• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

UberScout Joins The Dark Side

Also, speaking spiritually; it's POSSIBLE that I may have a real demon living in my soul. I'm going to ask about that in Religion. This is a serious thing I'm talking about to, I'm not just being goth or something, I seriously, genuinely have reason to suspect there is a demon in me.

I think you should create a thread about this. I’d like to hear what you have to say. In fact it’s a topic I’ve taken an interest in lately (“dark attachments”).

Might be a good time to depart the forum, then, because you’re not going to get away with being rude and nasty to people here, I’m afraid.

Yeah, I honestly had this same thought.

I get why the decision to not be pushed around anymore is there. Too much bullying... you bet it can lead to that.

But that's not an excuse to get nasty.

On top of that though, it's ALSO not the way to deal with the bullies. It's a way to JOIN them, sure, a way to sink to their level, but... that'd be even more nonsensical.

I'm saying all of this not just as one who has experienced alot of bullying (back during highschool, naturally)... but as someone who managed to directly triumph over *ALL* of them.

And I remained the "good guy" through all of it. Granted... I could also control the bloody faculty, but still, I never did break a rule or even so much as act slightly rude towards even one person in order to exercise that control. It just wasnt necessary, and besides, I refused to sink to the level of the jerks I had been up against. THAT would have been a victory for them.

Which is something else to keep in mind. You think you're rising above them by doing this big personality change, but... that sure aint what it looks like from my perspective.

D00d, just being rude and nasty isn't the answer, because here's the catch22:
A) Be a good guy, people use you as a doormat/swiffer mop.
B) Be a jerk/rulebreaker, people get other people who are higher up on the pecking order than you to officially use you as a swiffer mop.

Neither one really works for me. I really don't want to go to jail, or be the subject of a 500 page Kiwi Farms thread, with all my dox on the first post for everyone to harass me with. Also, I don't think that compliantly letting people walk all over me because of my inferiority is that great either. 40 years of it tends to get dull.

C) Retreat to the wild with my only connections to the outside world being a beat up Hyundai, a ham radio, a AM/MW radio, and a satellite dish for internet that doesn't work during storms. Pay my property taxes and nobody cares about me being out there, as long as I stay out of the way of the weed planters. It's not like I contribute anything to society anyway, so I'll just raise chickens, grow potatoes, and gather acorns. (Oh yeah, and fish for a couple months in the spring before the toxic algae kills everything in the river-again.)

Being an e-thug seems great until Kiwi Farms doxes you and suddenly the entire internetz is laughing at you and sending you copies of the Quran.

I tried the small acreage thing in Tasmania, only to get death threated by neighbours for not making myself available to the local wife swappers/sleaze club.

Yeah, I honestly had this same thought.

I get why the decision to not be pushed around anymore is there. Too much bullying... you bet it can lead to that.

But that's not an excuse to get nasty.

On top of that though, it's ALSO not the way to deal with the bullies. It's a way to JOIN them, sure, a way to sink to their level, but... that'd be even more nonsensical.

I'm saying all of this not just as one who has experienced alot of bullying (back during highschool, naturally)... but as someone who managed to directly triumph over *ALL* of them.

And I remained the "good guy" through all of it. Granted... I could also control the bloody faculty, but still, I never did break a rule or even so much as act slightly rude towards even one person in order to exercise that control. It just wasnt necessary, and besides, I refused to sink to the level of the jerks I had been up against. THAT would have been a victory for them.

Which is something else to keep in mind. You think you're rising above them by doing this big personality change, but... that sure aint what it looks like from my perspective.

I'm not competing on any food chains. I'm just walking down a new path that's smoother and easier than that "Johnny be good" one was.

I think you should create a thread about this. I’d like to hear what you have to say. In fact it’s a topic I’ve taken an interest in lately (“dark attachments”).
....are you sure? Cause in order for that to happen, I wouldn't be able to tell about it through a lengthy story.

I'd have to just.....let Him tell you guys for me...

I tried the small acreage thing in Tasmania, only to get death threated by neighbours for not making myself available to the local wife swappers/sleaze club.

Fortunately, I live in the US. Also, my main neighbors will be marijuana plants, cows, a handful of Hmong plant tenders, and the rancher who has superior grazing rights. I don't think that I'll have any problems from a swinger club. It helps to choose an area with few if any neighbors. Dunno if that's possible on a small island.

Are you going to be rude to others or are you just going to pay them no mind at all? I don't really understand what you're getting at by going to the "dark side".

I've gotten exhausted dealing with people and have done the latter. It's more helpful than being rude, at least in my experience. Just ignoring people and not really doing anything nice or mean to them, since it doesn't take a lot of energy or thought really.

Turtles aren't able to send thankyou letters, and maybe didn't even know what happened. But you saved an innocent life and that matters. I don't think there is anything wrong with being nice. You just have to be careful not to pour it on the ground.

I'm not competing on any food chains. I'm just walking down a new path that's smoother and easier than that "Johnny be good" one was.

Hmm, you seem to have missed my point. I never said or even implied that you were competing on the same "food chain". It wouldnt work, because if you're going with THAT option, you've already lost. Not only do the bullies not have to try to compete.... they dont even have to NOTICE.

Besides. I know full well, that this path you speak of not only wont be smoother or easier, it'll be spiky and awful. The problem for you is, once you've reached the spiky part, even if you decide to go back to normal to avoid that problem... those spikes will haunt you endlessly. They dont go away easily. And they do way, way more damage than you think.

You think you've got this all figured out, but I guarantee you: Only the opposite is true.

Not that anyone ever listens to me though. After all, what do I know? I've only had to watch this one happen about 5 billion times over a couple of decades.

That's enough outta me though. I have an idea as to where this is likely to go next, so I'll simply let the others say what they like. Too much typing today anyway, my arm is starting to go bad again. Maybe time for a break from the blasted computer for a bit.

Fortunately, I live in the US. Also, my main neighbors will be marijuana plants, cows, a handful of Hmong plant tenders, and the rancher who has superior grazing rights. I don't think that I'll have any problems from a swinger club. It helps to choose an area with few if any neighbors. Dunno if that's possible on a small island.

Oh I left, live back on the mainland now, less inbreds. The kiwi farms site was a new one on me, don't they have anything better to do?

Hi UberScout i get your rage and upset, i being a people pleaser have often felt 'hard done by, angry and upset' when people have ignored my true intent, i feel on reflection i was so desperate to have 'friends' in my life that i always made the effort and got little back leading to anxiety and depression my way forward is to only invite/support people in my life that.........
Show regard and respect to me
Accept who i am
Show me via keeping in touch and showing love and concern that it's a reciprocal thing.
Most people please themselves and spot venerability as a means to exploit that person based on their own wants and needs
Maybe you could strike a balance somewhere between Uncomplaining doormat and Mean machine?
Think this explains where i want to be in life ATM as i try day by day to increase my self esteem and way of being i think i may achieve this at least some days.

Welcome to the Dark Side. I have recently embraced the same decision in my life and I still struggle to talk but I roasted my mom in the most diplomatic way last time she kept public shaming me, so tables had turned. I have said every little thing of my opinion and while I fully knew most people will agree with me, my voice was shaky. The content was delivered though. What an internal laugh i had when she had nothing she could say this time.

I have a deep fear to speak the truth and talk about myself online. I fear my gf being attacked since my profile displays it in a chatroom game, and I have fears of being hacked and the gang i discovered preys on people and fools them to get money is lurking, and the members aren't few. Im positive most are highly insane and pretty smart and deceitful.

I rl I fear getting beat up if i comment rudely back to restrained vision narcissists who make rude comments especially because they do that when they're not alone. And how am i supposed to cuss out this old man who called me a dog because my mask was in my purse and he thought i had none while he was not wearing it in public either and it's not required to in public. How do such idiots even live to that age.

I desire to roast them til their arm wife feels ashamed for holding on to their gibbon arm, and yell after them as they throw idiot remarks on the street. I crave to go up to them and ask if they called me a dog and mention i actually have a mask in my purse and I wouldn't expect them to realize such things because they kinda look like they were locked in a basement their whole life.

Last edited:
For decades, I have been laughed at, shunned, shamed, belittled, and hated just for the simple fact that I'm not normal like everyone around me forces me to be.

I have been yelled at for things that weren't my fault, accused and punished for wrongdoings that had other peoples' names on them, I've been stolen from under the automatic and unavoidable label of eternally weak, and most heinous of all, my own family, who are supposed to be supportive of me in battling my Demon(s), are no differently aligned towards me.

I've been told to (read: FORCED TO) be nice about it and not fight against it or make it right, because just like when I was living with my evil uncle and aunt, everyone is always right and I am the only one in the known universe who is always wrong no matter what good deed he does.

Well guess what? I'm done! I'm sick of being a good person! I'm not going to do it anymore! It does nothing beneficial for me anymore; I do good things for people every single day of my life, asking ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in return. And what do I get? Everything listed at the beginning of this thread.

No more Mr. Nice Guy from now on. The UberScout that saved turtles from busy roads and dropped $20 bills in tip jars and donation buckets is dead; someone broke into his house and blew his skill inward with a sawn-off shotgun.

Everyone, meet the NEW UberScout....

Think at some point, you will find a happy middle ground. But it's awhile to accept yourself. I didn't find myself until about age 25, then l just didn't care what other people thought.

Definitely these the days l am standoffish however l would call that the soft version of the *Dark Side*.

But l hit the dark side when l left my ex and l swam around in my pirraha tank dicing myself up with anger and a good sprinkling of sadness. Later l realized that wasn't helping me much.

You are maturing. When you start questioning how you come off to other people and why you do what you do - to me this is the next level of maturity. You are reinventing yourself and it's great. You find yourself and thought patterns changing as your maturity kicks in. You obviously have a new interest in life from this post, and l am happy for you.

Definitely these the days l am standoffish however l would call that the soft version of the *Dark Side*.
That's the Candy Dark Side:candy:

You are maturing. When you start questioning how you come off to other people and why you do what you do - to me this is the next level of maturity. You are reinventing yourself and it's great. You find yourself and thought patterns changing as your maturity kicks in. You obviously have a new interest in life from this post, and l am happy for you.

I actually did a reverse 'mature' with the rude bunch. No longer act mature but treat them like they treat you/act. Obviously this isn't going to go a long way with the close ones, but being honest to blunt might.

One can be nice and still
ask people if they're having problems in their life. I asked someone and they started talking, then they wanted to be my friend lol but I can't seem to befriend such people after seeing what they do. Basically this is the way to confront trolls apart from ignoring their negative behavior.

Are you going to be rude to others or are you just going to pay them no mind at all? I don't really understand what you're getting at by going to the "dark side".

I've gotten exhausted dealing with people and have done the latter. It's more helpful than being rude, at least in my experience. Just ignoring people and not really doing anything nice or mean to them, since it doesn't take a lot of energy or thought really.
Think about how a villain in Teen Titans GO would live his/her daily routine when not terrorizing the town.

When I say I'm evil now I don't mean as in "Hey, maybe I should try robbing a bank or kidnapping someone". Picture it like this: At first, I used to hand homeless people money, lead lost dogs to their panicking owners, and other good deeds. Now I'm that chain-wearing, various-gold-rings-and-other-jewelry-on-my-fingers-clad ne-er do well that spends his time laying waste to abandoned cars and shooting dice for money.

So get used to it.

Apparently you're supposed to calm and then call them out on their behavior, tell them they are being rude, if their day is ok, hope they have a good day, use sarcastic witty responses like 'did i tell you you're brilliant today? must be that halo of kindness you're wearing' lol, but maintain compliments and kindness or seeming kindness in the things you say

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom