• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Last week I played through the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy on PlayStation 4. I hadn't played much of them when they released on the original PlayStation but they seemed to hold up pretty well and I enjoyed them. Now I'm playing through Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time and it feels just like a Crash game should. Unfortunately I bought the Switch version and I kind of regret that now. Not to sound like one of "those people", but after playing the trilogy on PS4 and then going straight to this game on Switch, it's hard not to notice the big downgrade in graphics. It's not a bad game by any means though.

I'm also playing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition on PS4. I knew before I started that this was going to be one of those "dude bro" first-person shooters, but it turned out to be one of the most dude bro-est I've ever seen. I'm still enjoying it though.

Playing R-Type Final 2 right now. Getting my butt kicked as usual but that's due to unfamiliarity with the stages. Seems like a decent sequel for a franchise that started out as an arcade game.

Phantasy Star Universe (Clementine server) has been my go to almost exclusively for a few months now. They began an event last Monday which coincided with 2 weeks I was signed off work. So I hit that event harder than a Mike Tyson haymaker.

Ed

I've been playing Tetris Effect on the PlayStation 4. I'm not the biggest fan of Tetris, I admit that they are fun games but with very few exceptions, I feel like most Tetris games feel like "if you've played one, you've played them all". Not this one, though. I thought Tetris Attack and Tetris DS were the two best in the series and would never be dethroned...until I played this one with the VR headset. It's just incredible, the trippy visuals and the music, and the controller vibrates along with the beat. I'm having a blast with it.

I'm also playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. I know it's a remaster of a PS3/360 game, but it still looks pretty good. When I finish this I intend to play through the other two games in the post-reboot trilogy.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Saints Row IV Re-Elected, GTA Trilogy, and Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Also Animal Crossing New Horizons mostly for collecting things.

I recently played through Portal for the first time in over a decade. I finished it in one session and I liked it so much I decided to revisit Portal 2 immediately after. The original Portal was already fun, but Portal 2 is just so much better in every way and is easily one of my favorite puzzle games ever.

I've also been playing Moving Out on PlayStation 4 in co-op with a friend and it's been pretty fun. Reminds me of the Overcooked games in a way, but a little less chaotic (at least for now, we're still kind of early on in the game). It only supports local co-op, so thank goodness for the PS4's Share Play feature, so I can connect to my friend's console remotely and play that way and as a bonus I don't have to buy the game myself.

In addition to those, I still play a little of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch daily.

I recently played through Portal for the first time in over a decade. I finished it in one session and I liked it so much I decided to revisit Portal 2 immediately after. The original Portal was already fun, but Portal 2 is just so much better in every way and is easily one of my favorite puzzle games ever.

I've got Portal 2 to play but I've not got around to it yet. Before now, I've just been watching the Two Saiyans Play video playthrough of it:

I’m playing so many games and alternate among them daily whenever I play them. Right now I’m working on Pokémon Shining Pearl where I want to get to the League before Legends Arceus releases later this month. I am taking a break from Brilliant Diamond until Home can connect to the game. I’m also playing GTA San Andreas, Saints Row IV Re-Elected, Pokémon Cafe Remix, and Animal Crossing New Horizons.

currently playing Black Mesa

which is HD version of the game "Half life" from 1999.

currently playing the new version of Blue Shift, which is a story from half life. where you play the role of a security guard, and see the story unfold from a different aspect

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U (I own the game on Steam as well, but I just wanted a reason to dust off the Wii U). I had avoided this game for a long time because everyone acted like it wasn't a good game. It is good, though. It is the weakest in the Batman: Arkham series, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, it just means the other games in the series set the bar really high (plus this game was handled by different developers, so I think people might've held that against it). I was stuck on a boss fight against Bane for like 3 or 4 days, but besides that I've been enjoying this.

Edit: Ugh, I had to be around 80% through the story mode and during a boss fight the game was auto saving after a cutscene and it froze...which then corrupted my save file and leaves me with no choice but to start over from the beginning. I don't want to leave this game unfinished, but since I have to start over anyway I will just play the PC version instead.

Last edited:
im currently playing, or was in the process before I got sick, Assassin Creed Origins. I adore the Egypt that the devs created. And the history details they’ve included in, is just wonderful to experience. Whilst it’s obviously not entirely accurate, I hold the view point that anyone consumes any form of history be it a game, book and film is learning from history.
Still playing and loving Skyrim. I haven't found any other game yet that has captivated me as much as Skyrim has.

I'm currently playing through Resident Evil 5 on Switch. A friend and I were looking for something to play and he only has a Switch and had never played a Resident Evil game before (or Biohazard since he's from Japan and that's what the series is called over there) so I bought a copy for each of us. Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 are bad Resident Evil games, but they are fun action co-op games and that's all we needed it to be.

Another friend and I are playing through Sackboy: A Big Adventure on PS4. This is a very fun co-op platformer, I think so far I like it more than Super Mario 3D World which we also recently played through before this. Despite having nothing to do with Nintendo, I feel the developers managed to nail that certain kind of unique "Nintendo charm" that for so long seemingly nobody but Nintendo was able to pull off.

I'm also playing through Crysis and I should have it finished by tomorrow. I chose to buy the original 2007 release instead of the recent Remaster version, and that's because I wanted to see how this game holds up 15 years later now that I can finally play it with all graphics settings maxed out. I'm glad I can finally check that off my gaming bucket list, because this game still looks incredible even now and if you are familiar with this game you'll know that back in 2007 it could have even the beefiest PCs begging for mercy. After 15 years it looks nearly as good as some games releasing today.

New Threads

Top Bottom