• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome To The New AspiesCentral.com - Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot read the vertical font going downwards that lists the FORUMS. I'm autistic!
Excellent website template but 3rd grade homepage listing forums. Can't this be improved with legible font? I just can't believe any professional programmer would create such a childish amatuerish homepage where to me it's illegible to find the FORUMS [distinct forums in which you can find the SECTION in which to create new content.]

General Autism Spectrum Discussions
All things relating to Aspergers and the Autism spectrum.
General Autism DiscussionNEW
Any topics

Asperger's Syndrome and Autism Forums | AspiesCentral.com

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are talking about?

Much kind regards Brent. Brent the only reason why I bring up this issue is because as a Content Creator it's confusing for me to figure out where to create new thread. I love this website, like the people here and would like to add more content here. I have provided a link to the hompage in which on the left side going down vertical one letter at a time is the "forums."

No insult meant to the website template as every template has it's plus and minuses.
It's just difficult for me to manuever into the forums because my eyes don't easily recognize the vertical thread headers. I don't know how to take a screen shot [years ago I studied computers but concentrated on Content Providing, Data Mining, moderating and social websites/dating etc.]

It's on the HOMEPAGE. On the left side...if the font cannot change [listing all the forums] then I will adjust. I hate to whine about a fantastic website filled with cool people and an administrator who has done a smooth job of transitioning us to this new spot.

Brent I know you care and support you and your changes. Below is a copy of the top left side of the homepage listing vertically on the left side the forums. Wish the font could be changed but if not I will adjust. This is the feedback thread yes? :) Thanks for caring and bringing this website up to date.

AspiesCentral.com.Social Buttons .

Welcome To Aspies CentralIntroduce YourselfNEW
Say hello to the community. Don't be shy, just say Hi!

Asperger's Syndrome and Autism Forums | AspiesCentral.com {Brent it's the font on the left side going downwards vertically I'm talking about. If it can't be fixed that's cool as I'll adjust.}

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are talking about?

The problem is I can't see any issue on my end.

Can you tell me the following:

Operating System
Browser
Screen Resolution

If you google how to take a screenshot you should be able to find a nice tutorial based on the operating system you are using.

Thanks Brent for the quick customer service! I deleted my original thread and will adapt to this website. I took a software testing class in the past and will spend more time learning this site. Thanks for caring and looking forward to adding valuable and fun content here.

The problem is I can't see any issue on my end.

Can you tell me the following:

Operating System
Browser
Screen Resolution

If you google how to take a screenshot you should be able to find a nice tutorial based on the operating system you are using.

If you can get me a screenshot of how it looks to you I will try my best to fix it for you. As it is now though, I can't seem to see anything that resembles that on my side.

I understand what you are saying-members who have outdated browsers and OS can and will see a different homepage. I'll send you a PM with the info. But bottomline, I can adjust and learn. Thanks.

If you can get me a screenshot of how it looks to you I will try my best to fix it for you. As it is now though, I can't seem to see anything that resembles that on my side.

Just an FYI - there seems to be a server side issue with the infinite scroller for the Blogs | AspiesCentral.com page (only the "Aspies Default" style which paginates threads was tested). The issue manifests as the next batch of blog entries to load repeating entries already shown/loaded or seeming to skip a few days worth of blog entries. This is reproducible in multiple browsers on the client side and seemingly it doesn't matter if you are logged in or not.

Looking at the HTTP traffic the client side script issues requests for JSON data for the respective "pages" - and the missing/repeated entries can be seen in the JSON returned by the server.

Last edited:
Just an FYI - there seems to be a server side issue with the infinite scroller for the Blogs | AspiesCentral.com page (only the "Aspies Default" style which paginates threads was tested). The issue manifests as the next batch of blog entries to load repeating entries already shown/loaded or seeming to skip a few days worth of blog entries. This is reproducible in multiple browsers on the client side and seemingly it doesn't matter if you are logged in or not.

Looking at the HTTP traffic the client side script issues requests for JSON data for the respective "pages" - and the missing/repeated entries can be seen in the JSON returned by the server.

Thanks will bring this up with the developer.

It worked for you? The reason I disabled is that I could never get it to work. Will give it more time soon to see if it was something on my end.
I only ever tried it in Fullscreen mode in Chrome on my Mac. Popup blocker issue, perhaps?

QUICK NAVIGATION button: gets you into threads real fast!
Upper top right side of every page is that button. Excellent! I found an easy way for me to find different forums. Life most I complain when a new website/upgrades are introduced on the many social forums I've been on.

But as usual like here, after a short time they are a better way to use the website. Such as I have found here.

I seem to be having connectivity issues with my home IP. Not sure if that's something that's fixable on your end, though.

The advertising is obnoxious. I am not interested in VIP status. The popup that prevents ad blocking in browsers is also annoying. These, in the aggregate, greatly reduce the amount of time I wish to spend on the website.

Loomis stick with it. In the beginning [I don't like change] I complained. But after awhile I don't notice the advertising anymore! I've found this website to be just as easy and sociable as the older one. I've been a moderator, Content creator and researcher of MANYsocial websites.

The advertising is obnoxious. I am not interested in VIP status. The popup that prevents ad blocking in browsers is also annoying. These, in the aggregate, greatly reduce the amount of time I wish to spend on the website.

Loomis stick with it. In the beginning [I don't like change] I complained. But after awhile I don't notice the advertising anymore! I've found this website to be just as easy and sociable as the older one. I've been a moderator, Content creator and researcher of MANYsocial websites.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still here but needed to vent. I can ignore the ads but some are really repulsive.

We run three display advertisements on the site. You will never see more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom