• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WHAT IS YOUR ONE BIG TURNOFF WHEN LOOKING FOR A PARTNER?

Self-centered - I dislike those that have an "It's all about me" attitude. If they're not thinking about themselves all the time, then everything else will be good and acceptable. I knew a woman once that was like that. Everything had to revolve around her or impact her in some way.

Aren't you talking about "most people"?

Boo Hoo! (Sniffle, sniffle, foghorn noseblow) I feel like I should be living in another time period. Alas!
Can't a girl still dream???

View attachment 17909

View attachment 17910

And open my door! And pull my chair out (but not from underneath of me!) :p
Adore grumpy cat <3 Sick confession : If he were human, and I wasn't married - I would want to date him:D:relaxed::hearteyecat: But then again, my list of "hot guys", ( when younger ), included the likes of Mr. Bean, Spock, Data and Mork - LOL :relaxed: *Wondering if this admission will qualify me as a "sexual deviant", and get me chunked off the site??? Hope not.

I am not that demanding really, but there are three things I couldn't live with.

1. Meaness
2. Explosive Gas
3. Eye Stalks

I used to include Tentacles on this list but have been working on improving my tolerance.

anyone who constantly talks negatively about people behind there backs.
is very loud and extroverted, a little bit of extroversion is fine and fun,
just not the full on extroverts, gah, so draining.
poor hygiene and cruelty n meanness. big turn off.

Last edited:
Uncleanness. I'm hypersensitive to body odor of any kind. Also, sloppy appearance and poor housekeeping practices. My OCD kicks in.

I've got one!

When you try to tell them something meaningful and special but they analyze the freakin' tar out of each message! You try to use an analogy and instead of them understanding the spirit of your words, they argue the unimportant semantics held inside the analogy completely missing the whole point.

You try sending them long messages with your whole expression of feeling and they respond in 5 seconds making it very clear they didn't read it; they are just waiting for their turn to talk.

You try sending small instant messages and you can't get anything accomplished in the conversation because they nit-pick each little message and won't just listen. Like everything has to be picked apart and proven wrong.

You try to express something close to your heart and they respond like it's some kind of debate and they have to win. They don't get that sharing feelings doesn't have to have one person being proven right or wrong.

Not only a turn off for a partner but a turn off for a friend.

when she talks about her exs.. i wont drag on here but i've come to learn i'm apparently in love with this girl. through all of my strict morality systems and her lack there of (severe lack thereof when compared to mine).. i still care about her. but i have no idea how to show it and everytime she mentions an ex i try not to show how much it kills me because she doesn't want to be put on a pedastle or pitied or anything.. all reasonable.. but my god is it crushing. especially since many of them live in the area so when we do go out (rarely.. she has her own issues with stuff too) it can be a bother

New Threads

Top Bottom