• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you call your parents????

TotodilePika

OK so, I never call my parents mom and dad. I call them by there names. Does anyone else do this, or call them something else completely?

I called my own aunties Mrs. Wilson, and Mrs. Adams respectivly. Mother,I just called her 'La rosa d' tequila', she did not mind.
as she liked the drink.

@CJTheCreepingOne: :lol:

---

I just call them mum and dad but they don't live together so I'm pretty much in a house with a single mum.

***** and Bastard. ;)
:lol: Ouch!

I call may parents Mom and Dad. Incidentally, I call my stepfather (whom I grew up with) Papa, a term pulled out of the book Little House in the Big Woods. Me and my sister didn't want to call him Dad but wanted to give him some kind of honorific name, so we went with that name (which the girl in the book calls her father). My stepmother, who I see once or twice a year for a week or so, I call by her first name.

Mom & dad. But when speaking directly to them, I don't call them anything; I just talk to them. When referring to my parents to others I just call them mom or dad, which depends on which parent I'm referring to (perhaps even both).

OK so, I never call my parents mom and dad. I call them by there names. Does anyone else do this, or call them something else completely?

For my mom, I call her by her nickname. :) As for my dad, I just call him daddy. When I am angry, I call him by his nickname (the one people call him). To bad I can't call him Homer Simpson (the Colombian version of Homer) XD! But then again, that shows disrespect and would hurt his feelings. :( Then again... he'll just call me Lisa Simpson knowing his sense of humour. Yup, that is where I get my humour from.

***** and Bastard. ;) LOL, not really, they're Mum and Dad to me.

LOL! That is so wrong! Good thing you don't do that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the relative that raised me, she could had trained me to call her mom or auntie but instead she taught me to call her by her first name.

I call my grandpa, grandpa. My grandma, grandma, I call Grandma L, Grandma L or by her name. I am not disclosing relative's names here. :p

I call my distance auntie's, auntie. I have a few uncles I call "Uncle -insert name here-" or by their first name.

Mummy, Daddy, Nanny, Granddad respectively. When I used to teach swimming at my Mums swimschool and she was teaching at the other end of the pool, I would wave my arms to get her attention because I didn't want to shout mummy.

when i was little i called my mom by her name linda because she would never respond to mom ...now it's mom

I call my parents Mum and Dad. I would never call them Mother and Father as that seems too formal. Likewise, I wouldn't use Ma and Da as that is too informal. Also, I would never use there first names as that would be rude/disrespectful.

For my mother, I usually call her mum, ma, mami, mothAR (when I'm teasing her).
Dad walked out when I was 4, then recently got in contact with me a couple of months ago... I don't call his attention with the title "Dad" then start talking to him, I just... start talking to him. xD When referring him to other people, I call him by his name.

I used to call them (they have died) Mama and Papa (it's normal for my country) but my mother insisted to be addressed as 'You' (respectfully, sounds like plural form) not 'you' (casually). There is a difference in my language: in most cases correct addressing to the superior and some peers it's mostly 'You', to the most peers and youngers - it's 'you'.
Addressing "You" toward a parent is long out of use by now. But I used it because it gave me some mental distance from my parents.
I startle when I'm addressed by my first name (and it's social norm and rule to address each other by names). I fight hard to be addressed as "You" with my name - to get as much distance as I can from a speaking person.
I wish there were addressing forms akin 'miss Smith' in Russian language - it sounds so safely distant for me!
Though I was told that in English-speaking countries they are out of use as well.
Many people want to be addressed as "you" and their name. And I would feel easier and more comfortable for me to call everyone else as 'You' (more neutrally and distantly).

New Threads

Top Bottom