• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What have you got on your desk?

A dalek?
How big is your desk?

Your home office in your tardis?

Because the question “what’s on your desk?” Was asked, I’ve just paid attention to what is actually on here.

Need to “Get big bin”
It’s disgusting!!

2 laptops on stands
wired mouse
wifi mouse
large monitor
external keyboard
surge strip
printer
ugly yellow glasses for cutting blue light
pencil cup that says "Nerds Rule"
ceramic paperclip container
Matching tape dispenser and stapler
glass paperweight with two dolphins swimming
radio/iPod player
tea mug

Then there's the storage cabinet behind me... :D

A picture says a thousand words.

IMG_20180330_203906.jpg

A very respectable mechanical gaming keyboard, a decent Corsair MMO gaming mouse, a sh**y mouse mat, my hands and wrists used for typing and moving the mouse, a reasonable 22" 1920x1080 LCD monitor, 2 fairly naff PC speakers and a separate volume control that is positioned so I don't have to reach more than 5 centimetres from my mouse to control it, various cables, a cheap pen, a small rock salt crystal lamp, an extremely sh**y mobile phone that cost around £10 about 2 years ago, a cordless BT digital landline phone in a charging dock (that uses a Virgin land line), an LG TV remote control (For my 42" LG TV that I can watch from my PC chair too because I'm a lazy git lol), a Virgin Tivo remote control, a half full 30g tobacco pouch (yes I know, don't start lol!), a disposable lighter, some thyroid medication tablets, an empty Twirl chocolate bar packet, various paperwork (most of which is now rubbish if I could be arsed to sort through it), some dust (90% dead human skin), a few cat hairs, dust mites, dust mite eggs and of course we just couldn't forget dust mite poop lol! Oh, one more thing I did forget, that's air, it is effectively on my desk and don't say it's not important because where would we be without it? (I think everyone else's desk must be in a vacuum, because I'm the only one to mention it?)

Note: My PC itself is actually to the side of my desk, not on it so it doesn't really count, on top of this is an official PS4 controller (mainly for Playstation Now games) and an unofficial Xbox 360 controller for Windows. I have an ash tray too complete with discarded fag butts, but this is on top of a storage heater to the right side of my computer chair.

An extra close up photo I took earlier of my desk:

JwEbnel.png

PS: I've removed the empty chocolate bar packet now my attention has been drawn to it.

Last edited:
- cup of tea
- pencil with the phrase "The truth is out there" printed on it
- notebook
- pencil sharpener
- eraser
- those post-it sticky divider things
- mouse
- mouse pad
- keyboard
- monitor
- desktop tower
- headphones
- Pusheen the cat plushie
- hourglass that only has 28 mins worth of sand in it
- broken clock
- fidget cube
- tiny hydra speaker
- 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver
The following Funko pops:
- Tardis
- Dalek
- 10th Doctor
- cup full of pens and pointy things
- box set of William Shakespeare's Star Wars trilogy (so far I've only read Verily, A New Hope. Still have to read the other two.)

I had more Funko pops on my desk but I felt things were getting a bit cluttered. :rolleyes:
what I would like is a tiny Pandorica that opens and closes to make my house even more unbearably full.

Laptop
External Hard drive
2 FPGA boards
1 book
1 notebook
several sharpies
an arduino uno
several pens and pencils
2 usb flash drives
a travel mug
my phone
a lighter
an almost empty glass of milk

My phone, calculator, some jump drives, my remote caddy, some remotes, a mouse pad, my printer, my cable box and my android box.

1) ASUS computer monitor (tower drive computer next to the desk), no I don't even own a laptop, I like my massive tower drive, would rather edit photos on a proper monitor...

2) Thick book being used as monitor stand

3) and 4) A Dinky Toys Bedford CA van diecast car with Kodak markings on it, and a VW Beetle diecast toy with Shipley Photo Service markings... Because I like diecast toy cars and my photography...

5) Glass coaster, with a portrait in it, purchased from an art gallery a few years

6) On that glass coaster... Quite often a mug of coffee or a cup of water...

7) My smart phone

8) A note pad or two

9) A "Joe Cool" Snoopy stuffed toy

10) An Opus The Penguin stuffed toy (think Bloom County comic strip, if you remember)

11) An old desk lamp, possibly vintage

12) A plastic cowboy boot pen holder, full of pens and pencils

13) Various little bits of paper

14) A small wood box with various miscellaneous things on it

No desk at home I just type on my tablet. Sitting on the sofa or in bed. At work my office turns into a counselling room at night so I can't leave much although I do have two plants and two tin watering cans and I think I left a toy dog sitting there too when I left for the holiday he's one I use as a training aide. There's a cabinet I can stash what might otherwise be desk top stuff in it currently holds
jaffa cakes
crisps
snack pots
my laptop
Coffee pot
Cups
Coffee
Tea bags
Notes on loose sheets
Post it's
Pen's
Some files
Some tinned food

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::sunflower::sunflower::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::sunflower::sunflower::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Power switch box
Monitor
Satellite speakers (subwoofer on floor)
Computer tower
Overloaded CD rack of music I'm currently practicing to
Cell phone
House phone
A few dial up modems, one in use to connect to this forum
A few bottles of OTC meds
Roll of TP for my nose
Tweezers for pulling hairs that bug me
Bag of mints for my belly
A beanie baby bear that says "#1 dad" been sitting atop my computer tower for probably 8 years
Bottle of Powerade

That's just what's ON my desk. Below is the computer keyboard and an Edenpure heater. To the left are my music keyboards and bass amp below. To the right are more stacks of CDs, headphones, and various wiring tools and parts that I use often. Behind me is some books, important papers, and more CDs. (Yes I have a ton of music, with resale shops selling CDs sometimes for 50c, I can own more music now than I could have at any point in my past.) And 4 bass guitars. My little space in the corner of the unheated concrete basement, next to the water heater, boiler, and pump. Nobody bothers me down here.

A dalek?
How big is your desk?

Your home office in your tardis?

Oops, I guess I didn't use the right wording on my list...

- 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver
The following Funko pops:
- Tardis
- Dalek
- 10th Doctor

- cup full of pens and pointy things

I mean that I have Funko pops of the Tardis, Dalek, and Doctor. Funko pops are toy figurines. Not full size. Although, that would be amazing, lol.

what I would like is a tiny Pandorica

Yes, that would be so cool! :D

Can we write about items we would have on a desk if we did use a desk, hypothetically speaking? Because in that case, my desk would probably have a page-a-day calendar, my purple and green water bottle that has a picture of Oh from the Dreamworks movie Home on it, some stim toys (like my Tangle, my fidget pad, and my favorite tumbled rocks), my drawing notebook and a pen, my laptop, some small plastic toys and my favorite Tsum Tsum plushies. :D

Can we write about items we would have on a desk if we did use a desk, hypothetically speaking?
My desk would have the surround sound audio system (obviously not the speakers which need to be placed around the room) which I can't afford to buy right now or in the near future.

Don't have a desk, or more to the point, the desk is being used for my husband's untidy pile of paperwork.

We have an old rickety table and at other end is our laptops. My part, has my mouse on one side and a drinks mat on the other side. I also have a some ear plugs.

Happen to be a tidy person.

A computer
Monitor
Mouse
Mouse pad
Keyboard
Speakers
My coke
Alarm clock
Xbox One
Xbox One Controller
A sock