• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think causes ASD?

SomeRandomAspie

Unspecified origin
What do you think causes Autism Spectrum Disorder?

My personal theory is the production of superoxide ions, and/or the increased expression of microglial surface proteins CD11b and DAP12, which initiate signal transduction leading to increased/unnecessary apoptosis.

from what IVE learned the countries with the highest cases are Japan and the UK i wonder if its a good source of protein plus family members reproducing with a family member who is too closely related
Japan does not have a high consumption of red meat
thats not enough though
i remember augusto odone discovered adreno leuco dystrophy was caused by a lack i think bad memory now of long chain fatty acids olive oil has the required acid to halt it at the childhood years

Probably someone got so fed up with people using academic vocabulary in everyday speech that they invented a psychiatric category for it.

from what IVE learned the countries with the highest cases are Japan and the UK i wonder if its a good source of protein plus family members reproducing with a family member who is too closely related
Japan does not have a high consumption of red meat
thats not enough though
i remember augusto odone discovered adreno leuco dystrophy was caused by a lack i think bad memory now of long chain fatty acids olive oil has the required acid to halt it at the childhood years
It can't be from proteins after birth, scientists are pretty sure ASD is determined before birth. I think it's definitely genetic. You should look into the DAP12 protein on the microglia cells. It's really interesting stuff!

i c
It can't be from proteins after birth, scientists are pretty sure ASD is determined before birth. I think it's definitely genetic. You should look into the DAP12 protein on the microglia cells. It's really interesting stuff!
i cant perceive and recall info anymore have brain damage from an infection then stopping a medicine too quickly
but i meant before birth

Seriously, though. You talk about it like it's a deficit. Why can't it just be a variation? If you somehow eradicate us, the people that are left will find the people that were closest to us while still being neurotypical to be odd and start over with them. It would never end.

Last edited:
The latest information I've read is that it's a protein(s) abundance / deficit related to multiple genes and their expression during brain development. Though they have identified SOME of the associated genes and SOME of the associated proteins, they don't really have a clear answer. "they" being the scientists and researchers.

Bottom line is this: Autism Spectrum Disorders are now considered to have a high probability of being of genetic origin. They have all but ruled out environmental exposure causes.

My personal opinion? If they bother looking long enough, they are going to find out that the "autism spectrum" is part of the "brain development spectrum" that includes what we now separate into neuro-typical and neuro-diverse and everything else (IQ, EQ, and all the other labels we stick on things)

Seriously, though. You talk about it like it's a deficit. Why can't it just be a variation? If you somehow eradicate us, the people that are left will find the people that were closest to us while still being neurotypical to be odd and start over with them. It would never end.
I totally think it's just a variation. The problem is we're the minority.

I read that it was on the opposite end of the brain pruning malfunction spectrum, from schizoid-type disorders- too little pruning makes the aspie brain somewhat "musclebound," [for want of a better term] IOW it can't seem to get out of its own way, whereas in schizophrenia too many neural connections have been pruned, resulting in a brain with buggy performance handling cognitions.

The neural path of the transmitter GABA seems to function imperfectly in the neuroconnectivity pathways of the brain. Initially it was thought that a lack of GABA or too little was responsible, however emerging research points to it not being an issue of the amount, but a fault in the way the brain processes it. This early research leading to this noticed that small amounts of GABA agonists were highly therapeutic for some on the spectrum. Mouse models confirmed that theory with low dose clonazepam (only low dose works, not standard doses). There have yet to be large adult trials in a double blind study. The GABA hypothesis would also explain why epilepsy and seizures are more common in the ASD.

My hypothesis is: that high current electricity mutates the genetic composition of a man's spirm, so at conception.

My grandfather worked around high current electricity as my father was conceived, my father was probably aspie.

My father worked around high current electricity as I was conceived, I'm self-diagnosed and my DNA indicated a higher probability for autism, AS.

My parents both smoked drank and partied hard. They were just kids having a kid. My mom and I both nearly didn't make it when I was being born. She actually lost consciousness while trying to have me. I have been told they had to bring her back, but not sure that is true. So maybe the lack of oxygen, from a lady who wasn't taking care of herself while pregnant??? I was told I was in trouble when they got me out, and it was very tense for a while, because I was having lots of trouble breathing. I have no idea, maybe it was just in the cards for me one way or the other. I have no known brain damage, just ASD and other stuff.

I just wonder when the day may come that people like us may be exterminated before birth, or even after birth. Its a sick thought I know, but its a sick world that has done sick things that make me wonder.

There are some very interesting and some very creative responses in here. I think it's not a question of what causes the mutations (it's definitely DNA based) but rather a question of what genes are mutated.

I've had my DNA sequenced which is what actually brought me to my self-diagnosis, it is fascinating.

IM only interested as id like the hypersensitivity to noise odour and light to stop
What do you think causes Autism Spectrum Disorder?

My personal theory is the production of superoxide ions, and/or the increased expression of microglial surface proteins CD11b and DAP12, which initiate signal transduction leading to increased/unnecessary apoptosis.

just found the name of the acid its erucic acid , IM glad the acid wasnt used without other constituents rapeseed oil was used as well olive oil and the vegetable oils are very healing IM curious that there ISNT a cure for adult ald ,but the other so called treatment!!! stem cell !!!is vile im glad that it ISNT working as well as people who only believe in science hoped

New Threads

Top Bottom