• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What good thing happened today?

I got to examine the mechanism of a late-19th c. Chickering upright piano, one designed to be tuned to A435hz instead of A440hz. This is the late-Victorian concert standard and if you are playing old music, it sounds cool if you play it at A435 instead of the higher modern pitch.
This is one reason I have my old pump-organ, but if I had room for a piano I'd go pick that up and be in the middle of restoring it. (Pianos aren't exactly expensive because in the 21st century they are replaced by the electric keyboard. Rather sad, because the old pianos almost sound like they have a soul of their own.)

I am studying Florida Elder Abuse law which is really important. I need to conduct myself better. I also can call 911 if harassed by a male who doesn't take no for an answer.

I just noticed how much i have accomplished and continue to accomplish to this day without breaking Down and i feel like i don't have to be so hard on myself, if only for just one Day. I have the day all to myself today and i will enjoy it

What river? The Rainie Falls Fish Ladder on the Rogue (OR) is like a very vigorous series of ledges with no maneuvering room.
I'm took two days of white water instruction at Nantahala in North Carolina. I think this was a stretch of the Little Tennessee River. Class II. I have not much paddled white water as a solo paddler, hence the training.

I'm took two days of white water instruction at Nantahala in North Carolina. I think this was a stretch of the Little Tennessee River. Class II. I have not much paddled white water as a solo paddler, hence the training.
YES! NOC is a great place for training. I have done two weeks with them and some at the Madawaska Kanu Centre. The real fun in learning whitewater technique is being able to play in river features.

Last edited:
I went to pay for the parking, but the machine didn't work and when I tried to leave, thinking that I had paid, the display screen said that I still needed to pay. So I pressed the red button to speak to an attendant, and she said the payment hadn't gone through, to try again. So I did, and again, it didn't work. The machine must be faulty or something. So the attendant lifted the barrier for us and we left - without paying.

So we had free parking - for 10 days, that's a saving of 60 euros :)

Really started to see more good changes lately. its really nice to feel like by making more of an effort, resetting my routine to actually be more structured, having a “safe word” if I start looping in the negative downward spiral, it’s making small progress but I am getting there.

Yesterday l was upset about a guy at the store, however l realized l could call 911 if l continued to see him. But l had to work thru the emotion. I never at any time responded to him or engaged him in any interaction.

I made little black armbands for our soft toys who are going to watch the Queens funeral with us tomorrow. They all look very solemn.

I walked a dog and then played catch with her in her owner’s backyard. This dog loves attention.

The bank was sabotaging me today but no meltdowns. I think l told the banker, I don't want him waiting on me. But it doesn't matter, turnover at that bank is about every month, probably pay. Or location. Or people just don't want to work anymore.

Now l am just enjoying the cool breeze, sitting outside, drinking ice water. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom