• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Toys you wanted as kids but never got...

Laziless more like, not looking it up to check the spelling :wink:
Perhaps Rubrik should have invented an all black cube with no stickers. Then I could solve it in literally no time at all :)

you meant - lazilass
:)

it couldn't be black. A racist cube wouldn't sell these days...

similass OR a better kind of cube... than the one you used to peel the stickers off to finish it.

Peel the stickers off? That kinda lame, not to mention, that could easily ruin the stickers doing that. I found it a lot easier to just take the cube apart and put it back together.

My mom was actually pretty good at getting us cool toys - we had the creepy crawlers and creeple people, etch a sketch. easy bake oven, erector set, pogo stick, hot wheels and race tracks. But, for some reason we didn't have packages of the little animals. You know, the ones that are an inch or less - farm animals or zoo animals. I remember being at a neighbor's house and they had them and I stole the little lamb because I never seen these little animals before and loved them. I carried a lot of guilt over that but never told anyone.

A pot of farting slime.
Little grandkids each got a little container of this while here for our Christmas get together and one of them left theirs behind. I found it and have opened it and played with it. lol

A pot of farting slime.

Luckily in my case my mother bought me some Whamo "Super Stuff". Close enough I suppose, though it did not give off any gaseous odors as I recall.

Yeah, all of kids on the block had our precious container of pink slime. Can't remember doing anything really practical with it though. :rolleyes:

But I was a big fan of the "Blob"- and Steve McQueen! :p

Though I don't recall anyone with Super Stuff being able to make any of my peers just disappear either. Bummer. o_O

Last edited:
Chemistry set and a monkey.

Nobody would supervise me with the chemistry set so that was a no.

Real monkey. Wanted to teach it to ride on my shoulder to school with me.

Instead I got a sensible school coat, a baby brother and yet another blonde haired, blue eyed dolly that I could feed with packets of gloop and it pooed in its nappy.

Joy.

Last edited:

I had two chemistry sets, though neither provided by my parents. :oops:

Unsupervised, somehow I managed not to burn the house down, or have our property declared environmentally unsafe. :cool:

I had two chemistry sets, though neither provided by my parents. :eek:ops

Unsupervised, somehow I managed not to burn the house down, or have our property declared environmentally unsafe. :cool:

I so wanted to be the studious looking geek in a lab coat on the front of the box :)

Getting up before my parents in a morning and mixing the sugar with coffee and some vinegar on the kitchen floor wasn’t quite the same thing,
No lab coat :D

I so wanted to be the studious looking geek in a lab coat on the front of the box :)

Getting up before my parents in a morning and mixing the sugar with coffee and some vinegar on the kitchen floor wasn’t quite the same thing,

Ironically taking chemistry in high school spoiled it all for me. :eek:

Where a formal class on the subject turned out to be anything but fun. :oops:

Last edited:
Ironically taking chemistry in high school spoiled it all for me. :eek:

Where a formal class on the subject turned out to be anything but fun. :oops:

My daughter said much the same thing.
Experimenting as a child was the most fun she had with Chemistry,
At 16 - 18yrs in a formal A level classroom, it drained all of the awe and wonder from experimenting.

I used to love experimenting, and at school I loved the various experiments that we got to do... we had a chemisty teacher who did all sorts of experiments that he probably shouldn't have done and probably wouldn't have got away with had he done them today.

When I heard that physics, chemistry and biology had all been rolled into one subject in the UK, science, I was horrified, and just so glad to have been around when they were separate subjects.

Chemistry set and a monkey.

Real monkey. Wanted to teach it to ride on my shoulder to school with me.

Instead I got a sensible school coat, a baby brother and yet another blonde haired, blue eyed dolly that I could feed with packets of gloop and it pooed in its nappy.

Joy.

I never understood that; why do girls want to play with dolls that either won't stop crying and/or defecate in one way or another like the "Magic Potty Baby" or "Diaper Surprise Baby". As a parent, those are two of the things you hate the most yet apparently the people making those toys thought "Yeah - girls want to hear babies crying all the time and watching them mess themselves".
However, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.

As for the chemistry set, that's reminded me that I've got various science sets stored away at my Dad's house (a chemistry set, make your own propeller engine, crystal making, etc.) that I got bought for me but never used because I needed an adult and neither my mum or dad had any time to supervise me.
Heck, some of those were bought when my age was still in single digits and now I'm nearly 27; if my Dad's still got them stored away, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff inside has rotted/got covered in mould.

I used to love experimenting, and at school I loved the various experiments that we got to do... we had a chemisty teacher who did all sorts of experiments that he probably shouldn't have done and probably wouldn't have got away with had he done them today.

When I heard that physics, chemistry and biology had all been rolled into one subject in the UK, science, I was horrified, and just so glad to have been around when they were separate subjects.

Why were you horrified? Based on my own experience in high school, we did one day of physics, one day of chemisty and one day of biology a week - they were just all grouped under one label.

I never understood that; why do girls want to play with dolls that either won't stop crying and/or defecate in one way or another like the "Magic Potty Baby" or "Diaper Surprise Baby".
Historically, it appealed to young maternal instincts, and rounded out playing "house."

New Threads

Top Bottom