• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you hate?

i dislike:
- people that think that the equal right to opportunities is the same as an equal right to results
- people who equate popularity to intelligence
- people who expect tolerance of others while offering no discipline or any consideration to others
- people who use 'freedom and liberty' to question rules that are for the common good because those rules don't suit them as an individual for some reason
- rude people who can't even manage to learn manners or learn how to act politely amongst people (it's not like it requires any form of intellect, as cartman said on southpark 'they wack diwscipline' - bad chinese accent)
- people who (try to) abuse reason to get their way (i don't let them :) )
- people who chew loudly
- people who speak with food in their mouth
- people who interrupt
- the happy bouncy the world is pink and everything is awesome people
- the why aren't you like me people
- people that equate creativity and expression to vulgar narcissism and transparent self promotion (selfie and twitter generation)
- adults that emulate the behaviour of children
- people that are not open to questioning the limitations of their own life experiences
- drama kings and queens, especially people who create shallow drama for the sake of getting attention
- people who think the packaging is more important than the content
- victimhood culture
- current culture of immediate gratification, i.e. the entitlement generations
- people who don't keep their word and lie
- people who force the consequences of their lack of discipline and organisation on me, and then say i'm the one that's being unreasonable
- people who raise children less well than an average dog is trained
- people who use empathy and social responsibility as a facade to enrichen themselves (at least companies are honest about wanting to make tonnes of money)
- people who think that wanting to enjoy their own personal freedom means they can do it at the expense the freedom of others
- people who label others as 'not a team player' or 'bitter' or 'antisocial' or 'unproductive' etc because they point out mistakes, flaws and weaknesses to the irrationally confident and exuberant crowd
- (marketing) people who try to make an 'image' out of everything, give people unrealistic expectations of themselves, and promote the 'i want it so i'm entitled to it' mentality
- and so on and so on...

looking at my list, i guess i may not be a people person,
but that's fine with me, :)
long live the cyborgs :)

ps hope i haven't offended anyone

Last edited:
Things I hate are:
Loosing a fish that I almost caught.
Smoking
alcohol
Entitled, rude people
Politics
Presenting in front of people

-people who treat me differently after they know I'm an aspie (only like 4 people know).
-creationists
-religious indoctrination of children who don't know the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism (it's basically ideologic slavery)
-religion itself (if tomorrow I woke up and there was no religion, I honestly think the world would be a better place)
-people who don't put the research in and then just spout off whatever sounds good (religion)
-the bible
-the Quran
-the Talmud
-the Upanishads
-The analects
-the Vedas
You get the gist
-people who say they're atheists but are just rebellious teens
-people who tell me "I'll pray for you" (in every "bless you" or "I'll pray for you" that's said to an atheist, there's a little tiny... that's not appropriate for this forum) (I'll think for you too, clearly you could use the help)

Last edited:
-people who treat me differently after they know I'm an aspie (only like 4 people know).
-religious indoctrination of children who don't know the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism (it's basically ideologic slavery)
-religion itself (if tomorrow I woke up and there was no religion, I honestly think the world would be a better place)

i am a catholic but not practicing, while i am not a believer, i do however see certain positives to a catholic upbringing:
- you can grow out of 'indoctrinated' religion to retain those values that are universal
- it teaches you a sense of duty and responsibility, i.e. doing things because they are right not because its been made entertaining
- they teach structure and discipline
- there's nothing wrong with the 'non-godly' part of what's in the 10 commandments,a lot of it are just universal common sense values

what you may call ideological slavery, other people may see as solace and comfort, who are we to judge as long as they don't impose their convictions on others

intelligence, self awareness, independence, free thinking, scientific, logical thinking does not necessarily make for a happy person

i am a catholic but not practicing, while i am not a believer, i do however see certain positives to a catholic upbringing:
- you can grow out of 'indoctrinated' religion to retain those values that are universal
- it teaches you a sense of duty and responsibility, i.e. doing things because they are right not because its been made entertaining
- they teach structure and discipline
- there's nothing wrong with the 'non-godly' part of what's in the 10 commandments,a lot of it are just universal common sense values

what you may call ideological slavery, other people may see as solace and comfort, who are we to judge as long as they don't impose their convictions on others

intelligence, self awareness, independence, free thinking, scientific, logical thinking does not necessarily make for a happy person

i've seen that kind of thing, and it's sad i agree, however:
- not everyone is an intellectual pondering theoretical concepts, not everyone feels the need to live their lives based on the rigours of science and consistently benchmark and critique the values ad influences in their lives, some people enjoy the simplicity of being anonymous in an organised larger structure and find comfort in belief, and as long as they don't hurt anyone else that is there right
- i've lived in the us, the uk, france and germany, i find that the current european system is not indoctrinating and does not impose itself, many people are raised catholic but don't believe in god and move away from the belief part of it as they grow older
- clearly, not everything in the church is as it should be, but you cannot extrapolate/generalize that from that fact all of catholicism is bad, it is like saying that:
-1- sports should be banned because of a minority of fanatics that act like maniacal cult members devoted to their sports or coaches that are pedofiles
-2- companies should be banned because they have a structure and expect you to adhere to a corporate culture

you are basically saying that anything should be banned because it can be abused, because it didn't work out for a minority group of people and because some individuals have abused it for their own benefit.

by that reasoning, everything a company makes should be banned, every policy a government makes should be banned, every person that does anything for his or her own benefit at the expense of anyone else should be removed from society, police hospitals and any public service should be banned because these people can abuse their position, all medications should be banned because they can have negative effects for some people, etc

the church is kind of like the armed services, both have done a lot of unjustified awful damage in the name of ideals, but both have also been the source of much innovation to the benefit of mankind, the church was a driving force of architecture, literature, art, beer brewing :), it used to one of the main employer of artisans

in summary:
- religions are flawed, just like any other human social or other construct
- you don't need to believe in god to act like a good christian, christian values aren't even unique to catholicism
- don't throw the baby away with the bathwater, take from religion what is useful but scrutinise what is going wrong
- people that are misusing religion for their own benefit at other's expenses should be prosecuted

for the sake of clarity, i am in no way religious, for me this is just a thought exercise, definite and final opinions (should be banned, is all bad) always get me thinking as i believe that most things are not black and white,

i also appreciate your opinion, and i'm i no way saying that your are not entitled to it, i'm only saying that for some people religion can be a helpful positive element in their lives, these people have the right to experience their religion as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, clearly religion can also be dangerous and should monitored for abuses, but this is the case for almost anything in life and in my opinion that's not a sufficient reason to scrap it

Last edited:
-creationists
-people who don't put the research in and then just spout off whatever sounds good (religion)
-the bible
-the Quran
-the Talmud
-the Upanishads
-The analects
-the Vedas
You get the gist
-people who tell me "I'll pray for you" (in every "bless you" or "I'll pray for you" that's said to an atheist, there's a little tiny... that's not appropriate for this forum) (I'll think for you too, clearly you could use the help)

Off topic: have you read "Life of Pi" ?
It basicly says we pick the story (or religion ) that offends us the least, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Hmm...I hate cooked onions...and some other cooked vegies.
I hate aggressive people that try to manipulate or take advantage of me...or Trick me...or make fun of me...or harass me...or mock me...or attack me...or... I will think of something?:rolleyes:
I hate strange crowds of people!:confused:
Strange food with nameless evil bits in it!:confused:
I hate heavy traffic!:eek:.....:car::bus::lorry::fireengine::minibus::truck::bluecar::taxi:
I also hate surprises:eek:
And I hate paper work!:confused:
And I hate shopping in strange stores mostly.:confused:

Injustice. I get meltdowns. That tends to cover a wide range of subjects.

I hate potentious people. Ones who smile, but are cold as ice.

I hate spicy foods. Peppers, tomato ketchup; beetroot ( only because of the strong colour, that turns my tummy), rasperries and cherries, lamb.

I HATE WITH A PASSION FLIES.

Hate abuse to animals, despite not being an animal lover.

Tons more, but can't think of them presently.

To add: people staring at me. People commenting about me, when unasked for.

People being cruel just for fun.

Rap music lol

Loud, sudden noises and always jump without fail.

How I feel out of control when it is not one to one.
If I am a mute, mousy, Borg, with a fly swatter do I pass?:p

Haha too many things to list. Some examples, in no particular order.

Violence
Human predators
Bullying
Indifference
Crime
Cruelty
Conflict
Deadly diseases
The human capability of dying young
Overreactions
Liars
Weekday mornings
Making mistakes at work
My extremely emotional behavior
Being lonely
Being anxious all the time
Being sleepy at the wrong times
The Unknown
Ambiguous laws (like the CFAA)
Bureaucrats
Opportunistic cops
Opportunistic judges
Murphy's Law
Drunk drivers
Internet outages
Power outages
Last minute changes (unless they're good)
Bad weather forcing me to cancel plans
Mosquitoes
Fake people!!!!!! That's a big ugh.
A bunch of other stuff...

Haha too many things to list. Some examples, in no particular order.

Violence
Human predators
Bullying
Indifference
Crime
Cruelty
Conflict
Deadly diseases
The human capability of dying young
Overreactions
Liars
Weekday mornings
Making mistakes at work
My extremely emotional behavior
Being lonely
Being anxious all the time
Being sleepy at the wrong times
The Unknown
Ambiguous laws (like the CFAA)
Bureaucrats
Opportunistic cops
Opportunistic judges
Murphy's Law
Drunk drivers
Internet outages
Power outages
Last minute changes (unless they're good)
Bad weather forcing me to cancel plans
Mosquitoes
Fake people!!!!!! That's a big ugh.
A bunch of other stuff...
They have a joke in Germany it goes like this: Everything is illegal....anything else you can do!....:p...:rolleyes:

Sorry! your list reminded me of that for some reason!

-creationists
-the bible
-the Quran
-the Talmud
-the Upanishads
-The analects
-the Vedas
You get the gist

Just to say that religion is just a word to denote anything that one is passionate about.

If I am a mute, mousy, Borg, with a fly swatter do I pass?:p

Nope, because the disgusting creatures are lurking somewhere dead.

We use fly paper and although repulsive to look at, rather they were on there, than hovering over me, whilst I cook.

I regret with passion, having watched a film once called: the fly. I did not intensionallly watch i; it was just on the tv and I was watching in fascinated horror and thought: they cannot be that bad and saidly discovered they were even worse and even if one landed briefly on my food, that is it, I cannot eat the food.

I am not the only one now, I have met an NT who despises them too.

We use fly paper and although repulsive to look at, rather they were on there, than hovering over me, whilst I cook.

I regret with passion, having watched a film once called: the fly. I did not intensionallly watch i; it was just on the tv and I was watching in fascinated horror and thought: they cannot be that bad and saidly discovered they were even worse and even if one landed briefly on my food, that is it, I cannot eat the food.

That move was the first movie I ever saw in a theater...went with some friends had no idea what we were in for...saw it in giant stomach turning living color.:eek:....:bee:
It was a very very long time before I ever went to a movie again...I still don't really like theaters much...they are too loud and make me nervous!

I understand on the flies...my dad leaves the dirty fly swatter on the kitchen counter...it totally grosses me out.

Okra

Also flies. As yourre in the uk you may have seen brian harvey with flies on the celebrity im in the jungle thing.
That clip has to be somewhere.

Essentially they encased him in a see through tomb and threw in more and more flies.
He went mad and is still mad.
Although ne did run over himself in his car beofre this,but the flies didnt help him none.

You know what's one of my biggest pet peeves? The severe lack of lesbian fanfiction, esp. the fact that what is available is usually written by men as opposed to actual lesbian/bisexual women... You can always tell a guy wrote it when the anatomical details of the female characters are off... For example, I once read a Madoka Magica lesbian fanfiction where Madoka was mentioned to have an Adam's apple in spite of the fact that in both the story and in canon she is a cis woman... :confused:

People who don't listen to me, including Pub Waiters/Waitresses who think I want Salad with my meals!
People who slag off people on benefits, Daily Mail readers basically, I can't help not being able to work!
Employers who openly discriminate against the disabled, despite it being illegal to do so.
Indian call centres, I'm not racist but their English is so bad they don't understand my accent!
Scottish call centres, I can vaguely translate a strong Scottish accent, but can they understand me? Nope!
Being accused of being retarded by clueless people who don't understand Autism
People who don't acknowledge emails I send, especially long ones! So annoying!
The ever changing exchange rate between the UK Pound and US Dollar, price for singsnap.com Gold account changes every month, sometimes it goes up, sometimes down.
The fact I've been buying National Lottery tickets from Tesco for the last 5 years and not won anything.
The fact I've been trying for the last 25 years to get a job but can't because I have disabilities.
The British Conservative Government, Theresa May needs to become an unemployment statistic ASAP IMO, I voted Labour last Election.
Internet trolls
Sony zealots
Nintendo fanboys
Apple fanboys (I used to have an Iphone and I loved it, but their fanboys are clearly a bunch of morons)

Last edited:
Off topic: have you read "Life of Pi" ?
It basicly says we pick the story (or religion ) that offends us the least, no matter how ridiculous it is.
No, I haven't. I don't have the time to read that type of book. Stuck between internet, homework, friends, and my own study interests.

New Threads

Top Bottom