• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you hate?

i've seen that kind of thing, and it's sad i agree, however:
- not everyone is an intellectual pondering theoretical concepts, not everyone feels the need to live their lives based on the rigours of science and consistently benchmark and critique the values ad influences in their lives, some people enjoy the simplicity of being anonymous in an organised larger structure and find comfort in belief, and as long as they don't hurt anyone else that is there right
- i've lived in the us, the uk, france and germany, i find that the current european system is not indoctrinating and does not impose itself, many people are raised catholic but don't believe in god and move away from the belief part of it as they grow older
- clearly, not everything in the church is as it should be, but you cannot extrapolate/generalize that from that fact all of catholicism is bad, it is like saying that:
-1- sports should be banned because of a minority of fanatics that act like maniacal cult members devoted to their sports or coaches that are pedofiles
-2- companies should be banned because they have a structure and expect you to adhere to a corporate culture

you are basically saying that anything should be banned because it can be abused, because it didn't work out for a minority group of people and because some individuals have abused it for their own benefit.

by that reasoning, everything a company makes should be banned, every policy a government makes should be banned, every person that does anything for his or her own benefit at the expense of anyone else should be removed from society, police hospitals and any public service should be banned because these people can abuse their position, all medications should be banned because they can have negative effects for some people, etc

the church is kind of like the armed services, both have done a lot of unjustified awful damage in the name of ideals, but both have also been the source of much innovation to the benefit of mankind, the church was a driving force of architecture, literature, art, beer brewing :), it used to one of the main employer of artisans

in summary:
- religions are flawed, just like any other human social or other construct
- you don't need to believe in god to act like a good christian, christian values aren't even unique to catholicism
- don't throw the baby away with the bathwater, take from religion what is useful but scrutinise what is going wrong
- people that are misusing religion for their own benefit at other's expenses should be prosecuted

for the sake of clarity, i am in no way religious, for me this is just a thought exercise, definite and final opinions (should be banned, is all bad) always get me thinking as i believe that most things are not black and white,

i also appreciate your opinion, and i'm i no way saying that your are not entitled to it, i'm only saying that for some people religion can be a helpful positive element in their lives, these people have the right to experience their religion as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, clearly religion can also be dangerous and should monitored for abuses, but this is the case for almost anything in life and in my opinion that's not a sufficient reason to scrap it
Here are my problems with religion:
-it can be abused, even if it isn't always misused.
-most religious people disrespect scientific findings.
-45% of people in the US don't believe in eveolution.
-people don't need science as a coping mechanism. They could use other coping mechanism or try not caring.
-if there was no religion science would progress much faster.

And here is my "Is God Real" checklist:
- There's no evidence!
- God doesn't stop the evil in the world, and God himself committed plenty of it.
- Drowning just about everything alive?... not a sign of love.
- The opening lines of the Bible are wrong. Why believe the rest of it?
- Prayer has never fixed anything physically impossible. Why won't God heal amputees?
- There are thousands of Gods you don't believe in. What makes yours any different?
- Where you're born essentially determines what you believe. Why is the truth based on geography?
- Who created God? And how does your answer to that make any sense?
- Pediatric cancer
- Unconditional love shouldn't come with a list of conditions.
- Every supposed miracles gets debunked eventually.
- The Ten Commandments he gave left off Don't Rape and Slavery's Not Okay.
- The movies and music that honor God... are awful!
- The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
- No hide and seek game lasts this long
- Science explains so much of what we used to attribute to God
- The more we learn, the less reason we have to believe in God
- If you tried to explain your religious mythology to someone who had never heard it before, you'd sound crazy.
- If God didn't exist, the world would probably look exactly as it does now.
- If God existed, he would smite me now.

Here are my problems with religion:
-it can be abused, even if it isn't always misused.
-most religious people disrespect scientific findings.
-45% of people in the US don't believe in eveolution.
-people don't need science as a coping mechanism. They could use other coping mechanism or try not caring.
-if there was no religion science would progress much faster.

And here is my "Is God Real" checklist:
- There's no evidence!
- God doesn't stop the evil in the world, and God himself committed plenty of it.
- Drowning just about everything alive?... not a sign of love.
- The opening lines of the Bible are wrong. Why believe the rest of it?
- Prayer has never fixed anything physically impossible. Why won't God heal amputees?
- There are thousands of Gods you don't believe in. What makes yours any different?
- Where you're born essentially determines what you believe. Why is the truth based on geography?
- Who created God? And how does your answer to that make any sense?
- Pediatric cancer
- Unconditional love shouldn't come with a list of conditions.
- Every supposed miracles gets debunked eventually.
- The Ten Commandments he gave left off Don't Rape and Slavery's Not Okay.
- The movies and music that honor God... are awful!
- The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
- No hide and seek game lasts this long
- Science explains so much of what we used to attribute to God
- The more we learn, the less reason we have to believe in God
- If you tried to explain your religious mythology to someone who had never heard it before, you'd sound crazy.
- If God didn't exist, the world would probably look exactly as it does now.
- If God existed, he would smite me now.

so basically:
(1) everything that can lead to or be abused, should be banned, does that include life?
(2) the world would be better off without religious people, as they don't contribute to the progress of science, what do you suggest 'camps' 'genetic engineering' ?
(3) because you as an individual (and i also agree) that there is no god, religion should be banned for all those that find comfort or anything positive in religion
(4) science is the holy grail, who do you think has made all of the worlds weaponry possible, Da Vinca designed killing machines as a hobby

i am not at all disputing that god doesn't exist,
but religion is more to many people than the ritualistic god fearing elements of it

even when one is right, one should be able to have his/her opinion while respecting that of others
if a guy is on his deathbed, about to die, smiling while reminiscing on his 15 years of happy marriage, appreciating how lucky hie was to have met his wife, are you going to be the one to tell him his wife cheated on him all his married life, just for the sake of intellectual integrity?
by the same token, an old lady is about to die and has found peace in her pending death by believing that there is life after death, are you going to go tell her 'haha enjoy the worms because there isn't anything else' just to prove you are right

of course, where any social construct is used to damage the well being of anyone, it should be addressed, but occasionally allowing people there illusions is the compassionate thing to do, live and let live

anyway, thank you for the exchange of thoughts

Last edited:
so basically:
(1) everything that can lead to or be abused, should be banned, does that include life?
(2) the world would be better off without religious people, as they don't contribute to the progress of science, what do you suggest 'camps' 'genetic engineering' ?
(3) because you as an individual (and i also agree) that there is no god, religion should be banned for all those that find comfort or anything positive in religion
(4) science is the holy grail, who do you think has made all of the worlds weaponry possible, Da Vinca designed killing machines as a hobby

i am not at all disputing that god doesn't exist,
but religion is more to many people than the ritualistic god fearing elements of it

even when one is right, one should be able to have his/her opinion while respecting that of others
if a guy is on his deathbed, about to die, smiling while reminiscing on his 15 years of happy marriage, appreciating how lucky hie was to have met his wife, are you going to be the one to tell him his wife cheated on him all his married life, just for the sake of intellectual integrity?
by the same token, an old lady is about to die and has found peace in her pending death by believing that there is life after death, are you going to go tell her 'haha enjoy the worms because there isn't anything else' just to prove you are right

of course, where any social construct is used to damage the well being of anyone, it should be addressed, but occasionally allowing people there illusions is the compassionate thing to do, live and let live

anyway, thank you for the exchange of thoughts
I would respond but as tree said this is an autism forum not a religious debate forum.

I made a vow when I was 8 to never do drugs, never smoke, never drink alcohol (in fact only drink water and medicine, and yes I know smoking is a drug as well as alcohol - which is the most common drug).

I hate bullies and that is one of the worst things in my life.

My worst fear is that I will never become a scientist.

I hate oranges, milk & eggs (unless in baked goods), well most fruit really, as well as pumpkin.

I have nothing against Christians in general but I have a vendetta against the religion and what it has done to people like Geodarno Bruno (burned at the stake in 1600 by the church for saying that there are other planets with other lifeforms out there), Galileo Galilei, and gay people. Religion should not get in the way of science and politics.

I hate ISIS but I understand that some people join because:

• They may be uneducated
  • They may be forced to
  • They may need money or medicine for them or their family
  • They don't know what it involves
More to come....
Limo

so you think science is omniscient and that eugenics is a good pure idea?
They forget how many were killed by the Atheists in WWII and Atheist Eugenics people in Germany and other places.
Most people don't even know now days the Eugenics movement came from Darwins selection of the fittest arguments.
They blame Religion but Hitler was a Darwinist through and through behind the curtain...he used selection purification arguments to justify everything.
Aspies also forget who got gassed first...hint is wasn't the Jews, or the communists or gypsies...it was us on the spectrum.
The Entire Eugenics movement is based on Darwinian selection laws, and devoted to wiping us out.
They are still around too...sneaking around sterilizing aspies without permission in hospitals.
Very very Evil people!
Christians don't need to worry about purifying the human race they trust God to fix whatever needs fixing later.

-people who treat me differently after they know I'm an aspie (only like 4 people know).
-creationists
-religious indoctrination of children who don't know the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism (it's basically ideologic slavery)
-religion itself (if tomorrow I woke up and there was no religion, I honestly think the world would be a better place)
-people who don't put the research in and then just spout off whatever sounds good (religion)
-the bible
-the Quran
-the Talmud
-the Upanishads
-The analects
-the Vedas
You get the gist
-people who say they're atheists but are just rebellious teens
-people who tell me "I'll pray for you" (in every "bless you" or "I'll pray for you" that's said to an atheist, there's a little tiny... that's not appropriate for this forum) (I'll think for you too, clearly you could use the help)

Most people who share their religious convictions do so because they desire what is best for the other person. They wouldn't share the good in their lives if they didn't care for the other person.

Epilepsy, ableists, salmon and most fish (strong smell and slimed texture), people who talk to me like a baby, noise, food touching, English lessons, being Celiac, public speaking, work not challenging me and itchy clothes.

I real mix I know.

I'll repress my proclivity to be comprehensive by listing a few dislikes and leaving forthwith:
  • Being outside during the winter (I'm Canadian and I hate it)
  • Any academic subject that isn't mathematical
  • Acoustic guitars, country music, rap music

I'll repress my proclivity to be comprehensive by listing a few dislikes and leaving forthwith:
  • Being outside during the winter (I'm Canadian and I hate it)
  • Any academic subject that isn't mathematical
  • Acoustic guitars, country music, rap music

Acoustic guitars????

I hate entitled and spoiled people who get away with everything. This summer at the daycare I worked at. We had a boy who every day would beat up other children and get away with it because his mother was good friends with one of the teachers. I and another teacher were his primary teachers, not his mother's friend. Beating up kids wasn't all he would do. He would also try to climb over the fence at least once a week, refuse to clean up, jump on and break furniture, and on my last day there he threw up and eat his lunch again repeatedly just to make me sick for fun. The one time we did put our feet down and were allowed to let him skip a field trip for his behavior, his mom took him out for ice cream. Kids don't learn from their mistakes that way!! How is ever going to improve? I felt sorry for the kindergarten teacher that got him as a student this year.

Prawns and lobster and crabs, the last time I ate any of them I spewed half-digested shellfish all over a restaurant table. My nephew later said, "They're aquatic insects that eat all the fish excrement (he said poop) on the ocean floor, bottom feeders". Crabs seem to eat eat algae but are omnivores, lobsters eat fish and other creatures like clams, prawns seem to eat decaying organic matter.

Last edited:
Prawns and lobster and crabs, the last time I ate any of them I spewed half-digested shellfish all over a restaurant table. My nephew later said, "They're aquatic insects that eat all the fish excrement (he said poop) on the bottom of the ocean, bottom feeders". I tend to agree with him.

The one and only time I ate crab legs I got a stomach virus the next day. I doubt I will ever come close to another one. It was all you can eat too, so I was stuffed. Not my fondest memory.

New Threads

Top Bottom