• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good on you for giving it your all, @Mary Anne! That is the best anyone can expect. We're in the same boat about money. Who was it that said, "A society is judged by how it treats its most vulnerable people?" If we judge life in the United States by this criteria, we're a pretty awful country because we don't treat our most vulnerable very well at all.

One pillar of the problem: The widely held belief is that god hands out money, and if you don't have money, then god does not want you to have money. "If god is punishing you, then why would I help you, as my actions cannot compete with god's actions. Go figure out what to do so that god gives you nice things."

A second pillar of the problem: God is used as a Ponzi scheme. Due to organized religion being legally able to claim crazy stuff like "Give <the church> all your money, and god will make you rich!" You see you "plant" "seed" money, let god make it grow, and then reap the rewards.

Effort and pay are often not linked. I struggled working in a grocery store after high school. I am now working as an insurance agent, way less struggling, and it pays more. I worked as help desk in the past and that was also way less work than working at a grocery store.

Earning money though investing is crazy super stupid easy. Making money make money is what money does. Companies make money. Owning parts of a company that makes money makes you money if you own part of it. Some people with money often think that they are special, but nope, the money mostly does its own thing.

Something like 90% of fund managers could not beat the S&P 500. They get paid a whole lot not to do better than an average of the top 500 companies in America.

Finding how to get that money can be difficult. I tried hard over two years to get a masters in education degree, I had a 4.0 GPA, and I failed at it.

It also can be easy. Observing that Trump and the Republicans would buy war stuff, was a stupid crazy easy observation, and my 401(k) went up 40% last year.

Money don't care how hard you work.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom