• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favorite animal?

Horses, foxes, and orcas (Blackfish more or less became a special interest and the research I did made me fascinated with them).

Giraffe, camel.

Although if I had the opportunity to own either of them, I'd have to get the female. Male herbivores are more dangerous.

I like all animals also. Hard to pick.
I seem to have a connection with birds. All birds.
I've raised many baby birds that have fallen from their nest. Even a woodpecker.
And several times the mother helps in unison with me.
I found a baby dove with it's mother hugged up to it at the base of a tree where it had fallen out of the nest.
I put it in a box and set it outside on a shelf through the day.
The mother would feed it. I took it inside for safety at night.
Other things like that have happened also.

But in general, I love cats. Always have.
When I was a toddler, my parents and grandmother took me to a shelter and let me have my pick. A black cat.
Mom told me my first word was kitty. And they didn't even have a cat at that time!

I love horses, ponies, mules, donkeys--
also cats, collie dogs, all birds of all kinds but especially the songbirds and doves and quail.
Quail are cute and that's all there is to it.
Squirrels and raccoons and opossums also are absolutely nice and so are rabbits.

Not a dog person. I feel like dogs are not something I'd absolutely want to keep.
But I would definitely enjoy being able to keep a horse.

There is a moth in here now circling the candle so I put a glass hurricane over the flame to protect its little wings. When I get a chance I will catch the moth & put it outside. Moths aren't animals -- insecta, specifically lepidoptera-- but they are beautiful, like butterflies but as brown and fluffy as pigeons.

I love horses, lions but they broke my heart, dolphins, whales, seals, turtles, white wolves, polar bears, sharks, white owls, giraffes, dogs, cats, gorillas, rhinos, grizzly bears, hedgehogs, koalas, otters, elephants, butterflies and maybe others I forgot

I like snakes, if they aren't poisonous of course. I don't like spiders because most look like a big claw and it just freaks me out. People always say "the spider is more afraid of you", but I don't quite know how that's supposed to help me be less afraid lol. If they're so afraid then why do they come scuttling up to us?
Also spiders aren't cute like rats. Some people have pet tarantulas, and they just make me want to be sick. At least my pet rats are cute, only have 4 legs (well, 2 arms and 2 legs really), and don't make cobwebs. I can't stand cobwebs, they make me shudder.

I like snakes, if they aren't poisonous of course. I don't like spiders because most look like a big claw and it just freaks me out. People always say "the spider is more afraid of you", but I don't quite know how that's supposed to help me be less afraid lol. If they're so afraid then why do they come scuttling up to us?
Also spiders aren't cute like rats. Some people have pet tarantulas, and they just make me want to be sick. At least my pet rats are cute, only have 4 legs (well, 2 arms and 2 legs really), and don't make cobwebs. I can't stand cobwebs, they make me shudder.
Yeah spiders do have and of their own, they could crawl anywhere. On beds etc etc.
I am scared of poisonous spiders and big hairy ones.
The hairy ones just make me shudder and want to scream and run.

The smaller the body and the bigger the legs the more I'm inclined to freak out. Ironically those are usually the most harmless spiders but sometimes irrational phobias can seem worse than rational phobias.
The worse ones are the ones you get in the shed or garage, hanging out in large, dusty webs, with long, thick legs. I often imagine myself getting shut in with them and it makes me panic.
I remember one time at work, it was dark and I was standing outside, and I saw a small black shape moving on the ground near my feet. I thought it was a mouse, but when I got closer I saw it was a huge spider and I SCREAMED and ran away like a wimpy little schoolgirl lol. A mouse would have been fine.

The smaller the body and the bigger the legs the more I'm inclined to freak out.

You should see the fox babies I have running around here these days, they're roughly the size of a cat but with unusually long legs and very big and fluffy tails. When they run over my yard in the evening as it gets dark, it looks like some weird creature from a horror movie, because of the small body and long legs. :)

You should see the fox babies I have running around here these days, they're roughly the size of a cat but with unusually long legs and very big and fluffy tails. When they run over my yard in the evening as it gets dark, it looks like some weird creature from a horror movie, because of the small body and long legs. :)
No that's cute lol.

Eww rats.
My niece likes rats as well.
I don’t mind rats if they are the white ones or anything similar used in science labs. I don’t like the idea of them being used to test products but maze and other similar tests for studies I’m okay with. If it’s a street rat then yeah I don’t like it and same with wild mice. It’s more about the diseases wild rodents can carry and pass onto humans that makes me dislike them. I actually don’t hate any animals other than groundhogs. I just despise them for some odd reason.

New Threads

Top Bottom