• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is more important to you than your computer?

Mia

V.I.P Member
This is one of those either or questions. If you could choose one thing, which is most important:

These are examples:

Your computer or your family?
Your computer or your pet?
You computer or your transportation?

What one thing, is more important than your computer?

Last edited:
I did think of all 3 of your examples (assuming you include phone or any other internet access device as 'computer'). It would greatly suck to have to not know stuff, or go to the library !! Also dont know what i'd do without texting. Or what I'd do without access to forums like this one for that matter. But still, i would choose to give it all up for spouse, cat, or car! But not coffee even though I'm addicted to coffee.

Although I spend a lot of time on the computer, the only one it might be more important then is transportation. But even then, only to a point, or maybe several points. The first most likely being when the food ran out.

I did think of all 3 of your examples (assuming you include phone or any other internet access device as 'computer'). It would greatly suck to have to not know stuff, or go to the library !!
And when going to the library, they don’t have the resources you need or want so you go to another library and maybe another! ;) :mad:

I’m being serious about the lattes.

And when going to the library, they don’t have the resources you need or want so you go to another library and maybe another! ;) :mad:

I’m being serious about the lattes.

They should put coffee shops in libraries, like book stores.

This is one of those either or questions. If you could choose one thing, which is most important:

These are examples:

Your computer or your spouse?
Your computer or your pet?
You computer or your transportation?

What one thing, is more important than your computer?
I can’t do it in order it just comes out ,shalom is way more important I used to think peace but that is just defined as absence of war , not being in pain, not been worried about money .The cats and other animals are just in another category .

They should put coffee shops in libraries, like book stores.
And there’s a cafeteria right beside our city library, but the council have made sure there are barely any books left ,now they’ve closed another one ,I went four years ago ,now that one has gone ,If you don’t have the money for a computer you have got no chance in the UK ,all that money the past governments spent on computers, now people can’t use them.

96AC0BE5-32EB-48D7-8675-92C432AD571E.jpeg
Although I spend a lot of time on the computer, the only one it might be more important then is transportation. But even then, only to a point, or maybe several points. The first most likely being when the food ran out.
Thought you might appreciate this I found a vegan doughnut

My first thought was my family, including pets. Also my best friend - but then again, I never would have met him if I didn't have a computer, since we met online.

Maybe another approach to this question would be what would you be doing if there were no computers? A time within living memory for many of us.

I am reluctant to answer and prefer to prevaricate that fortunately I don't have to choose.

However I don't mind using libraries and would choose my cat and also a number of people I'm fond of, if the chips were down.

New Threads

Top Bottom