• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you call your parents????

Once I reached my teens I called my mother by her first name but my dad has always been Pa right up until he died.

I called my dad Dad (Daddy when I was little) and my stepmum by her first name.

"The Progenitors." :D I call my father "Dad." My dear mother has passed from this world, but I called her "Mom."

I call them Mom and Dad. When I was younger I called them mommy and daddy, but I think that I stopped in like middle school and picked up "mom" and "dad".

I posted earlier. I've realised that I have no problem calling my parent mammy and papa but then not sure what to say when talking about them with other people. Here Papa is not common so I may say "my mum/dad said "or "..James said" (an example James isn't my dads real name). Whatever I say I feel awkward- using mum/dad makes me me feel I'm almost not an adult, using the same seems formal and weird.

I don't remember what I called my parents when I was a kid. Probably mommy and daddy.

My mother's parents are Papa (deceased) and Nana.
My father's parents (both deceased) were Grandma and Grandpa.

New Threads

Top Bottom