• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

We're bound to go extinct by 2050, scientists say

All-Rounder

❃⚜uwu awoo uwu⚜❃
V.I.P Member
There have been made miscalculations and we have been misinformed about how fast extinction is coming our way.

'At the last international climate conference the IPCC failed to:

a. warn the public of both the actual severity of future global warming consequences and,

b. how soon these consequences will actually begin occurring.'

The Job One for Humanity Story and the Latest Global Warming Facts

Most of the consequences are already occurring around the world at various levels. A few will soon be occurring as global warming continues to increase our average global temperature.

The 20 Worst Global Warming Consequences

We're bound to go extinct by 2050, scientists say * citation needed. Seriously as far as I am aware no scientists are saying this, unless a research paper has come out over the last 2 weeks (I'm a little behind on my research) and if they have then it does not reflect the consensus among climate scientists.

But yeah, we've been screaming into the void about how serious climate change is and how fast we have to act to stop it for decades. Alas the vast majority have no interest in listening to a bunch of scientists, as it does not support the capitalist drive for endless growth, and even those who do listen tend to think that "someone else" should be the ones to make it happen. The fact that there are still people who don't "believe" (as if it's a religion not fact) in climate change is really sad.

I took a quick glance at the site you linked, and they do get a few things wrong and over exaggerate others, but generally they're sharing decent information. I'm not a fan of the alarmist rambling though, it's not very accessible.

We're bound to go extinct by 2050, scientists say * citation needed. Seriously as far as I am aware no scientists are saying this, unless a research paper has come out over the last 2 weeks (I'm a little behind on my research) and if they have then it does not reflect the consensus among climate scientists.

But yeah, we've been screaming into the void about how serious climate change is and how fast we have to act to stop it for decades. Alas the vast majority have no interest in listening to a bunch of scientists, as it does not support the capitalist drive for endless growth, and even those who do listen tend to think that "someone else" should be the ones to make it happen. The fact that there are still people who don't "believe" (as if it's a religion not fact) in climate change is really sad.

I took a quick glance at the site you linked, and they do get a few things wrong and over exaggerate others, but generally they're sharing decent information. I'm not a fan of the alarmist rambling though, it's not very accessible.

It shouldn't require obvious citations since the data is constructed from research results done by actual scientists. The article already specified that there has been new data announced by the scientists that is more accurate and points to a shorter time-span which will be needed for uninhabitable conditions to be formed (by 2050).

But if you insist,
(warning! this content might present alarming ememes) make sure you skim slowly
Citation:
Climate change report: Human civilization at risk by 2050, according to new Australian climate change analysis - CBS News

Beats me how you could keep up with all the world's scientific data posted daily to say there is little chance you missed any. Where do you read it from?

Extinction is 100% of humanity.
"bring about the extinction of as much as 70-90 percent of humanity as well as trigger economic, political and social chaos within our lifetimes."
70-90% < 100%.

Imagine how quiet it'll be.

Extinction is 100% of humanity.
"bring about the extinction of as much as 70-90 percent of humanity as well as trigger economic, political and social chaos within our lifetimes."
70-90% < 100%.

Imagine how quiet it'll be.

"If you're a pragmatist, this (and the other dozen or so reasons we will not be able to stop escalating global warming for as much as another 30-50 years found on this page, means we will not be able to prevent massive global temperature increases, horrendous climate calamities, and the near extinction or extinction of humanity far sooner than imagined."

Hard to think they'll last days after ocean oxygen ends [phytoplankton is responsible for up to 70% oxygen, rest is plants which already cease growth due to sudden climate shifts and die due to floods and warming].
Luckily there are human colonies on the moon. Last on the moon is a fossil!

Last edited:
It looks like it's saying this is the worse-case scenario and it's only if nothing is done and even then it's just a series of possibilities. It seems similar to saying nothing at all. :eek:

It looks like it's saying this is the worse-case scenario and it's only if nothing is done and even then it's just a series of possibilities. It seems similar to saying nothing at all. :eek:

The climate change is nothing new, yet not much was able to be done over the recent years and much of the issue kept being dismissed and even claimed it isn't happening, that the global warming is a myth. Better to duck than be worry.

Last edited:
The climate change is nothing new, yet not much was able to be done over the recent years and much of the issue kept being dismissed and even claimed it isn't happening, that the global warming is a myth. Better to duck than be worry.

Duck! :D

Scary stuff. The general trend I believe is that things are happening faster then expected. Unfortunately the trend also seems to be people won't react till their house really is under water. We have actually known this was coming for a long time. The first CO2 warnings started in the 1930's. By the 1960's the general public knew the environment was going down the tubes. One can hope people will avoid actual extinction, but a large die-off seems likely to me at some point in the not too distant future. Nature will have its way ultimately. I am curious what the next rulers of the planet will be. Once Dinosaurs 'ruled the world', there was an age of Trilobites, etc. I am rooting for Ants. Wonderful little creatures and collectively quite smart in their way. It has been estimated 1/2 the total biomass of the planet is ants. I'd rather see that then it go all the way back to fungi or something similarly icky.

It shouldn't require obvious citations since the data is constructed from research results done by actual scientists. The article already specified that there has been new data announced by the scientists that is more accurate and points to a shorter time-span which will be needed for uninhabitable conditions to be formed (by 2050).

But if you insist,
(warning! this content might present alarming ememes) make sure you skim slowly
Citation:
Climate change report: Human civilization at risk by 2050, according to new Australian climate change analysis - CBS News

Beats me how you could keep up with all the world's scientific data posted daily to say there is little chance you missed any. Where do you read it from?

Don't want to appear to be ganging up on you, but I have to agree with NothingToSeeHere. Yes, things are going to be pretty serious by 2050, but being "at risk" isn't quite the same thing as becoming extinct. Reputable scientists have stopped trying to downplay the dangers in the attempt to keep the public from panicking, so things are suddenly looking much worse, at least for anyone who depends on mainstream media for their information. I make a point of following reports on ongoing climate change, and I haven't seen any claims that extinction is on the menu by then. But I don't read material from sites that get their material at third hand. It's very easy to sensationalize, much harder to make the facts clear for the average reader.

"If you're a pragmatist, this (and the other dozen or so reasons we will not be able to stop escalating global warming for as much as another 30-50 years found on this page, means we will not be able to prevent massive global temperature increases, horrendous climate calamities, and the near extinction or extinction of humanity far sooner than imagined."

Hard to think they'll last days after ocean oxygen ends [phytoplankton is responsible for up to 70% oxygen, rest is plants which already cease growth due to sudden climate shifts and die due to floods and warming].
Luckily there are human colonies on the moon. Last on the moon is a fossil!

Wow! "the 13 reasons why global warming may already be out of our meaningful control for as much as the next 30-50 years" Sorry, but this just confirms my suspicion that this is a site not to be trusted. Many scientists are saying it's quite possible that global warming is already out of our control. And if it is, or will be very soon, there's exactly zero chance that we will be able to change that in any following time span, much less the next 30-50 years.

And where in the world did you ever get the idea there are human colonies on the moon? Or was that meant to be a joke?

I think that a massive die off of humanity is almost certain within the next few decades. Historically, meaning starting at the dawn of widely spread agriculture, the human population of earth was around 500 million. That number remained steady until the Industrial Age, when it slowly crept up to maybe 1 billion by 1910 CE. Even that was likely past the earth's carrying capacity, since two huge wars followed. By 1946 CE it was down to maybe 900-950 million.

Starting around 1950 CE, the planet has added 1 billion humans every decade! Now we are at ~7.7 billion, and 100 million are added every YEAR! We haven't been able to stop the runaway train, despite constant warnings about a "population bomb". Borlaug's efforts to increase wheat yield were well intentioned but just worsened the issue. Even in America, 20% of the population is constantly hungry and relies on charity for much of their food intake. In places like Africa it's far worse. But population just keeps zooming upward.

There just HAS to be a crash, the math simply hasn't made sense for a very long time, and agricultural yields are going down, overfarming is turning ag land into sandy deserts and alkali flats (aka salt-encrusted ground, from draining fossil water aquifers), yet hundreds of millions keep being born without any way to feed them. Global warming is really an effect, not the cause.

Nature will eventually force the issue, and human numbers will drop to just above zero in a very messy, chaotic way. Individuals and small groups will have to save themselves or die. Mankind will have to relearn the old ways, no more driving to the supermarket to buy food from Chile, you hunt and forage and farm or die. See my sig line.

Wow! "the 13 reasons why global warming may already be out of our meaningful control for as much as the next 30-50 years" Sorry, but this just confirms my suspicion that this is a site not to be trusted. Many scientists are saying it's quite possible that global warming is already out of our control. And if it is, or will be very soon, there's exactly zero chance that we will be able to change that in any following time span, much less the next 30-50 years.

And where in the world did you ever get the idea there are human colonies on the moon? Or was that meant to be a joke?
The national space council says that by 2024-2028 there will be a self-sustainable human colony [base] on the Moon, it seems easier than building a ship to live on in the short term despite the ship being a better option. Terraforming would for sure be a lot of work and the same as what is happening to Earth is bound to happen eventually. Not to mention that weather would destroy homes and flood places, mosquitoes would spread disease and all in all it seems not to be worth the effort.

NASA’s full Artemis plan revealed: 37 launches and a lunar outpost

They would really need a huge building to fit us all on the moon.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why more people aren't adopting primitive lifestyles, well as primitive as possible. There is a segment of anarchist theory called "anarcho-primitivism", a theory saying that humanity should and eventually will return to a Stone Age existence. Theodore Kaczynski's work can be classified as being somewhat within this line of philosophy, although Kaczynski himself never described himself as such.

Even most an-prims mostly give lip service to the idea, apparently preferring their cushy urban lives to living off the land. Even prominent primitivists such as Colorado's Daniel Suelo, who made waves a few years ago with his supposed "zero currency" life, are more dependent on technology than they care to admit-Suelo admits to "house sitting" for elderly "snowbirds" during the harsh Colorado winters. He has inspired a few people to attempt a more authentic approach to primitivism. There is the Tiny House movement, but most Tiny Houses are basically just scaled down McMansions for idle rich millenials.

What really rankles me is the high maintenance lifestyles of the top global warming heralds. Al Gore, who lives in a 20,000 sqft mansion and flies around the world on a private jet to preach the end of civilization, enrages me. He has probably done more to drive people into the "it's all a hoax!" line of argument than to convince them otherwise. Also, there are the Hollywood stars, such as Julia Roberts, who don't seem to want to live off the land.

Greta Thunberg and other young AGW stars seem to be a little less hypocritical, although not by much. Darryl Hannah is one of the least hypocritical, she lives on a ranch, produces much of her food, and drives a biodiesel fueled pickup. She has also said that she is very likely autistic, and she was blacklisted after she could no longer handle the meltdowns caused by such things as repeated flashes from the cameras of the paparazzi.

Me myself, I'm maybe a year away from moving to the area of the 42 North parallel and adopting a primitive life. There's a year round river in the area, with fish. There are oak trees, meaning edible acorns. Then I can raise chickens and potatoes. By the time it becomes impossible to do even that, I'll likely be elderly and I'll just die, alone, never to be discovered.

Scary stuff. The general trend I believe is that things are happening faster then expected. Unfortunately the trend also seems to be people won't react till their house really is under water. We have actually known this was coming for a long time. The first CO2 warnings started in the 1930's. By the 1960's the general public knew the environment was going down the tubes. One can hope people will avoid actual extinction, but a large die-off seems likely to me at some point in the not too distant future. Nature will have its way ultimately. I am curious what the next rulers of the planet will be. Once Dinosaurs 'ruled the world', there was an age of Trilobites, etc. I am rooting for Ants. Wonderful little creatures and collectively quite smart in their way. It has been estimated 1/2 the total biomass of the planet is ants. I'd rather see that then it go all the way back to fungi or something similarly icky.

I'm rooting for rats, or maybe mice. They can probably evolve fast enough to outrun the worst of it, unless you're talking the complete elimination of oxygen from our atmosphere, in which case it's unlikely much of anything will survive. They could conceivably evolve forward facing eye sockets and opposing thumbs, which would make them predators and not prey. From there they could gain enough sentience to evolve sophisticated societal organization. It would be interesting if their civilization mainly existed underground, instead of the surface civilization that is a distant descendant of our hominid ancestors' tree-oriented lives. It could be that sentient lifeforms on other worlds exist underground, making them undetectable to us. An underground civilization would be unlikely to develop radio, which seems to be the main tool in our SETI toolbox.

You know, as much as I want to believe that the apocalypse is coming "soon", there's something I've always noticed about doomsday, ever since 2012.

1. An organization of some sort, like a church network or a team of scientists, "discover" something [that's actually not news and that a small percentage of people already know about, correct me if I'm wrong] devastating and make predictions.
2. The predictions are made and then a date is decided for Doomsday to happen in some form, in 2012 we had the fictional planet Nibiru falling on our heads, which NASA themselves actually blatantly disproved, in 1999 we had the poorly-coded Y2K bug which I was alive to hear about, and in Christmas of the year I was born [1996] a bunch of spaceships and angels were supposed to show up. For reference, here's a list of dates predicted for the world to end.
3. Preparations are made for everyone to be mentally and spiritually ready for the date to come and how we should deal with it coming, then everyone panics. Or doesn't.
4. The date eventually comes.... but nothing happens! Instead, it's nothing but a simple rainstorm (at least over here where I live, it rained in Dec 21st 2012). And to capitalize on the hype, thousands of people on YouTube the world over get their cell phone cameras ready and their special effects software open to film something in their backyard that's COMPLETELY NORMAL TO HAPPEN, doctor it up for something to move around or flash some kind of strange light with zero sound effects, then go on for twenty minutes about how it's a sign of the world ending or Cthulu Fhtagn coming back to eat the world's trees or some hippie crap.

Seriously, has no one else noticed this? I have been seeing it happen for thirteen years straight. I mean, don't get me wrong, the world is definitely going to end one day and the world is definitely eventually going to be destroyed, but we never see it actually happen on the days we predict it to happen. And I'm certain we'll be dead before the planet is, unless the good Lord Himself saves us first (well, those who deserve it anyway). I'm not saying it's never going to happen, I'm saying it's not going to happen this soon. While there is a bunch of stuff that COULD destroy the Earth, nothing has succeeded yet. So, right now, I'm not very worried myself.

We're a tough planet. We still have time.

New Threads

Top Bottom