• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is wrong with my mind?

Oddcampr8292

I can explain my likes and dislikes here as well as a brief summary of my life and mistakes too.

I like discovering more about the history of our universe and religions.

I hate being cruel. I feel like I need to be a light in this dark world. The downside to hating being cruel is it makes me want to help everything i deal with that is against the darkness of this world.

That makes me naive and makes me skip details in situations where im not supposed to. I am 20 and male. grew up in a safe environment and not in one where i was raised to be cruel.

I suspect I may have ADHD and thats why i hate being cruel and skip details. I only graduated high school by cheating in the hard classes. As a young child i was always happy because i had no responsibilities.

i don't dig deep into anything unless ive already been given outside help to understand that its something that needs to be inspected. For example, if I was gonna start a free trial on netflix and in the disclaimer it said I was gonna need to sign a contract with Netflix to do the free trial, I wouldn't even know, id be too focused on getting the free trial.

What on earth is wrong with me?

I don't see anything wrong.

The important thing with being kind is that you must draw lines. Spread yourself too thin and you will fail to help anyone. Instead, you'll burn out.

Be kind without thinking and you'll be taken advantage of in such a way that you will be hurt both emotionally and practically.

I prefer to think of kindness as an attitude and not an action.

That is so me! And when people are cruel to me, it feels very surreal and I cannot fathom how they can be cruel.

However, what is wrong with that? We live in a world where cruelity is the norm and so, to have ones who do not thrive on cruelity, has to be a positive.

I have missed detail too, because of just focussing on one aspect, but have improved greatly. One, because when I avidly share what I know, my husband will say: where did that information come from and why? So, that actually prompts me to delve deeper and I feel less crushed.

Did humans evolve to be cruel? That would make sense seeing so many people make bad comments about others style, looks, differences. I thought these people have issues with themselves, seeing as the percentage of people who go to a psychologist in my country is probably under zero, lol.

Maybe it's your positive attitude. Free trial nothing bad about that. Then find out later you pay 125 dollars for installation and your package only comes with three channels. If you sign the contract two years at seventy dollars a month. If you want out five hundred dollar payment to get out.
You want to take people at their word. To trust them. It's not wrong to think that way. But, you will leave yourself vulnerable by doing so. Sweat the details. Be very careful of who you trust.

Maybe it's your positive attitude. Free trial nothing bad about that. Then find out later you pay 125 dollars for installation and your package only comes with three channels. If you sign the contract two years at seventy dollars a month. If you want out five hundred dollar payment to get out.
You want to take people at their word. To trust them. It's not wrong to think that way. But, you will leave yourself vulnerable by doing so. Sweat the details. Be very careful of who you trust.

I agree. But why did I become this way?

Why are you ashamed? There is nothing wrong with these feelings. It means you're a human being. You have every right to feel this way. In fact, you could say you were designed to feel this way.

If we can't feel anything other than happiness, what's the point in feeling anything else?

Why are you ashamed? There is nothing wrong with these feelings. It means you're a human being. You have every right to feel this way. In fact, you could say you were designed to feel this way.

If we can't feel anything other than happiness, what's the point in feeling anything else?
I can feel other emotions

I don't understand your example or what's wrong with you. Signing a contract is checking a box, isn't it? It just pops up and you can't continue until you check the box. That's how I understand what's going on here.

I don't understand your example or what's wrong with you. Signing a contract is checking a box, isn't it? It just pops up and you can't continue until you check the box. That's how I understand what's going on here.
Im saying im a guy who wouldnt even stop to read the disclaimer. Also you should know that not all contracts give you a box to put a check. Some just say "hit continue if you agree to the terms and service" and the terms and service includes a contract so unless you were patient enough to stop to read the terms and service you'd just get yourself into signing a contract.

Some places trick you because they don't always tell you its gonna be a contract plan or some sort of monthly plan. Luckily the ones ive been put on have let me cancel shortly afterwards. I dont know if others will.

The point is ive been a guy whose not even patient enough to stop to read details about the subscription plan unless forced to do so.

I'm a guy whose not patient. I dont need a fidget spinner. I dont bounce off walls. Never have done that except as a young kid. Now I am just impatient enough so that I dont suspect certain dangers.

Last edited:
That is so me! And when people are cruel to me, it feels very surreal and I cannot fathom how they can be cruel.

However, what is wrong with that? We live in a world where cruelity is the norm and so, to have ones who do not thrive on cruelity, has to be a positive.

I have missed detail too, because of just focussing on one aspect, but have improved greatly. One, because when I avidly share what I know, my husband will say: where did that information come from and why? So, that actually prompts me to delve deeper and I feel less crushed.

So would you say missing those essential details is a sign of autism?

You can practice meditation. I think that's supposed to increase patience. Or you could just be intentional about being more patient and do your best to continue being more and more patient. We are all working on parts of ourselves.

New Threads

Top Bottom