• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Been playing Rise of nations on pc while i wait for my 3070 card to get here. I play animal crossing every night so I don't lose my cat villagers

Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr (Xbox One)
Gears of War (OG 360 version, going for Seriously)
Killer Instinct (Xbox One)
The Darkness (Xbox 360)
Tales of Zesteria (PS3 and PS4, double stacking the trophies)

Finished Warhammer Inquisitor Martyr

Still working on most of the games from the previous list, but added Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor since that game’s servers are shutting down at the end of this year.

Falling in love with Age of Empires II all over again... the Definitive Edition really was worth double-dipping with all the UI and quality of life improvements, added civilizations, and campaigns....

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on my XBox One. I honestly think Monster Hunter works better on consoles, considering how disastrous the keyboard and mouse controls for MHW are.

I started PC gaming a couple years ago. My ex had a Wii and before that I did arcade games. It is totally different. Wow, stories and mini movies and characters. I bought Skyrim deliberately, even though was 10yrs old, to see what this is about. I put in about 120hrs before I ran out of quests. I understand it like a movie where you are the director (not the actor). When they tell me thanks for destroying the eye of magnus and making me head mage of Winterhold, makes me feel special. I got really good at killing dragons and shield bashing their face. I began teaching Skyrim politics to people at work. Annnd, I suck. I play at novice level. I have a mage build, an archery build and my one handed. I am exploring other classics, like Call of Duty. I bought a Oculus Quest and immediately put on a cable and went to PC VR. The cartoony graphics of non tethered takes me out of the game, although people tell me it is the cable that sucks the most. My fav of all time is Agards Wrath. There is just nothing like it. Then Robo recall and Blades and Sorcery. I got a Saints and Sinners walking dead game. Man that is scary, but I had to see. What a story it has. I bought Far Cry Vegas, Witcher, and some others for black friday.

I started PC gaming a couple years ago. My ex had a Wii and before that I did arcade games. It is totally different. Wow, stories and mini movies and characters. I bought Skyrim deliberately, even though was 10yrs old, to see what this is about. I put in about 120hrs before I ran out of quests. I understand it like a movie where you are the director (not the actor). When they tell me thanks for destroying the eye of magnus and making me head mage of Winterhold, makes me feel special. I got really good at killing dragons and shield bashing their face. I began teaching Skyrim politics to people at work. Annnd, I suck. I play at novice level. I have a mage build, an archery build and my one handed. I am exploring other classics, like Call of Duty. I bought a Oculus Quest and immediately put on a cable and went to PC VR. The cartoony graphics of non tethered takes me out of the game, although people tell me it is the cable that sucks the most. My fav of all time is Agards Wrath. There is just nothing like it. Then Robo recall and Blades and Sorcery. I got a Saints and Sinners walking dead game. Man that is scary, but I had to see. What a story it has. I bought Far Cry Vegas, Witcher, and some others for black friday.

I have put lots of hours in skyrim also, and with like 150 mods.
Currently i'm playing 'Stalker Anomaly mod' too.
My pc is a bit old, i would like to play some new games but i can't.

I was buying the absolute least hardware I could for a VR PC. I did it custom PC so I could upgrade later. I have a i5 'K' model that I can overclock, a CPU cooler I kind of like, 16GB DDR (still can't comprehend what I get for different speeds), and a RTX 2070 Super, and an 1TB SSD. (the SSD makes you not wait, good for Autism). It can be huge pain. Nothing fits or is easy to figure out. I barely comprehend overlclocking and my 1TB is almost full (WTF, 128Gb sized game??!!). I think I paid mostly for leds (sarcasm). VR crashes like crazy and makes you nauseas when it does, even Skyrim crashed quite a bit. One time Lydia disappeared. She wasn't in the crypt, or in the castle. I had to go back really far in saved games to get her back. One time I told her to wait on a Mountain and fast traveled. Two days went by before I remembered. I fast traveled back and there she was. I feel like I took advantage of her loyalty, except she is code and data, and a voice actress. You ever spend like 10 minutes sneaking up on a Thalmor and suddenly she rushes by you screaming "You want a piece of me?" and it is a hail of arrows on you?

I just finished up getting 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy today, so I'll be starting up God Of War III Remastered next. Super Mario Galaxy was one of my favorite Wii games but I always kind of regretted that I didn't collect all 120 stars in it, so I really enjoyed getting to revisit it on the Switch all these years later to take care of that unfinished business and with a proper controller to boot. God Of War III as well, it was one of my favorite PlayStation 3 games and I'm looking forward to playing through it again. I used to be against ports and remasters, but I've grown to realize that some games are just so good that they deserve to be exposed to a new generation of gamers.

I’ve recently discovered the joy of watching other people play games on Youtube, which means I don’t have to be any good, own a device that runs the game (particularly good because there are some games I’m very interested in and have only discovered recently that are 20+ years old) or spend hours getting lost. I’m currently vicariously playing...

Silent Hill: Downpour
Bloodborne
American McGee’s Alice
Dead Space
(the first one)

SCP: Secret Laboratory.

Somehow I was unaware that this existed. Google also informed me of a bunch of other SCP games. I was only aware of Containment Breach. Looks like it’s a good thing I have a lot of time on my hands these days:D

This is what happens when I maintain an interest for years and don’t routinely check for new stuff pertaining to it, I guess.

I'm currently playing Golden Light a lot, and hoboy what a freaking wild ride it's been. Easily one of my top 3 games of the year.

Two quick vids to show:

"Meall" is the name of the boss of the 2nd area... it's that rampaging, er... thing. I hadnt actually done the fight before this, nearly jumped out of my chair when the thing got up and started chasing, making that awful sound. Freakiest moment I've had in a horror game in a long time even though I directly provoked it while knowing it would react somehow. And yes, the boss is what is generating that bizarre recording that is playing the whole time. No, I dont know why. You actually try to use that sound to figure out where the thing even is. The game has this obsession with the concept of mimics. Not the treasure chest sort, moreso the "that potted plant just took a stroll down the hall and then turned into a giant meat monster" sort. Anything can be a mimic. Instead of traditional jumpscares, this game has suddenly transforming and lunging mimics that then chase you all over the place. Among other awful things. It's one of those horror games where combat is often not a good idea... fight too much and the entire "dungeon" gets angrier, which isnt good. The game is crazy hard as it is, it took me many tries to beat that boss at all. If you're wondering why I walk instead of run most of the time, it's mostly to not attract the attention of whatever else may be nearby that I'm not aware of. Not that it saves me in the end.

Here's the trailer for the game, which shows just how freaking weird it is, a bit of explicit language here though:

It just keeps getting wierder as you go. I loved this trailer, it's hilarious.

I’ve recently discovered the joy of watching other people play games on Youtube, which means I don’t have to be any good, own a device that runs the game (particularly good because there are some games I’m very interested in and have only discovered recently that are 20+ years old) or spend hours getting lost. I’m currently vicariously playing...

Silent Hill: Downpour
Bloodborne
American McGee’s Alice
Dead Space
(the first one)

Ohhh yes, that's a deep rabbit hole you're diving into there. I've been watching this sort of content for years now. So many great videos from so many creators. I tend to mostly watch either horror games or retro stuff.

Somehow I was unaware that this existed. Google also informed me of a bunch of other SCP games. I was only aware of Containment Breach. Looks like it’s a good thing I have a lot of time on my hands these days:D

This is what happens when I maintain an interest for years and don’t routinely check for new stuff pertaining to it, I guess.

How about this: There's a full VR remake of Containment Breach being made. It was supposed to enter early access in December, delayed a bit, I'm eagerly awaiting its release.

I can tell you right now... that game is a VERY different thing in VR. I havent played that version obviously since it's not quite there yet, but someone did a recreation of an area from CB in the Steam home thing, and... wow. Despite no active threats that stuff is freaking scary. 173's room (and 173 itself) is part of that bit, and I got to it and... yeah, I nope'd the heck outta there. So I already can tell what this full VR version of CB is gonna be like.

Look up SCP Labrat on Steam if you want to see it. Its going to be a totally free game, since due to the agreement between the Foundation site owners (and the community) and the guy that created the statue 173 is based on, the game cant be monetized if they're using 173's official appearance. Which makes total sense. Its not good to try to leech off of someone else's art project for money, after all. I applaud the generosity of the devs for this VR game, simply making it totally free instead of altering 173's appearance.

There's more SCP games, too. Look on Steam and just search for SCP. Do a full search though, not the little one that only brings up 5 entries. There's way more than just 5 of these. And those are just the ones on Steam... look elsewhere for more. Due to the Foundation's nature, devs can get super creative with these games. There's one game (a short one) that is based around that SCP that is like a tissue box that overwrites your memory, that one is very good, I cant remember the name of it though. Among other sorts of things that have been made out of all that stuff.

I'm still playing Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Currently finishing up my low-rank stuff and then I'll get to high rank.

New Threads

Top Bottom