• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Toys you wanted as kids but never got...

I wanted this so much!!! I envisioned hours upon hours of just rocking and rocking and never getting off the horse actually. I never asked for it though. I figured my mother would just say they couldn't afford it.
horse.jpg

Peel the stickers off? That kinda lame, not to mention, that could easily ruin the stickers doing that. I found it a lot easier to just take the cube apart and put it back together.

The stickers weren't so friendly to reattach, not to mention being extremely painful when they'd jam under your fingernail in the process of trying to lift them. I found it easier to pop apart as well.

Good thing. You could really mess with somebody by putting back the stickers in an unsolvable combination.

A pig!

I know that's not a toy, but I saw a pig at a pet store when I was around 8 and for years insisted on getting a pig.

I never got that pig. :(

It explains ALL of my current problems! :mad:

Well guest what? Boys play with dolls as well. But we don't call them "dolls", we call them "action figures".

I'm fully aware that both boys and girls play with dolls (Me and my brother used to play with Action Man when we were younger and my sisters used to play with Barbie).
The full sentence on my comment was "I never understood that; why do girls want to play with dolls that either won't stop crying and/or defecate in one way or another like the "Magic Potty Baby" or "Diaper Surprise Baby"."
I don't know why you decided to cut my sentence when you quoted it.

Speaking of annoying dolls, check out these two and listen to how passive-aggressive the advert sounds:

Last edited:
I never understood that; why do girls want to play with dolls that either won't stop crying and/or defecate in one way or another like the "Magic Potty Baby" or "Diaper Surprise Baby". As a parent, those are two of the things you hate the most yet apparently the people making those toys thought "Yeah - girls want to hear babies crying all the time and watching them mess themselves"
Yes, I don't get this either - these things are all sensory nightmares for me. I don't get why girls would want to play with things like ironing sets or toy vacuum cleaners, either. Why would anyone want to play at doing boring, annoying household chores? I never got this 'maternal instinct' thing.
Why were you horrified?
Because they took what were for me, the three best and most important subjects at school, and rolled them all into one GSCE. I'm glad I went to school when I did, and not later, because I would hate to be deprived of the subjects I enjoyed most at school. School was only tolerable because I had all the science subjects to look forward to, subjects that I was actually interesed in and good at, as opposed to things like drama or English literature.

I wanted these guys so bad. Wind up bugs that eat the troops. Whats not to like. But who ever heard of a giant bug named Hamilton? My older brother (who was a candidate for the anti-christ at the time) had one. But he wound it up and made it crawl on my sisters sleeping head and it became so entangled it had to be cut out with large clumps of hair and my father was so mad that was the end of that.

0_HamiltonsInvadersSearsWishbookAd_zps70648879.jpg

Cool spaceship. Boooorrrrrriiinnng show. :D

I thought it was great fun when I was 7 years old. Hasn't aged well though...

Even so - The Eagle still has top be one of the coolest ship designs around :)

Last edited:
I wanted a lego Death Star. Finally got to build one last year!

When I heard that physics, chemistry and biology had all been rolled into one subject in the UK, science, I was horrified, and just so glad to have been around when they were separate subjects.
They are still separate subjects at GCSE level for those who are good at science and choose to take them. I took 'Triple Science' at GCSE, which in reality was Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I think 'Double Science' also takes them separately but you spend less time on them in total and only get 2 GCSEs out of it.

Usually wanted a chemistry set for christmas but never got one, as well as anything related to making candy, books on candy, a candy thermometer, old fashioned candy moulds. My childhood wish was to open a candy store, where they made their own candy canes, caramels, fudge, and peppermints. My maternal grandmother's hobby was making candy and selling it at fairs and fundraisers. The best fudge I've ever tasted. Slightly crisp and shiny on the outside, soft inside, still dream about it on occasion.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom