• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is more important to you than your computer?

Maybe another approach to this question would be what would you be doing if there were no computers? A time within living memory for many of us.

Painting, drawing, listening to records, watching movies on television, and going outside more. Doing more sports, talking to people.

Maybe another approach to this question would be what would you be doing if there were no computers? A time within living memory for many of us.
Same as when I was a kid: hiding from humans reading books and watching sci fi/fantasy/horror movies on repeat, drawing and writing.

"Who" is always more important than "what."*

Just comparing "whats," my computer is way up there, though.

*Restated: Who's on first. What's on second...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Using Things and Loving People (1979)

Last edited:
Sad, but l love computers. l can hang out for ever just looking at files of nothing. However l did raise my child who is completely computer savy, and for homeschool, we dissected one. lol

Money and my health are the most important.

And if I didn't have a computer I would watch more TV, be in bed earlier, listen to music and paint.

Anything.
Don't have one.

The mechanical, nuts and bolts real world with all of it's moving parts keeps me anchored or grounded.

If I lived through a computer I'd never be off it.

I live in a house rammed with other people. Have to pay attention to what's going on around me or I'd ignore them and isolate myself (on the computer)

Anything.
Don't have one.
So, your autistic superpower is "getting on-line without a computer???"
full

It looks... interesting and quite donut-like at first glance. I lack the moral fiber to be a vegan myself but do insist on only eating free range donuts.

;)
you wouldn’t know the difference ,I found the joy of coleslaw again ,absolutely no different to coleslaw with cows breast milk components and hens ovum ,Was surprised thought it would be nauseating !but I will be getting a lot more ,I could mainline coleslaw, the vegan doughnut tastes exactly like the doughnut with cows breastmilk and hens ovum components, except it wasn’t as nauseating !but that’s probably because I have high cholesterol ,strangely I thought only fat would make me sick but sugar does as well. The bakery is called the doughnut family .

My first thought was computer because some days that's all I do. But if I have something else to do, I have no problem being away from the computer - and spent nearly a week at my daughter's taking care of her sick dog (who was put down yesterday- so sad) and didn't get on a computer once and didn't miss it. So my computer is not as important to me as someone, even myself, might think. I work jigsaw puzzles on the computer since I can no longer work jigsaw puzzles physically. I communicate with family and friends through the computer. And I'm entertained often from things on the computer. There are plenty of days that the internet is off or the wifi needs reset and I just don't go upstairs to reset it, and just do other things. Gotta share what I spent most of this past week doing.IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0203.JPG
I picked out a small shower when my son did my bathroom and I decided to try to make it look spacier. lol

and I decided to try to make it look spacier.

I like the trees and the forest Pats. I thought I was the only one who wanted to feel as if I was under a waterfall in a forest, when I took a shower. That's why I turn all the lights off when I take a shower and my shower curtain has pictures of mountains all over it.

I like the trees and the forest Pats. I thought I was the only one who wanted to feel as if I was under a waterfall in a forest, when I took a shower. That's why I turn all the lights off when I take a shower and my shower curtain has pictures of mountains all over it.
My shower curtain has another shower curtain behind it with a big moose, looking like a moose is hiding in my shower. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom