant is to use the rocks for cover.
A shield is good against him flinging snow at you, btw.

Lots of healing potions.
I have found that physical damage usually works better in the beginning, so you have more health rather than mana.

You need a good summons that is levelled up.
I use the mimic or the powerful one, which is one of the hardest ones to beat, unfortunately. She is quick.
I can find its name if you like.
What level are you?

The way I beat the fire giant is to use the rocks for cover.
A shield is good against him flinging snow at you, btw.

Lots of healing potions.
I have found that physical damage usually works better in the beginning, so you have more health rather than mana.
I've been using the mimc summon, but maybe i can level it up more... I think i'm around level 114! i played most of the game faith/dex with lots of buffing incantations and dual katanas, but i started using the larval tears to respec and now i just need to get used to something again. maybe i'll go back to my original build. rock cover is a great tip, thanks!

Retro Gadgets just dropped a few days ago and I can already tell it's going to be killer. Any Lua scripting nerds on here, you seriously need to check this out if you like sandboxing and making random gadgets. I just did a quick 'hello world' but I'm oozing with designs.

Apparently there's also an Arduino sim called CRUMB that just dropped a few days prior. The controls (for positioning components) are a little wonky, but it's so cool to have everything laid out in 3D. I can't believe nobody did this before.

Also, The Signal State just got a sandbox mode a few weeks ago. Oh my lord. I have so much gaming to do during the holidays now

i beat the fire giant! i respecced into dex int and am using the moonveil katana and my sorceries are glintstone pebble, terra magica, and rock sling. now i'm trying to figure out what to do before burning the erdtree

I have been playing Watch Dog 2.

Originally I liked it, but as I progressed, I started to have a problem with the fiddly "jumper" manipulation necessary for some missions. Never been into that sort of thing, perhaps because I have eye-hand coordination issues to some degree that isn't uncommon for those on the spectrum.

The problem-solving aspect is quite good, however, but you need to understand the game better to appreciate that the vehicles/lifts around the area are vital in completing some goals.

I will continue playing the game.
Worth a look, especially if you like "jumping" type games.

i beat the fire giant! i respecced into dex int and am using the moonveil katana and my sorceries are glintstone pebble, terra magica, and rock sling. now i'm trying to figure out what to do before burning the erdtree
Well done.
The Fire Giant is one of the most frustrating bosses in the game.

I am not sure if burning the Erdtree is going to limit some aspects of the game.
I didn't worry about it and this is my 3rd game-play.
Perhaps Google and see what ppl say?

Well done.
The Fire Giant is one of the most frustrating bosses in the game.

I am not sure if burning the Erdtree is going to limit some aspects of the game.
I didn't worry about it and this is my 3rd game-play.
Perhaps Google and see what ppl say?
thanks! as with most fromsoftware games, there are tons of game mechanics and quests i dont know about until too late! some enemies areas and even allies get removed from the game when you take certain actions, and in this case, i'm glad i stopped to check!

edit: for example, the sewer in the capital gets blocked, so i'm going to try doing the dung eater quest

I am stuck on Skyrim for 5 years . I try not to play because if I do , I do nothing else and all my responsibilities and other special interests suffer . But I really enjoy when I play it .

thanks! as with most fromsoftware games, there are tons of game mechanics and quests i dont know about until too late! some enemies areas and even allies get removed from the game when you take certain actions, and in this case, i'm glad i stopped to check!

edit: for example, the sewer in the capital gets blocked, so i'm going to try doing the dung eater quest
You can replay the game from the start or replay the game with your levels, weapons and armour and do the missed missions.
I found keeping the levels, etc, much more fun and less frustrating.
But check if you want certain ingredients, etc, because not all will be found if you play the "Plus" game. IIRC.

I am stuck on Skyrim for 5 years . I try not to play because if I do , I do nothing else and all my responsibilities and other special interests suffer . But I really enjoy when I play it .
I played Skyrim for a long time. One of the best games at that time.
I recommend "Elden Ring" if you want to lose your job, friends, partner, and your mind. ;)

I played Skyrim for a long time. One of the best games at that time.
I recommend "Elden Ring" if you want to lose your job, friends, partner, and your mind. ;)
That actually may be beneficial to me at the moment!

Dead by Daylight. My friend introduced me to it and I've been playing it for maybe a bit over a month now. I've been obsessing over it. lol

had to restart elden ring because i accidentally bought it on my friend's profile (but on the plus side, i bought the console from him) and i'm going with full strength, which is very fun! i used to do strength/dexterity in dark souls, so this feels like a return to my roots. just working on getting the gear i want, and having fun going through all the bosses again

I have been having fun with SMT III Nocturne over the last month. The game gets easier after Matador, though.

I've been messing around with an open source version of Free Realms all day. I really miss this game. I wish that it didn't get shutdown.

The Creatures games. I used to play the first one all the time when I was a kid. I found out that all three of them are on Steam, so now I'm messing around with the ones I haven't played before.

New Threads

Top Bottom