• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think causes ASD?

My parents both smoked drank and partied hard. They were just kids having a kid. My mom and I both nearly didn't make it when I was being born. She actually lost consciousness while trying to have me. I have been told they had to bring her back, but not sure that is true. So maybe the lack of oxygen, from a lady who wasn't taking care of herself while pregnant??? I was told I was in trouble when they got me out, and it was very tense for a while, because I was having lots of trouble breathing. I have no idea, maybe it was just in the cards for me one way or the other. I have no known brain damage, just ASD and other stuff.

I just wonder when the day may come that people like us may be exterminated before birth, or even after birth. Its a sick thought I know, but its a sick world that has done sick things that make me wonder.
I don't think extermination of aspies is very likely. THat would qualify as eugenics. If we start deleting embryos because they're different, soon we'll all be more inbred than royalty. Seriously, royalty has some serious incest. Inbreeding: A Royal Mess

They won't delete the embryos, just the genes.

Which means we can't pass it on.

But if the delete they autism, who says it will be replaced by neurotypicality? I think it will take a great deal of suffering on the part of autism-deleted children for the NTs (and the psychopaths, who masquerade as NTs) to realize their mistake.

They won't delete the embryos, just the genes.

Which means we can't pass it on.

But if the delete they autism, who says it will be replaced by neurotypicality? I think it will take a great deal of suffering on the part of autism-deleted children for the NTs (and the psychopaths, who masquerade as NTs) to realize their mistake.
Here's the deal. I don't think your understanding of how far we've gotten is quite right. You've already been born. If you want to go and remove a teen from all 70 trillion of your cells one by one, by all means go ahead. It won't even make that big of a difference after birth. Worst case you can't produce the right proteins and die. There isn't a clear cause for autism and if someone wants to edit my genes which are my property, they need my permission. Bill of rights. Read em and weep.

New Threads

Top Bottom