• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What good thing happened today?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
For me, I was able to take a nap on the bus on the way to work, and I woke up just a block away from my stop, which was very nice.

What nice things happened for you today?

i was able to make the light at an intersection i always am afraid of merging in! it's the little things. :)

Work was work, nothing terribly exciting :rolleyes:

But it's the weekend now, heading off shortly to an evening classic car cruise night, then heading off to a night market, looking forward to it... As autumn/winter approaches, it will be one of the last cruise nights, and tonight is the last outdoor night market of the year as well...

I visited an old graveyard in the south of the country. Most graves date to 1914-1918, not hard to guess why. It was very peaceful there, most of the tombs broken off or knocked over. The silent and gradual erasure of all past glories and tragedies. I like my Ozymandias. Had a good mood for the rest of the day.
20220916_152730.jpg

I figured out and proceeded to explain the Monty Hall problem to six people.
Bahaha. I've done this. So useless but fascinating.

It's been a rough, no good week. But I'll bite. Caught some anticrepuscular rays, or a reverse sunset (sunset was on the other side). Never knew what they were but now I know..
20220916_192747.jpg

I went sideways over a ledge and did not capsize!
Bravo! I used to play and sidesurf small drops and holes to practice for such. Sometimes when I was really stuck, I'd just twirl my paddle over my head before I deliberately overturned to get out. I had a friend who always liked to play and he'd always choose me. Once at First Drop on the Red R.(WI) i have a shot somebody took of us sidesurfing a tandem. I was in the bow, the downstream gunwale was nearly in the water and I am practically leaning on my paddle in a downstream low brace. We got in a nice ride.

I had two piano students who had stopped lessons because one of the children needed surgery on his face. A couple months passed, and today we started lessons again. Also, their mother said that she's going to take it more seriously this time and keep track of their practice and wanted me to write down detailed practice instructions so she could enforce them!

And me and my parents had dinner with one of my brothers, one who had recently moved out. He also suggested that we live together next year after his lease is up.

AND, I got a job interview!

I finished an assignment from my psychologist as part of my CPT, so I am trying to find ways I could forgive that younger me for his confusion and lack of understanding social convention that created so much hurt. I believe that the negative thoughts I told myself were an attempt to understand what was going on with me when I felt broken.

Now I will get to break this down to get to what is preventing me from a forgiveness I need. That is a great positive!

Last edited:
I got to chat with a very nice man on the phone ( which is a huge feat for me, since phones are frightening contraptions) and hope to start a bible study with him. We chatted for 45mins and it was interesting to say the least.

There I am, trying to help him, over the phone, to naviate around his Ipad, which is not easy, since I only ever had tablets and androids. When he pressed on an icon, to go into a study brochure, all it did was magnify! So, after chatting with a spiritual brother ( zoom), he went searching and found a potential solution, so I will phone this gentleman back today and hope with can move on with the bible study.

In the afternoon, had a study with a lovely lady, who really appreciates my struggles with interactions and this sunday, we are both going in person to my spiritual meeting.

Very stressful day for me, but also very satisfying.

Two photos from my evening out

#1 Classic car cruise night

A&W Cruise 08.jpg

#2 A night market, the last one of the year, this was taken not long before the market closed for the evening/for the year

Inglewood Night 07.jpg

I have 2 things actually. I know it says "one thing" but these made me really happy. I had an actual confirmation of a miracle revealed to me today, and I got to drive again today, and I'm pretty darn close to getting my license!

My coworkers got angry on my behalf bc someone apparently spoke rudely to me. I didn't notice that it was rude, but apparently it was and it made me happy when my coworkers stand up for me

I picked tomatoes on our allotment and then did my first shift at the farm shop. I did ok although I rang up over a thousand pounds for one customer! Oops. I think it's because I need to press harder on some keys on the old till we use, otherwise it just stays on the same line of numbers. Think it was around a £10 purchase total, so they wouldn'thave wanted to pay an additional £990... but I know how to minus it too. I'll learn... over time. I'm a volunteer which makes life easier, when learning new stuff. People are grateful you are trying to help, I mean.

My coworkers got angry on my behalf bc someone apparently spoke rudely to me. I didn't notice that it was rude, but apparently it was and it made me happy when my coworkers stand up for me
yes, that´s really cool

"what was good today"

don´t know, this question overcharges me lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom