• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

V.I.P. Member Perks - Suggest New Perks

Brent

Administrator
Current V.I.P. member perks include:

1. No Advertisements of any kind
  2. Access to private V.I.P. Member forum (All rules do still apply to this forum)
  3. Blue username and V.I.P. badge under your username
Please feel free to offer suggestions below for new perks you would like to see for V.I.P. members and I will consider them all.

Don't forget that you also get to change your User Title, which appears under your avatar (what might currently say "active member" or the like), to whatever you like.

RECOGNITION. Having taken professional Fund Raising classes and applied lessons learned in the business world and online as a website owner/Content Creator/moderator; people/members, love to not only be thanked 3xs*** but also love recognition!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought-if there were any way to recognize VIP members or other members for [example] mosts posts of the week/month, most original post, most creative posts, best helper, newcomer award, most active newcomers, best lurkers?, etc etc etc etc etc.

This could be a simple thread or temp buttons added to people's profiles?

Whaddya think? ;)

***that's a saying about volunteers, thank them 3xs...at least...

Create a survey and ask the VIP members what they want! ;) You could also ask other members IF they were a VIP member what would they want/expect? Just an idea...but surveys are excellent at getting feedback. I've used them to my advantage.

I don't do plastic and I definitely won't do PayPal. I had a VERY bad experience with them a few years ago. So, how can I become a VIP member in light of the aforementioned? Is there someplace I can mail a check or money order? Brent could track me down easily if I sent a bad check.:rolleyes:

I will PM you my address.

So... about that username change thing... am I half unconscious right now? I can't figure out how to change it ;>.>

I don't do plastic and I definitely won't do PayPal. I had a VERY bad experience with them a few years ago. So, how can I become a VIP member in light of the aforementioned? Is there someplace I can mail a check or money order? Brent could track me down easily if I sent a bad check.:rolleyes:
I would be VIP if there was a way to pay besides PayPal. About Visa or a money order?

I have subscribed to VIP so I could donate to the operation of the site, as I think it's a fantastic resource and I'm so happy that the beautiful and awesome Sass recommended the site to me. This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't generally like offering additional perks to people for money. I grew up very poor and lived on disability in the USA for a good long while, so I am sensitive about rewarding people for 'having money'. I don't really like having the blue indicator in my name, either, because it suggests a hierarchy of money, and gives me entitlements that I didn't work for, just based on my current financial capacity.

I would love to suggest that there might be other ways to donate to keep the site running for those of us who don't want special privileges just because we have the capacity to offer a bit of financial help. I would prefer to earn any special rewards here, through kindness, friendship and advice. I'm a bleeding heart Commie, though. :smilingimp:

Maybe this should be a general capability, but I'd really like to be able to tag a specific post and have the ability to read those posts together, or search them. It's there a way to do that already?

I'm not sure either one of my suggestions are technically feasible, because I don't know enough about forum architecture, but here are 2:

- Having an extra thumbnail for favorite threads, distinct from the watched threads one.

- Being allowed to occasionally restrict access to a thread to "Members only" when the thread is created outside of the "Members only" section. (In case this is confusing: some of the discussions are belong in the General discussion section, but are still fairly revealing, and may be more information than what members want to let the browsing public know, while at the same time, the topic tackled disqualifies the thread for being placed in the members only section. So that stealth option could help reconcile those)

I'm not sure either one of my suggestions are technically feasible, because I don't know enough about forum architecture, but here are 2:

- Having an extra thumbnail for favorite threads, distinct from the watched threads one.

- Being allowed to occasionally restrict access to a thread to "Members only" when the thread is created outside of the "Members only" section. (In case this is confusing: some of the discussions are belong in the General discussion section, but are still fairly revealing, and may be more information than what members want to let the browsing public know, while at the same time, the topic tackled disqualifies the thread for being placed in the members only section. So that stealth option could help reconcile those)
I can't personally say that an additional thumbnail would be feasible,but may be possible.

In the event that you created a thread outside of the members only area,we can move threads per requests so they are not in public view if necessary.

I'm looking forward to buying a VIP membership. I don't have much money right now and also would like to see if I end up staying here. It's a great site. The only thing to add that I can think of is the ability to change your username. That would be awesome.

I'm looking forward to buying a VIP membership. I don't have much money right now and also would like to see if I end up staying here. It's a great site. The only thing to add that I can think of is the ability to change your username. That would be awesome.

It is possible to change your Username.
If you don't think your Username is appropriate/right for you,
contact a Staff Member.

You know the $15 price for "Lifetime" membership? Is that monthly or a 1 off payment?

As far as I know, $15 works out around £12 at current exchange rate.

New Threads

Top Bottom