• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What soothes you?

Do you like water too?

• Yes, totally! I feel the same!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • I only use water to clean myself.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Water? What I should this water you speak of?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moomin

“My servants never die!”
aside from not being well this week, I’ve had a fever. And I was advised to take showers to help balance my temperature. Ive just realized that I love water. It’s so soothing and relaxing. I probably sound weird but the touch and sound of water really soothes me.

Does anyone have anything like water to soothe them?

YES, I love water in almost every way

So sad that I don't have a bathtub anymore -
There is a lot I could explain, too much

YES, I love water in almost every way

So sad that I don't have a bathtub anymore -
There is a lot I could explain, too much

Yay!

I don’t have the use of the bathtub because I hate going in that bathroom (too big and wide) but there’s just something about water that just really works for me. Hard to explain.

I love being in the water, swimming or just floating. I also have a white noise app on my phone that plays a recording of ocean waves - I use that to drown out other noises when I need.

My eyes went wide when I read this! I LOVE WATER! Fountains, rivers, lakes, springs, pools, hot tubs, the ocean, showers for hours, baths, rain, EVERYTHING.

Not just humans!

20130426_306524.jpg

But for me its classical music.

My eyes went wide when I read this! I LOVE WATER! Fountains, rivers, lakes, springs, pools, hot tubs, the ocean, showers for hours, baths, rain, EVERYTHING.

I love rain. I’m one of those mad people who stand outside when we get a big rain storm to just soak it up...am I a sponge?

@Tom
Any particular composer?

I love rain. I’m one of those mad people who stand outside when we get a big rain storm to just soak it up...am I a sponge?

@Tom
Any particular composer?

No, I just turn on whatever classical radio station I can find. Light Jazz is nearly as good for me, as well as melodic traditional folk music.

I clean with it and that's all. Otherwise I only like it from a distance. :) And @Tom mine is classic rock or music from 60's to early 70's. I seem to be stuck in that period of music.

Water is very soothing to me as well. Like Pats, I love a strong thunder storm and summer rain. Snowstorms are also relaxing because of their cold beauty. I'm very glad that I react so well to these elements. My favorite sensation is being among the fierce crashing of ocean waves.

Water is very soothing to me as well. Like Pats, I love a strong thunder storm and summer rain. Snowstorms are also relaxing because of their cold beauty. I'm very glad that I react so well to these elements. My favorite sensation is being among the fierce crashing of ocean waves.
I like to watch and hear the crashing of waves, but not crazy about being in it and knocked down - which I have been several times. lol

When I go to bed if I'm not listening to ambient rainfall, it's often classical music. :)

It's always amazed me, and every other classical musician I've met, that people can fall asleep to classical music. And there are CDs of "easy listening" or "relaxation music" and it's the most intense music ever composed. Classical music is constantly developing, constantly changing, varying in intensity, dynamics and texture, stimulating to the point that I'd understand it more if it were used to wake up in place of coffee.

But I understand that it's mostly just white noise to people who don't study it, so I guess it sorta makes sense, but it's hard for me to imagine it that way. o_O

It's always amazed me, and every other classical musician I've met, that people can fall asleep to classical music. And there are CDs of "easy listening" or "relaxation music" and it's the most intense music ever composed. Classical music is constantly developing, constantly changing, varying in intensity, dynamics and texture, stimulating to the point that I'd understand it more if it were used to wake up in place of coffee.

But I understand that it's mostly just white noise to people who don't study it, so I guess it sorta makes sense, but it's hard for me to imagine it that way. o_O

Point taken. It really depends on exactly what piece of music one means, as opposed to an entire genre.

Funny, I feel the same way. It’s the same for instrumental soundtracks. They are stimulating in the production of emotions and intensity that I get easily sucked in to focus on each note. Definitely can’t sleep there!

Could stay an very long period of time playing with water in my bath, playing with some water related toys etc for a very long time.
I love to swim but I dont do it often nowadays because its life.

One thing I also did as a kid was to spend a very long amount of time observing the soap creating bubbles when the water was being poured into the bathtub, in my mind I was creating a bubble caslte.

In my opinion getting somehow hypnotized by water ( sound of the rain, flow, etc) is a bit of a autism redflag lol.I also liked being underwater a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom