• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kind of art do you do?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
What kinds of art do you do? If you enjoy drawing or painting then do you do landscapes, portraits, animation, anime, all?
I just enjoy drawing and painting altogether. I like drawing anime, political pictures, pictures from movies or cartoons, really I enjoy drawing anything.
And when I go into my painting bubble it is my passion place and I just relax and adore it.
And I am a crafter too and my crafting is anything glittery and fun generally. I like origami, I like gemstones, I like ribbon, I like headbands and even making clothes, hand sewing, pinks. I do cute crafting and like making anything really.
What about you?

I do basically any kind of art you can think of lol

Painting, sketching, drawing, photography, digital art, pottery, handcrafting, scrapbooking/collaging, filmmaking, music, floral arrangements, decorative lighting, culinary art, tattoo art, fashion design/styling, and graphic design.

At least those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head and that I have shared on here.

I do basically any kind of art you can think of lol

Painting, sketching, drawing, photography, digital art, pottery, handcrafting, scrapbooking/collaging, filmmaking, music, floral arrangements, decorative lighting, culinary art, tattoo art, fashion design/styling, and graphic design.

At least those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head and that I have shared on here.
That is cool, you sound very talented.
I do some photography too but I am not very experienced and it is not very good yet.
I am not very good with digital art but I like seeing others.
I like face painting too or the idea of it and makeup but I have not explored these areas much yet.

That is cool, you sound very talented.
I do some photography too but I am not very experienced and it is not very good yet.
I am not very good with digital art but I like seeing others.
I like face painting too or the idea of it and makeup but I have not explored these areas much yet.

You will get more confident with experience :)

I forgot to add makeup and hairdressing to my list. I do those too.

Other than technical drawing, drawing isn't my strong point. I once gave pyrography a try and it came out pretty good. Now whenever someone has a special birthday coming up, instead of getting them a card, I make them a wood! I've also made wood christmas decorations using pre-cut MDF shapes and added my own details and messages.

Mostly realism or cartoons, two opposites lol. Tried my hand at digitally drawing recently, gives u a lot more options.
Also paint from time to time, even if it's not my strongest point.

I like to draw, paint, do model kits such as houses or gundams. I still color or should say have started again. I also do many child arts projects with my nephew, scratch art, finger painting, crayon melters lol, arcrylic and watercolors he likes too. We made magnets and painted them. I used to have some talent but age and wrongly prescribed or bad reactions to some medications messed me up a long time. My husband however is amazing I think with drawing, painting, models etc. We do similar but different things and have our own art rooms. His has 3d printer too mine has all our paints (except his figure painting ones) Oh and sculpture, I actually had stuff in two musuems for art shows before back when my fine motor skills still worked lol

What kinds of art do you do? If you enjoy drawing or painting then do you do landscapes, portraits, animation, anime, all?
I just enjoy drawing and painting altogether. I like drawing anime, political pictures, pictures from movies or cartoons, really I enjoy drawing anything.
And when I go into my painting bubble it is my passion place and I just relax and adore it.
And I am a crafter too and my crafting is anything glittery and fun generally. I like origami, I like gemstones, I like ribbon, I like headbands and even making clothes, hand sewing, pinks. I do cute crafting and like making anything really.
What about you?
My medium i prefer is Digital art for sure.

Anime style, creating my own characters. I have an Instagram based around this.

Music!

I write silly songs and play a little guitar, I also sing

I play bass too but don't have one and miss playing it so bad!

Thats true music is art too, I make up silly little songs for myself quite often lol. I always have, started with singing commercials over and over, the doublemint one drove my mother nuts haha. It had twins in it and I still remember it word for word. I love almost all music, I just have to be in the mood for it.

I tried to learn guitar but im tone deaf (diagnosed) ...pitch i get, tones no. I did learn piano though I got yelled at a lot for not listening when in fact i couldnt hear the differences but that was another day in age :)

Music (modular, trackers, live coding, guitar, dums, bass, etc), graphic design and creative coding for me mostly. Also gamedev, if that counts.

I'm not really sure how I'd live without art as a whole. I also forgot to post some examples, so

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the best thing I've made so far:

9Ebg1C4.jpg

And here's the second best thing:

7Q7TzeE.jpg

Yeah the second one looks a bit odd in comparison to the first. I used Procreate for that, AND tried a difficult perspective (when doing perspective whatsoever is totally new to me) so... yeah. A little wonky. And yes I know the nose looks stupid in the second one. I just could not get it right. The style used in the first image is what I actually want to use, but trying to do it in perspective got a little weird. Trying to do it on the tablet VS my actual colored pencils made it weirder. The shading on the face is totally off...

I've done a variety of other drawings / paintings but those are the ones I most like to share (I could share other things too, if you'd like). Also her name is Iris.

I also make fractal art.

Things like these:

velvet_merge_by_scrapfractals_dekknnh-pre.jpg

labyrinth_by_scrapfractals_dem466x-pre.jpg

I have a LOT of those.

I try to write well, but seldom suceed. My most artistic looking stuff is well-finished practical handicrafts, but I consider my elegant engineering more artistic overall.

I like to draw, paint, do model kits such as houses or gundams. I still color or should say have started again. I also do many child arts projects with my nephew, scratch art, finger painting, crayon melters lol, arcrylic and watercolors he likes too. We made magnets and painted them. I used to have some talent but age and wrongly prescribed or bad reactions to some medications messed me up a long time. My husband however is amazing I think with drawing, painting, models etc. We do similar but different things and have our own art rooms. His has 3d printer too mine has all our paints (except his figure painting ones) Oh and sculpture, I actually had stuff in two musuems for art shows before back when my fine motor skills still worked lol
Antipsychotics messed me up too.
They made me lose a lot of my skills and access to self.
I have only started getting it back

Mostly realism or cartoons, two opposites lol. Tried my hand at digitally drawing recently, gives u a lot more options.
Also paint from time to time, even if it's not my strongest point.
I am bad at blending in painting, mixing colors, drawing dimensions but I still love it and manage to do an ok job.
I would say I am a creative person who manages to be ok at art because I am creative not because I have good skills.
I love art now

I am bad at blending in painting, mixing colors, drawing dimensions but I still love it and manage to do an ok job.
I would say I am a creative person who manages to be ok at art because I am creative not because I have good skills.
I love art now
Yeah dimensions, depth, proportions etc. are a pain to try and get right. Aside from the technical stuff, drawing is such a great release. And skills will follow if you practice and learn, which won't be hard when you have creativity

Yeah dimensions, depth, proportions etc. are a pain to try and get right. Aside from the technical stuff, drawing is such a great release. And skills will follow if you practice and learn, which won't be hard when you have creativity
Yes it is hard and tricky, it is a challenge and my brain likes the challenge.
And it is good to relax but I find painting even more relaxing.

New Threads

Top Bottom