• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What soothes you?

Do you like water too?

• Yes, totally! I feel the same!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • I only use water to clean myself.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Water? What I should this water you speak of?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like to sit on the beach, listening to the soothing sound of the waves gently breaking on the shore. The little waves splash and fizz as they break, the rounded shingle stones roll and make a beautiful clinking percussion sound, while the waves bubble as they retreat.
I listen to liquid (drum n' bass sub-genre) too. Dn'B actually sounds a lot like the sea to me. Sometimes I listen to it on the beach, so the sounds mix together. :)

Last edited:
Point taken. It really depends on exactly what piece of music one means, as opposed to an entire genre.

Rereading my comment, I hope I didn't come off as condescending or elitist in anyway! I'm sorry if I did! It's just a block of thoughts I've always had. :confused:

Rereading my comment, I hope I didn't come off as condescending or elitist in anyway! I'm sorry if I did! It's just a block of thoughts I've always had. :confused:

Nope. What you said made perfect sense to me.

I mean...if I wanted to truly relax with Wagner it would be Tristan und Isolde. Maybe even Tannhäuser. But certainly not Lohengrin Prelude to Act III or Die Walküre.

It just comes down to the piece of music in question.

It's a sad day when a classical musician has to apologize. Please tell more and anything you want to share about Classical music because I love it. And I loved what you wrote. I thought it MUST be a joke that Bach wrote the Goldberg Variations for an insomniac! Have you ever tried to sleep to THAT? I have!! Hahaha. Just when you think it's plink, plink, plink.....suddenly it's TRILL TRILL TRILL!!! You rock, Fino. Ummm, I mean you don't rock? You're a Classic! :)

One of my obsessions is bathing in the bathtub everyday. I enjoy being in the hot water and find it to be soothing. I just wish I had a hot tub. I used to have one in my old house and would use it to wash my hair in. I used to spend an hour a day playing in it as a child. I even tried swimming in it but a few minutes after I started swimming I accidentally kicked a hole in the side of the hot tub. It did not cause all the water to leak out because the water just went into a small closed panel. I have a lot of fun memories of that place.

It's a sad day when a classical musician has to apologize. Please tell more and anything you want to share about Classical music because I love it. And I loved what you wrote. I thought it MUST be a joke that Bach wrote the Goldberg Variations for an insomniac! Have you ever tried to sleep to THAT? I have!! Hahaha. Just when you think it's plink, plink, plink.....suddenly it's TRILL TRILL TRILL!!! You rock, Fino. Ummm, I mean you don't rock? You're a Classic! :)

That was the longest time I've spent trying to pick a "reaction" to a post because I wanted to use several but couldn't so here's a lollipop. :lollipop:

It's also the longest I've spent thinking about what to say because I typically just say whatever comes to mind first, but my mind goes blank when people are very kind. :confused:

*dies*

:eek:

Nope. What you said made perfect sense to me.

I mean...if I wanted to truly relax with Wagner it would be Tristan und Isolde. Maybe even Tannhäuser. But certainly not Lohengrin Prelude to Act III or Die Walküre.

It just comes down to the piece of music in question.

:lollipop:

I enjoy looking at the water, and listening to it, and spending time near it and taking pictures. But I hate rain, swimming, boating, and getting wet.

I also don't like wind. It stresses me out more than just about anything.

What soothes me? Fire. A good campfire, woodstove fire, or pellet stove fire. I burned wood for years and loved it. But I also enjoy the ambience of a pellet stove, watching the flame, the white noise of the fans, and tinking sound of the pellets as they fall into the burn pot.

Yes, I love taking a shower, or a long soak in a warm bathtub. I like to walk by the sea or a river or other body of water, that makes me feel calm too. I don't like getting water splashed on my face, though.

That was the longest time I've spent trying to pick a "reaction" to a post because I wanted to use several but couldn't so here's a lollipop. :lollipop:

It's also the longest I've spent thinking about what to say because I typically just say whatever comes to mind first, but my mind goes blank when people are very kind. :confused:

*dies*

Yum. I like lollipops. Thank you! And ummm......I will try to be meaner next time :) <hissing> J/k I lost my hissability somewhere along the line...........!

*dies*

I didn’t get a lollipop...

I’m the same. When people are kind, I’m very awkward and don’t really know how to respond.

So here’s a koala

Does anyone have anything like water to soothe them?

Well... through self hypnosis i anchored a command similar to soothing by simply holding a certain object. Whenever i hold this object a deep, soothing state follows. Works like a charm. Trouble is remembering to do this when caught up in daily annoyances & pains. Hahaha!

I like water too but after a scary experience I'm a bit anxious in large bodies of water. I really don't like rain; we have too much of it.

The sun soothes me. :rolleyes:

I’ve always taken long showers even as a child I would spend as long as my family would let me in there. Sometimes 2-3 hours. The ocean has always been my happy place.

Here are a few things, of which I thought, that soothe me:
  • soulful, instrumental music
  • laying down, while daydreaming
  • writing
  • orgasms (I won't elaborate)
  • breezes
  • heavy blankets
  • the sound of rain
  • the sound of a fan

New Threads

Top Bottom