• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

They all say looks aren't everything,but what if...

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
merman.jpg

They all say that looks aren't everything. A nice reminder for all members of humanity.

What if you're not human? What if you're a merman?

What about Mer-manity?

A myth is a story so powerful, that the tale is re-told through the generations.
It takes on a life of its own growing a deeper meaning in the re-telling.
Once a true story becoming an eternal story relevant to all humanity.
What about mer-manity?

Beauty only swims on the surface, never deep

Looks aren't everything. Who hasn't longed for something they can't have?
Beauty is only skin deep
Consider those that have beauty - those that are longed for, chased after, lied to in order to win their hearts.

What happens when you can have something you don't want?

The last of the fish-tailed mermen

The fish-tailed merman had never met a mer-woman.
Not even his mother, she was full fish.
He was just a freak,thrown out of the school at the first opportunity.
Ignored by the fish-headed,made fun of by the fish.

He had spend his lifetime looking for someone. Someone he could love.
There were no fish-tailed women and he was the last of the fish-tailed mermen.
The mer-people had two choices.
They can mate with their own kind, or the fish headed mer-people could mate with humans, the fish tailed with fish.
It's a cruel fate - as the fish tails loved humans and the fish heads loved fish.

The Merman needed to ensure the survival of his people, he was the only one.
He knew what he had to do to ensure the survival of his race.

The merman looked at me and spoke.
"There are many things in my life I regret. I just can't do it."
"Not with a fish."

Well the merman told me it was mostly procreation.

Maybe he'll man up one day.

I didn't think of it as racism...

I sort of had the same thought Progster had lol but then I thought...

Well, how do fish-heads procreate with fish-tailed mer-people?? The...mechanics of that makes me scratch my head :D lol

I sort of had the same thought Progster had lol but then I thought...

Well, how do fish-heads procreate with fish-tailed mer-people?? The...mechanics of that makes me scratch my head :D lol

Never mind this autism business.

Some things are more important and need to be resolved.

Reminds me of Whales on Stilts, by M.T. Anderson:

"The mad scientist Larry—part whale and part human, who keeps a bag over his head and douses himself with brine—hates the earth and wants to dominate it. So he has invented electronic gear to control all the whales on the planet, equipped them with laser-beam eyes, and made stilts for them to use in an invasion. Unfortunately for Larry, who is smarter than your usual half human and half whale, Lily and her two friends devise endless ways to foil his plot."

I always wanted to be a mermaid...………………..

At about the age of three years old; when asked what she would like to be when she grew up,
my youngest daughter stated very matter of fact that she had every intention of becoming a mermaid and expected £200 as wages.

She has a very different job now in her twenties, the jokey nickname Pearl - in reference to precious things that originate under the sea,
And thankfully hasn't yet dragged anything home to meet us that resembles the thread photo.
:)

...although he does look a cheerful sort...

I might be concerned about how he'd help support his shoal between jobs.

Last edited:
Oh Gracey that's hilarious! I love her evaluation of wages deserved!!!

I really meant it most sincerely since I like being underwater better than being anywhere else.

I really meant it most sincerely since I like being underwater better than being anywhere else.

So did she :)
If she wasn't in water she'd be near it. If she couldn't be near it she'd have books open or be drawing pictures of all things under the sea.
(I know the script and lyrics of Disney's Little Mermaid.)

At about four and a half, she suddenly stopped and became all about the light refraction through crystal.
And that was that.
Mermaid career over :)

LOL. Well, I didn't start wishing I was a mermaid until I was an adult and had experienced the under the sea environment via scuba diving. It's truly out of this world.

I always wanted to be a mermaid...………………..

As a freediver myself. I never understood why anyone would like to put on one of those tails. Although I've never put on an actual mermaid tail myself. I did try using what called a "monofin" and I what really didn't like about it was that it tied both your feet together.

If you don't know that a monofin is, here's a picture of one.
hammerhead_kaudal_monofins2.jpg

My younger daughter made a huge fuss about wanting a mermaid tail. I refused on safety grounds.
Now she only swims in a mermaid style... why not.

New Threads

Top Bottom