• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What soothes you?

Do you like water too?

• Yes, totally! I feel the same!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • I only use water to clean myself.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Water? What I should this water you speak of?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't like being in water. I even dislike showering. Something about it feels weird and unpleasant. I absolutely love listening to water, though, and also looking at it. I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I moved here specifically because of the rain and dark skies.

Agree with many of the above.

Water - a larger body of moving water rather than a glassful.
From clean fish tanks to boating lakes, waterfalls and coastlines, and most everything in between.

Music - classical music captivates me. It can both motivate and calm me, dependant on the piece.

Some pieces can irritate me,
Only in so much that it demands my attention.
Can't concentrate on a conversation or chore or writing because my brain insists it's following where that piano sound is headed.

Forgot to mention; knitting. A recent discovery.
Repetitive action and soft, rhythmic clicking of knitting needles.
What I'm knitting is irrelevant. It's the noise and action.

And because I'm not likely to carry the above with me when out and about in stressy situations,
Focused breathing.
Ignore surroundings and focus on purposeful breathing, in a specific way.
Even that has a rhythm.

What soothes me?

Having no deadlines!

26196394-little-girl-relaxing-in-a-hammock.jpg

I don't like being in water. I even dislike showering. Something about it feels weird and unpleasant. I absolutely love listening to water, though, and also looking at it. I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I moved here specifically because of the rain and dark skies.

Am jealous of where you live - I wish it rained more in the UK. It did recently which was nice but it really isn't enough for me, it's one of my favourite things when it rains. Noisli is good but it doesn't beat the real thing.

The main thing I dislike about showering is temperature changes - I can't stand going from really warm to suddenly very cold, I really hate it. Although I think this problem's most severe when I'm in drug withdrawals, but I still don't like sharp temperature shifts. Getting out of bed... I know I'm probably just a baby complaining about such things.

I always go straight for music to soothe. I agree classical music's often a good move. A cup of tea.

The breeze of the wind is soothing. I love sitting outside at night and hearing nothing but the wind go by. The world seems so much more peaceful at night. Nothing but the stars, the moon, and the sound of the breeze.

Showers are indeed lovely too. Nice hot showers. Also, a nice hot cup of tea is very soothing.

Hot showers. Icees. Good food, comedy and Halo game music on cd. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaa!

Forgot to mention; knitting. A recent discovery.
Repetitive action and soft, rhythmic clicking of knitting needles.
What I'm knitting is irrelevant. It's the noise and action.

And because I'm not likely to carry the above with me when out and about in stressy situations

Crochet works in the same way. It is much easier to take out and about because there is only one stitch to worry about, if it does fall off the hook, it doesn't ladder downwards, and if anyone annoys you, you can contemplate on how the Egyptians used something very like a crochet hook when extracting brains during the mummification process.

The more stressed I feel, the faster I crochet. My friends can tell what state I'm in by my crochet or knitting speed.

Driving, driving around the island of Hawaii. Beautiful. Finding a warm spring to jump into. Warm baths. Hearing the ocean sounds. Old black and white movies. Remembering beautiful memories of past experiences. Feeding birds.

...and if anyone annoys you, you can contemplate on how the Egyptians used something very like a crochet hook when extracting brains during the mummification process.

Trans nasal endoscopic skull base surgery for the 'free-range rude'

Perfect.

That thought alone is soothing :)

And chopsticks don't look dangerous. No one could be alarmed by someone carrying a chopstick.

I may have watched too many Chinese martial arts films, with their use of improvised weaponry.

Crochet works in the same way. It is much easier to take out and about because there is only one stitch to worry about, if it does fall off the hook, it doesn't ladder downwards, and if anyone annoys you, you can contemplate on how the Egyptians used something very like a crochet hook when extracting brains during the mummification process.

The more stressed I feel, the faster I crochet. My friends can tell what state I'm in by my crochet or knitting speed.

The Bishop Museum had tools in the display that l picked up on a extremely erie feeling with them. Little was on the descript card of their actual use. l felt they had been used on humans. Later on, l noticed they were removed and never were exhibited again. Hawaiian history, somethings you just don't need to know.

The Bishop Museum had tools in the display that l picked up on a extremely erie feeling with them. Little was on the descript card of their actual use. l felt they had been used on humans. Later on, l noticed they were removed and never were exhibited again. Hawaiian history, somethings you just don't need to know.

Captain cook,for one,so they say.

Although not a healthy meal as he had gone mad towards the end.

New Threads

Top Bottom