• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favorite animal?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I love cats. I think they are so cute and adorable. I really like how independent they are and don’t really care when you’re away. I love seeing my cat greet me when I get home from my job. She’s so adorable and cuddly.

MEOW...I have been obsessed with cats since I was 3 years old...they always have and always will be my favorite beings on this planet

Dogs are my favorite, and I would be shocked if there is any person on here who doesn't know that lol

How could anyone not love this face??
This was in my old house, but this is a favorite picture that I don't think I've shared before.

Cats, horses, and foxes are my other favorites.

Dogs also love me and understand me. People, not so much.

Image-247.jpg

I'm very fond of animals in general, picking a favorite is not really possible. Although something in me jumps up and down with joy like a 5 year old when I see an otter. And I have cats. Birds always get my attention. And I love chihuahuas and yorkies because they are so tiny and great. This list will quickly get very long so I'll just stop here and say I like animals. :)

There is one animal that might be my favorite right now, this time of year. Soon I will have small fawns running around here. :D And they are a little wobbly because they are still learning to walk. They stay close to their moms but when their moms start moving it's hard to keep up with them. And you can almost hear the little fawns say "omg this is difficult, wait for me, my legs are small and wobbly!" and then they stumble and run and do their best to keep up. They are just so small and adorable.

iu

The octopus, no question about it. They have a lot of personality, and are also very varied.

They have so many unique abilities that it almost seems like cheating. They have a very long evolutionary history, and as a cephalopod with no hard parts (except for their beak and eye), it's impressive that they have managed to thrive for so long using their smarts.

They are a mystery, but still behave in such a relatable way. Almost all of them are loners, but they can work together if needed, and when they find a mate, they go somewhere private to have a nice "hug". They also play, and are very curious. They are one of very few species which can use tools, and their brain is spread across their central nervous system, so a part of it is in all their limbs which "think" and make decisions independently.

Some of them are also absolutely adorable, like the "Dumbo" octopus (Grimpoteuthis umbellata).

1684409981648.png

1684410030271.png

Cats.

I love cats, always have loved cats, and always will love cats. They're so precious and adorable, I get excited whenever I see one. My mom had a cat named Salem and he'd often sleep on top of or next to with me when I slept when I visited my mom during the summer when I was younger. I've read that cats like to choose a place that's warm and where they feel safe when they sleep, so I guess that means Salem felt safe sleeping with me.

I also really love otters, especially Asian small-clawed otters, but I love all otter species pretty much. I like to watch otter videos online but I have to be careful because some people keep otters as pets and that's not a thing I want to encourage because these are wild animals, they either belong in the wild or in the care of professionals at zoos and aquariums.

I like to watch otter videos online but I have to be careful because some people keep otters as pets and that's not a thing I want to encourage because these are wild animals, they either belong in the wild or in the care of professionals at zoos and aquariums.

I love otters too but as you say, I never want to see one in captivity as a pet. They should be out in the wild. Floating around on their backs in a river or lake. :)

I'd say Foxes.

Small, nimble hunters. But also elusive when need be. Just something majestic and mysterious about them.

Though I am a dog person too. I just have never had the fortune of having one as a pet. My family was... not interested in the idea. To put it lightly.

Though my neighbor across the street from me has a very excitable and friendly black lab, pitbull mix named Duly. And when me and my uncle go visit the neighbor. Duly is the first at the door when they are inside their house.

I love cats and dogs. I recently got Instagram because my kids are on it. I follow a few close family members, one friend, and We Rate Dogs. I love seeing all their cute dog pictures!

I appreciate so many animals that I share this world with. A favorite of mine are goats. I have done packing with American/French Alpine wethers in places like the Escalante. They are curious, very tractable as pack stock, and wonderful companions on the hikes.

However, in ordinary life, I adore cats. It has broken my heart at times, outliving them.

New Threads

Top Bottom